Dart - Major Value Added for 2014 (Plus Standard 2.4L) - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #11
Nevin W
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98043
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Nevin W Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Well, your car isn't really kid friendly as it is Matt... lol

RIP
PNW Crew #45
2002 Sonic Blue Focus SVT Supercharged - Current
2002 Liquid Grey Metallic Wagon - For Sale/not for sale/written off/fixing and selling/I dont even know...
Nevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #12
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
THIS. It seems to me like no one is making these anymore. I WANT the base model with the ballsiest engine you have and foglights. That's it. I dont care about fancy electronics and heated 17 way pivoting massager chairs with AC dehumidifier and rear heated leather cupholders to keep your kid's mochachino's at a toasty 80 degrees.

I dunno, maybe I'm weird.
Nah, I hear 'ya. That's why I like my Mk1 so much (OK, except for the ballsiest engine). It's as simple as it can be, gets the job done with some fun thrown in, and easy to work on. Hand-crank windows and all...

My '67 Bronco fits that bill too.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #13
fiveofocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60237
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SFE

FF Reputation: 1 fiveofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
THIS. It seems to me like no one is making these anymore. I WANT the base model with the ballsiest engine you have and foglights. That's it. I dont care about fancy electronics and heated 17 way pivoting massager chairs with AC dehumidifier and rear heated leather cupholders to keep your kid's mochachino's at a toasty 80 degrees.

I'm right with ya! In my Dreams I wish we could go back to the days where you could order a stripped out car with Big Engine, Trans, Rear end and brakes cause that's all you would need! I did think it was funny though how my SRT4 had 2 options

Sunroof
Kicker Sound System

which I had both but yet Crank Windows in the rear! which is why when I saw the 2012 Focus S for the first time I laughed so hard
Old 09-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #14
calebstubstad
Chef Boyardee

Fan#: 103240
What I Drive: 2000 Atlantic Blue LX

FF Reputation: 4 calebstubstad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:

I just lost it. my room mate things i'm crazy cause of you guys
Rally Revolution #43
[HOONIGAN]
Quote:
Not the bear the zoo deserves, but the bear the zoo needs.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #15
Onlyford4me
Umm, nothing

Fan#: 3341
What I Drive: 03 Black ZX3, 09 F150

FF Reputation: 7 Onlyford4me Good Standing Member
Quote:

You're not weird. I am the EXACT same way.

"Government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem."
Old 09-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #16
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 267 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebstubstad View Post
I just lost it. my room mate things i'm crazy cause of you guys
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem

One thing I liked about the Dart when I first saw it was how the instrument cluster was all LCD and could be re-configured. This put the GPS map display right in front of the driver where it should've been all along. That's the sort of old world Chrysler design thinking that disappeared from their vehicles along with my support. It's been that way for a long time though.

Base model cars with big engines is an American tradition! Perhaps someone will pick up on that. Chevy needs to do something with the Cruze performance wise- but not to boost sales! The Cruze was jammin in July sales, and YTD has trounced the Focus thanks to the negative media campaign about the transmission and MFT. Neither are going to catch up to the Civic though because Honda builds the most awesome cars ever. The infotainment system is not programmed by Microsoft.

Source: Good Car/ Bad Car.com

What's most interesting to me is how well the Spark is doing. It's nearly caught up to the highway fearing Fiat 500 in spite of not having the Italian good looks or advertising. The Sonic has humped the Fiesta, and both will be humped by the new Fit in 2014 as Americans finally get what they want in a subcompact- and realize that just because the Versa is Japanese doesn't mean it isn't a POS. It's funny to me that CR reports only seem to matter to people when it's a domestic car that is downtrodden.

Things are looking better this year for "The General" than for Blue Oval, but don't know why. I don't see why the Sonic is more interesting than the Fiesta, but I haven't sat in the back seat of either.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 AM   #17
badazz2010focus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78166
What I Drive: 2010 ingot silver 2 dr 5 speed

FF Reputation: 7 badazz2010focus Good Standing Member
alot of humping going around.......LOL

Bookmarks & Social Networks