Upgrading my 2011 Ford Focus SES (With Pictures) - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 AM   #11
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Do not get the k&n for your car. I had one on my 10 and I was let down. I've had good luck with k&n. I've had the intake on my truck for like 6 years now but the one on my focus just didnt hold up. The plastic nipple for the pcv broke and I couldnt find the right replacement and my car never did run right after that. I switched to Fswerks and never looked back. Check out their site, you wont be let down. http://www.fswerks.com/
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #12
SixerJr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115138
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Hatchback SE

FF Reputation: 2 SixerJr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I also have a FS Werks CAI, I have am mk3 but that mod was the first mod I ever purchased from FS Werks nothing short of pleased with the quality and cool looks are always a plus, ive heard k&n is a hit or miss really depends on what car you have, for the mk3s I've heard they are mediocre at best so I can imagine them being any better for another focus I feel like k&n focuses more on the main stream stuff...like mustangs lol everyone and their mom has a k&n for their stangs
Old 12-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #13
JarodV
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118857
What I Drive: 2011 Ford Focus SES Silver

FF Reputation: 1 JarodV Good Standing Member
Thank you! I have recently plasti dipped the rims black as well as the "FOCUS" letters on the back. I plan to get my windows tinted some time soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierceintent View Post
Also would like to say your car looks really well and is the most refined of the MK2 focus generation, You really don't have to change a thing, looks really nice stock! They really pushed those cars for sales, has the SVT focus rims for crying out loud, lol.
Thank you! I have recently plasti dipped the rims black as well as the "FOCUS" letters on the back. I plan to get my windows tinted some time soon and then start on the intake and exhaust. I will be sure to keep you updated on this thread with pictures as I go! One last question. For the intake, should it be a k&n COLD AIR intake? Also for the exhaust, should it just be a new exhaust or a whole new exhaust system? Sorry for so many questions. I just wanna get this stuff done correctly before I start cruising with other focuses.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #14
Fierceintent
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117556
What I Drive: 04 infra red Svt, 03 2.3 red sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Fierceintent Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarodV View Post
Thank you! I have recently plasti dipped the rims black as well as the "FOCUS" letters on the back. I plan to get my windows tinted some time soon and then start on the intake and exhaust. I will be sure to keep you updated on this thread with pictures as I go! One last question. For the intake, should it be a k&n COLD AIR intake? Also for the exhaust, should it just be a new exhaust or a whole new exhaust system? Sorry for so many questions. I just wanna get this stuff done correctly before I start cruising with other focuses.
Oh yeah I was experimenting with plasti dip before I got my SVT. I plasti dipped the pillars of my focus because they were fading for my sedan. The SVT I need to plasti dip those weather strips on the roof. They look like crap also need to dip the antenna base and the plastic cowl below the windshield. Would like to add you can dip your rims any color you like. Just go to Dipyourcar.com They sell custom color dips. Around my area there is a vender that dips cars, would cost bout 500$ to dip my car any color I want. I'm thinking about dipping my SVT either Sunset orange or electric green with Mat black rims.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #15
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 116476
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES Sangria Red

FF Reputation: 5 SlickWilly Good Standing Member
Intake:
http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepart...cus-90p134.htm
Exhaust: (Get the Stealth)
http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepart...-3-79p2104.htm
Tuner:
http://www.c-f-m.com/performancepart...0-104p1616.htm
Old 12-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #16
JarodV
Focus Rookie

Are those the things you recommend I get? And may I ask why the stealth one? I thought that was the quietest one there..
Old 12-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #17
Mumford
Focus Addict

Fan#: 99437
What I Drive: 2009, Sangria Red, SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 Mumford Good Standing Member
Quote:
Are those the things you recommend I get? And may I ask why the stealth one? I thought that was the quietest one there..
those are not bad IMO I would get that intake only reason is the FSworks doesn't come with the bypass filter, the exhaust your right it is the quietest one I would go with the performance one from FSworks.com I've heard some cars have them and its nice an mellow till you hit the gas and it gets louder but not to ricer IMO sounds decent if your not going for all out loudness, the tuner IMO I would look into getting its not a must if you add the intake and exhaust but it will help get a little bit more power with what you got
Old 12-02-2013, 03:25 PM   #18
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Yes they are.

Stealth because AUTO's have a different tone then a manual. The RACE exhaust does not make any more power and is LOUD. I mean really loud, and there will be times that you wished you had the Stealth. I would rather wish I was louder then be louder and wish I was quiter.

Here is a vid of the Stealth more then loud enough, personally I would get the Stealth and add another resonator if it was me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e672-J9gfBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxAk21Iw6A

RACE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe8sqpuS3_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumford View Post
those are not bad IMO I would get that intake only reason is the FSworks doesn't come with the bypass filter, the exhaust your right it is the quietest one I would go with the performance one from FSworks.com I've heard some cars have them and its nice an mellow till you hit the gas and it gets louder but not to ricer IMO sounds decent if your not going for all out loudness, the tuner IMO I would look into getting its not a must if you add the intake and exhaust but it will help get a little bit more power with what you got
Neither comes with a bypass, it is a photo with one on there. I don't know where you've heard a RACE exhaust from, but I've heard one on a 2010 Coupe and it was funny to see the people pointing and laughing at how loud it was. Even my girlfriend said "Please, for the love of God, never get that exhaust". I could never imagine it on an auto.

Unless you like being that loud obnoxious pecker swinging guy, then by all means swing your 140HP nads.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #19
JarodV
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickWilly View Post
Yes they are.

Stealth because AUTO's have a different tone then a manual. The RACE exhaust does not make any more power and is LOUD. I mean really loud, and there will be times that you wished you had the Stealth. I would rather wish I was louder then be louder and wish I was quiter.

Here is a vid of the Stealth more then loud enough, personally I would get the Stealth and add another resonator if it was me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e672-J9gfBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxAk21Iw6A

RACE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe8sqpuS3_s

Neither comes with a bypass, it is a photo with one on there. I don't know where you've heard a RACE exhaust from, but I've heard one on a 2010 Coupe and it was funny to see the people pointing and laughing at how loud it was. Even my girlfriend said "Please, for the love of God, never get that exhaust". I could never imagine it on an auto.

Unless you like being that loud obnoxious pecker swinging guy, then by all means swing your 140HP nads.
Haha yeah i like the stealth better now that i have watched those. Even has a better sound while idling.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #20
SlickWilly
Focus Fanatic

Louder is not always better. People will argue till they are blue in the face that a resonator decreses horsepower, and simple fact of truth is; its not provable that it does because there is such a little decrese. I had another auto with a long tube header and only a dynomax bullet as the muffler and I will NEVER make the mistake of a loud car again. The intake would be purely for looks by the way. I run a second gen styled "Stealth" Air Box mod and I am sure that you wouldn't be able to tell by sound or power V.S. an aftermarket one. Our cars only make 140HP at the crank, they don't exact need much air, besides the fact that its suction and can only take so much air.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->