ST Style "Conversion" bumper on eBay - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #41
Thales_C
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119269
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Thales_C Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstat View Post
Unfortunately I never got any pictures, nobody back home seems to be reliable enough to help me out, nothing has even been taken in for paint yet although I was told it would be taken care of last week. Oh the joys of being on the other side of the country....

At this point it looks like I will be taking care of everything ~a month from now when I finally get back home, stay tuned and I will get pictures posted then of the installation. I hate to do that since everybody wants to see it, but I have my hands tied by the Marine Corps right now and am still temporarily stuck.
Hey thanks for the reply. I will definitely be following this thread. Thanks for serving too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #42
lstat
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107095
What I Drive: 2013 White Focus SE w/ black pack

FF Reputation: 1 lstat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales_C View Post
Hey thanks for the reply. I will definitely be following this thread. Thanks for serving too!
No problem at all! Hope it turns out as well as I am hoping! And thanks!

The new rear bumper should be arriving tomorrow, if it does my father is going to take it all in for installation/paint. Fingers crossed all goes well!

2013 Focus se: ST front bumper, Stoffler rear bumper, custom catback, Focus E RMM, K&N CAI, SCT tune
Old 10-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #43
lstat
Focus Enthusiast

Just an update:

My rear bumper finally came in, my dad has been making calls around to local body shops back home for me for prices. Unfortunately the few he contacted (including the Ford dealership I purchased the car from) want $900+ just for paint because I didn't order the parts through that particular shop, no installation or anything. I have a few places I am going to contact tomorrow morning, I'll have this ball rolling soon enough!

And just a heads up, apparently with the rear seats folded down and the passenger seat leaned forward an entire body kit (minus boxes) will fit in the car with ease, good to know for future trips!!

2013 Focus se: ST front bumper, Stoffler rear bumper, custom catback, Focus E RMM, K&N CAI, SCT tune
Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #44
Thales_C
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119269
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Thales_C Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstat View Post
Just an update:

My rear bumper finally came in, my dad has been making calls around to local body shops back home for me for prices. Unfortunately the few he contacted (including the Ford dealership I purchased the car from) want $900+ just for paint because I didn't order the parts through that particular shop, no installation or anything. I have a few places I am going to contact tomorrow morning, I'll have this ball rolling soon enough!

And just a heads up, apparently with the rear seats folded down and the passenger seat leaned forward an entire body kit (minus boxes) will fit in the car with ease, good to know for future trips!!
So you got the entire ST body kit? I'm in touch with this Chinese vendor that sells the ST conversion bumpers, and they even have the ST exhaust, but I'm waiting before I take the plunge and purchase it. Any pictures and details from your experience will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by Thales_C; 10-23-2013 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Missing info
Old 10-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #45
lstat
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thales_C View Post
So you got the entire ST body kit? I'm in touch with this Chinese vendor that sells the ST conversion bumpers, and they even have the ST exhaust, but I'm waiting before I take the plunge and purchase it. Any pictures and details from your experience will be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
No, just the front bumper, the side skirts are the Ford look-alikes and the rear bumper was ordered from european-parts, it is the Stoffler rear. I am hoping to have everything installed next week and pictures up for everybody interested.

As for the front bumper, I do not know if it was made in China or not, I do know it was shipped and delivered from California in 4 days, though! I am sure they just order them from the manufacture in China.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #46
lstat
Focus Enthusiast

Update

I have a friend taking the car into a body shop on Monday or Tuesday to get everything installed/painted. Unfortunately I won't be able to get any install pictures, but I will get post install photos posted up! I will also be able to get my own 2 cents on the quality in T-25 days!! Almost out of the desert for a little while!

Old 10-26-2013, 01:33 AM   #47
xMarcox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105697
What I Drive: Focus mk3 2012 Sport 115 Tdci

FF Reputation: 1 xMarcox Good Standing Member
Good to hear that!
Old 10-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #48
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5Door MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Can't wait to see it together!
12 SE HB MTX, IE Tuned, Snorkel DLT, Green Filter(Gray), custom 2.5" cat-back w/borla, Steeda RSB & Short Shift Bracket, JBR Solid Shifter Bushing's, MS3 RMM w/Corksport Inserts, Ti Heads, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, De-chromed
Old 10-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #49
lstat
Focus Enthusiast

Another update!!

My friend took everything to Maaco back home, three days of labor, paint, and installation is going to run $550 before tax! Should be able to get everybody pictures by the end of this week! They said they checked out the front bumper and mounting and it is going to have no problems at all as far as mounting goes, its a direct fit!! Anybody interested in buying shouldn't have to worry about it any longer, I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Also, I am leaving my MOS school in three weeks and will be stationed ~30 minutes North of San Diego, Ca at Camp Pendleton. I hope there are a lot of you Fanatics in the local area! ;)

Oh, and in regards to the side skirts I bought; I know I am not the only one that has seen the ST replica side skirts, unfortunately they are the skirts I bought and they DO NOT FIT!!!! Don't buy them as you are looking at roughly $1200 worth the custom fab. work to get them mounted and looking stock, I am having the guys at Maaco just sand and paint my stock skirts instead and the after markets are going back.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #50
lstat
Focus Enthusiast

One last update before the unveiling

My friend is heading back to Maaco to pick up my car tomorrow, he said he is going to wash it and promptly get me photos of it, so by the end of the day tomorrow there will finally be install pictures in this thread! I called them this morning and gave my credit card info, I asked to double check and the front bumper definitely had no issues, the only thing they needed to do was a little bit of molding on the rear valance to make it look stock. All in all a total of $700 after tax isn't a bad investment at all in my book! Just making my FoFo stand out a little more than the rest!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks