2014 Ford Focus SE - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
evilO
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 118681
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 evilO Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2014 Ford Focus SE

Wanting some quick input on this deal. A little background first:

- Use to be dual income home
- Wife is now stay at home mom
- Needing to downsize payments with cars

Trading in:

- 2009 Audi A6 3.0T (supercharged) Quattro / premium plus package / 30k miles / 20" wheels / heated seats, heated steering wheel, rear sway / tint (sometimes easier to state what it does not have - nav, rear camera, push button start)

Now for the skinny. Dealer offered 27.5 trade for the Audi. Payoff is 31,800. It is on CL but no takers as of yet. So I will have to roll over some neg equity.

If I go through with the deal, I pick it up on Monday. The car is:

- 2104 Ford Focus SE Hatch / Brilliant Black / 201A package / 17" wheels with select shift auto / Winter Package

MSRP $24,140
Invoice $22,722
Actual cost $22,800
GAP ~$300
$1k down

Qualified for 1.9 for 72 (think low monthly payment here)
Dealer throwing in 2 oil changes, and at least two tanks of gas.
I am going to ask about tint and clear bra - as either a throw in or at dealer cost.

What I would LIKE is 1-2% (which is what I almost always do) under invoice ($22,268) for the car and 28K for my trade. Doesn't look like that is happening.

Discussed 3yr lease to kill the neg equity in three years. Puts the payment at a level that wouldn't make sense. It makes more sense at that price to keep the Audi.

Two cars on standby through a friend:
2013 Sonic RS
2014 Cruze LT1 (lease - 3 year deal / 12k annual miles / neg equity gone at give back)
Both of these cars are 30 a month cheaper but the build quality isn't there. Options are, but build is NOT nor is styling (IMO).

But I digress....

So, the question is.... is this as good as it gets here in CO or should I drive over to Phil Long and suffer more brain damage?

I really feel there is another $1k in there that I could get put towards the car. Dealer still get the HB plus whatever else I don't know about. This 1k would save me about another 20 a month. I know it is not a lot, but every bit counts at the moment.

Current deal monthly payment is 390. I WANT 350.

Thanks for any input!!! If things go right, I will be a regular member of the board soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilO View Post
Wanting some quick input on this deal. A little background first:

- Use to be dual income home
- Wife is now stay at home mom
- Needing to downsize payments with cars

Trading in:

- 2009 Audi A6 3.0T (supercharged) Quattro / premium plus package / 30k miles / 20" wheels / heated seats, heated steering wheel, rear sway / tint (sometimes easier to state what it does not have - nav, rear camera, push button start)

Now for the skinny. Dealer offered 27.5 trade for the Audi. Payoff is 31,800. It is on CL but no takers as of yet. So I will have to roll over some neg equity.

If I go through with the deal, I pick it up on Monday. The car is:

- 2104 Ford Focus SE Hatch / Brilliant Black / 201A package / 17" wheels with select shift auto / Winter Package

MSRP $24,140
Invoice $22,722
Actual cost $22,800
GAP ~$300
$1k down

Qualified for 1.9 for 72 (think low monthly payment here)
Dealer throwing in 2 oil changes, and at least two tanks of gas.
I am going to ask about tint and clear bra - as either a throw in or at dealer cost.

What I would LIKE is 1-2% (which is what I almost always do) under invoice ($22,268) for the car and 28K for my trade. Doesn't look like that is happening.

Discussed 3yr lease to kill the neg equity in three years. Puts the payment at a level that wouldn't make sense. It makes more sense at that price to keep the Audi.

Two cars on standby through a friend:
2013 Sonic RS
2014 Cruze LT1 (lease - 3 year deal / 12k annual miles / neg equity gone at give back)
Both of these cars are 30 a month cheaper but the build quality isn't there. Options are, but build is NOT nor is styling (IMO).

But I digress....

So, the question is.... is this as good as it gets here in CO or should I drive over to Phil Long and suffer more brain damage?

I really feel there is another $1k in there that I could get put towards the car. Dealer still get the HB plus whatever else I don't know about. This 1k would save me about another 20 a month. I know it is not a lot, but every bit counts at the moment.

Current deal monthly payment is 390. I WANT 350.

Thanks for any input!!! If things go right, I will be a regular member of the board soon.
What dealer is quoting you these numbers? I'm actually off today but am happy to have someone else help you.
Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com
Old 09-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
evilO
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
What dealer is quoting you these numbers? I'm actually off today but am happy to have someone else help you.
One in Broomfield. Can you do better? If so, we are free the whole day. Who would I need to contact?
Old 09-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
imccrea
FF Affiliate

Should be able to, just bring in the figures from Sil-Terhar and we can see what we can do. Wildcard is your trade-in, luxury cars are tough to figure out. We can offer 6 free oil changes as long as you are not X plan.

Contact Darren Lucero, just called him. He's busy with a customer, he should be free after 12:30. 303.619.3130. We'll probably call our Audi dealer in Springs to see a buy bid but we will do our best.
Ira McCrea
Old 09-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
evilO
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Should be able to, just bring in the figures from Sil-Terhar and we can see what we can do. Wildcard is your trade-in, luxury cars are tough to figure out. We can offer 6 free oil changes as long as you are not X plan.

Contact Darren Lucero, just called him. He's busy with a customer, he should be free after 12:30. 303.619.3130. We'll probably call our Audi dealer in Springs to see a buy bid but we will do our best.
Yep. I understand the wild card. I do however have two dealerships offering me 27.5, so it wouldn't make too much sense to go lower than that... unless of course it is made up in the sale cost of the Focus.

Thanks for the help. I will call him around 12:30.

Forgot to mention, not on the X plan and the numbers as of now have been written down by me. It was the offer but before I pulled the trigger I went to see my friend at Len Lyall. After the test drives there, we are more set on the Focus.

We already ran the credit through FMC and I got approved for the 1.9 at 72.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
evilO
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Thanks Ira. We are headed out the door to meet with Darren. Hopefully the numbers work or I will have to wait until Monday and go back North for the purchase.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
evilO
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Deal is done.

2014 5-DR Hatchback SE
Tuxedo Black
Tuscany Red Leather-Trim Seats
201A Equipment Group
6 Speed Auto
17" Wheels
Winter Package
30 months worth of oil changes every 5K
~1.5% below invoice before $2k customer cash.

Ira, thanks for getting me in touch with Darren. Great buying experience even though I was very tired - had a long day on Friday.

Last edited by evilO; 09-08-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #8
imccrea
FF Affiliate

I'm glad things worked out Darren called while you were in finance to update me. Didn't even know we had one with Tuscany interior in it!
Ira McCrea
Old 09-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
evilO
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
I'm glad things worked out Darren called while you were in finance to update me. Didn't even know we had one with Tuscany interior in it!
I wasn't even aware of the different color combinations for the interior. The interior sealed the deal for me! That and Darren's no pressure approach.

Did I mention how easy finance was? Saved money there too. We will spread the word for Phil Long Ford. Unlike MedVed.... that place is horrid.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #10
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
We bought our Focus at Phil Long; great service dept too.

Bookmarks & Social Networks