Focus S 5 speed - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #21
scott7278
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevys View Post
Thanks for your imput. This is very helpful. Focus seems to be the way to go.

One quick question for you guys. Can cruise control be added on the S model? Its the only thing I would really like to have. Thanks.
It's available from Rostra Precision Controls (Part No. 250-9612):

http://www.rostra.com/manuals/250-9612_Form5289.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
reamkeeper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15415
What I Drive: 2013 Fiat 500 Sport Cattiva

FF Reputation: 4 reamkeeper Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveofocus View Post
before I purchased my 2013 Focus in April I won a 2013 Fiesta S in Feb.....

Needless to say I did drive it for a month.... I ran to the focus after a Month of driving it...

Way smaller on the inside I was always touching elbows with my passenger.

no keyless entry just using my key and turning it twice to unlock all the doors!!

no storage space besides glove box!!!!

no power windows!!! even fronts are great on a focus S

40 Less HP and that 1.6 Revs so high to get up to speed no matter where u go city or highway

Small gas tank!!!!

and no matter what I think the focus beats it MPG as many of us have exceeded 40 MPG during highway driving...

Sorry for the rant I just had to get out how much of a better deal is a Focus S vs Fiesta S
I own a 2011 Fiesta SE Auto and a 2012 Focus SE Manual, I know for a fact that the fiesta has .4 gallons less tank size. 12 gallons vs 12.4

The power and speed from the engine is perfectly capable for the car, I have the DCT and it shifts great and I've never had an issue with merging or doing anything else, even in the city.

I'll never buy another car without power windows. Period, both my Focus and Fiesta have power windows and door locks, they are a must.

As far as Fiesta vs Focus, I really like both cars, yes the Fiesta has less HP but its still a fun little gokart, the interior isn't as bad as some say as far as space, but its all relative.

KKCO
Old 09-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #23
scott7278
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7278 View Post
It's available from Rostra Precision Controls (Part No. 250-9612):

http://www.rostra.com/manuals/250-9612_Form5289.pdf
I know nothing about the following company; I'm just providing you pricing information:

http://www.redline360.com/rostra-cru...focus-250-9612
Old 09-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #24
unclebrud
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85754
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus S (Ingot Silver)

FF Reputation: 1 unclebrud Good Standing Member
I have a 5-spd 'S' and it has been quite decent over 50.7K miles/2.25 years . At last check, I was getting 39.7mpg (range over the life is 33-40mpg). I think it's a great value and they are going for about $14,500. new in the Northeast currently.

But....
If I were buying new, I would step up to the SE. You get much better wheels - 16" alloy (I find the S' steel wheels w/plastic covers ugly), aluminum control arms, padded center console, rear power windows and a nicer steering wheel, etc. The differences aren't massive, but for the small diff in cost, it could be worth it to you. The SE sedans are cheap also...in the mid-15's.

Good luck...
Old 09-18-2013, 04:24 PM   #25
focusstu
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103157
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus S 5MT

FF Reputation: 2 focusstu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
One quick question for you guys. Can cruise control be added on the S model? Its the only thing I would really like to have. Thanks.
The Rostra is easy to install, mostly just plugging in connectors. You need to tap into a wire in the clutch and an ignition-on power source and connect to a chassis ground. There is an installation video on youtube and you can get the Rostra instructions on their web site. The few people who have posted about the Rostra on this site have given positive reviews. They have a good rep with other cars. Cruise control is standard on the SE now, so the $300 you'd spend on a Rostra would just narrow the difference in price, with no warranty issues.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #26
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
$800 for the 160HP worth it!
My 0.02C
Old 09-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #27
fiveofocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60237
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SFE

FF Reputation: 1 fiveofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reamkeeper View Post
I own a 2011 Fiesta SE Auto and a 2012 Focus SE Manual, I know for a fact that the fiesta has .4 gallons less tank size. 12 gallons vs 12.4

The power and speed from the engine is perfectly capable for the car, I have the DCT and it shifts great and I've never had an issue with merging or doing anything else, even in the city.

I'll never buy another car without power windows. Period, both my Focus and Fiesta have power windows and door locks, they are a must.

As far as Fiesta vs Focus, I really like both cars, yes the Fiesta has less HP but its still a fun little gokart, the interior isn't as bad as some say as far as space, but its all relative.
I haven't looked in the book but id drive that thing till it was nearly Past "E" and it was always about 9.XX gallons till it was full.

Also another thing that is small is Focus Rear Suspension is IRS where Fiesta is old school Torsen Beam set up.

Really shocked me is that when I was at the Ecoboost Challenge driving the Focus ST and Fiesta ST, the Fiesta ST still had a Beam in rear which You could feel in those tight turns begin to nearly slide out from under you
Old 09-19-2013, 03:52 AM   #28
chevys
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 51429
What I Drive: 03 Mach 1

FF Reputation: 1 chevys Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebrud View Post
I have a 5-spd 'S' and it has been quite decent over 50.7K miles/2.25 years . At last check, I was getting 39.7mpg (range over the life is 33-40mpg). I think it's a great value and they are going for about $14,500. new in the Northeast currently.

But....
If I were buying new, I would step up to the SE. You get much better wheels - 16" alloy (I find the S' steel wheels w/plastic covers ugly), aluminum control arms, padded center console, rear power windows and a nicer steering wheel, etc. The differences aren't massive, but for the small diff in cost, it could be worth it to you. The SE sedans are cheap also...in the mid-15's.

Good luck...
Now you have me re thinking my thinking. I found a SE for 15,995. Its black and I would rather have white but the kicker is its an automatic. That is a no go for me. I am afraid of the DCT. Im sure some of them are fine but there are far too many horror stories. Now if you could get this deal only with a manual it would save another 1000 bucks roughly.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #29
scott7278
Focus Addict

Quote:
Now you have me re thinking my thinking. I found a SE for 15,995. Its black and I would rather have white but the kicker is its an automatic. That is a no go for me. I am afraid of the DCT. Im sure some of them are fine but there are far too many horror stories. Now if you could get this deal only with a manual it would save another 1000 bucks roughly.
Yep...I think you'd be happier in an SE.

Sent from my HTC One using FF Mobile 4.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #30
wavsine
Focus Addict

Fan#: 118470
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Oxford White Hatch 5m

FF Reputation: 7 wavsine Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebrud View Post

But....

Good luck...
I'll take it one step further than that. I would go ahead and pony up for the Focus SE Hatchback with manual transmission. You save yourself $1095 by not getting the DCT plus Ford has rebate incentives for buying a manual transmission.

The Focus Hatchback is a better chassis than the sedan. It is structurally stiffer than the sedan and handles better. As you may know, the Focus is built with high strength steel.

The MTX-75 manual transmission is well proven and rock solid. It shifts as smooth as silk.

You may even still be able to find a '13 SE Hatch with manual for a song. With incentives and discounts, you should be able to pick one up for less than 14K + TTL.

Synthetic oil in GDI engines
www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324396

Bookmarks & Social Networks