Help? My Focus won't start. - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #31
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 116356
What I Drive: 1908, Black, Model T

FF Reputation: 1 FordServiceCA Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaB View Post
Hi Bianca. I really don't need a follow-up call from Nancy, as she doesn't actually do anything other than tell me what the service advisor already has.

Talked to the Service Advisor today and the ETA for my part is now Friday (So much for "hopefully Monday"). Not sure who Ford uses as a courier, but they might want to switch.

Hope they can get it fixed by Friday, as I'm going to be out of the country for a week and the car was supposed to spend the week at the dealership I purchased from to repair a paint scratch that was there when I picked up the car. Otherwise Ford will have to figure that one out because I'm not making an additional 6 hour round trip because they 1) Couldn't keep their product on the road for two weeks and 2) couldn't fix that product in another two weeks.
Hi madaB,

I understand your frustration. Have you explained this to Nancy last time you talked with her? She really is my highest point of contact, and your best resource at this point.

Let me know if you want me to set up a follow-up call.

Bianca

p: 800.565.FORD
t: @FordServiceCA @FordFocus @FordCanada
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/FordCanada
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #32
madaB
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 118060
What I Drive: '13 Titanium H/B

FF Reputation: 1 madaB Good Standing Member
Hi Bianca,

No, I didn't mention that my car needed to go to the original dealer because I last spoke to her a week ago, when the dealer was waiting on the first part that was supposed to fix the issue. I didn't bring it up because I (apparently, foolishly) assumed that it wouldn't take Ford longer to fix my car than I had been driving it. If my car isn't fixed in time, then I'll have to talk to Nancy to figure out what steps to take to get the paint repair done locally. In the meantime, however, I don't need a follow-up call as I see little she can offer me other than a two question survey.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:25 PM   #33
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 116356
What I Drive: 1908, Black, Model T

FF Reputation: 1 FordServiceCA Good Standing Member
Quote:
Hi Bianca,

No, I didn't mention that my car needed to go to the original dealer because I last spoke to her a week ago, when the dealer was waiting on the first part that was supposed to fix the issue. I didn't bring it up because I (apparently, foolishly) assumed that it wouldn't take Ford longer to fix my car than I had been driving it. If my car isn't fixed in time, then I'll have to talk to Nancy to figure out what steps to take to get the paint repair done locally. In the meantime, however, I don't need a follow-up call as I see little she can offer me other than a two question survey.
Hi madaB,

My offer to loop her in still stands. If you want a follow-up call, please PM me and I'll be happy to set that up for you.

Bianca

p: 800.565.FORD
t: @FordServiceCA @FordFocus @FordCanada
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/FordCanada
Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #34
hjordanc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95510
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 hjordanc Good Standing Member
Oh no, I hope I'm not a member of this club now.

Last night my 2012 Titanium (21k miles) had an electrical meltdown. Initially, I unlocked the car, sat down, and when I pressed the starter I got the "key not detected" message. I then tried holding the fob near the column and starting that way and still no response.

Then chaos ensued and a whole series of messages were displayed both on the dash display and on the MFT display. "Shutting down to save power", some brake fluid error, "Vehicle transport mode, contact dealer" etc. I assumed that these were the last flailings of a dying battery as soon the hazards, the power locks, the back hatch, the navigation system all stopped responding as well. An attempted jump had no results and the engine wouldn't respond at all. Disconnecting the battery and reconnecting additionally had no impact on the problems.

A call to road side assistance (they came to my driveway) resulted in a tow to the dealer. The tow was additionally problematic as without power, we were unable to take the vehicle out of park.

So now the waiting game begins - hopefully its a quick fix at the dealer (battery? hard reset on the electronics?) and not a fried board or some other part and a 10-day stay at the car hospital.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #35
madaB
Focus Enthusiast

Good luck! Hopefully it's not the same problem I'm having. I initially hoped it was the battery as well, then hoped for a quick software fix, no dice. I didn't get a bunch of warning lights going off, but I had used the remote starter, so they may have gone off while I wasn't in the car.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #36
madaB
Focus Enthusiast

D-Day today. Going to see if it's going to be fixed this week or have to wait until October. As of today the car has spent more time at the dealership getting fixed than it has in my driveway.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #37
madaB
Focus Enthusiast

No part, colour me shocked. Starting to wish I could just walk away from it.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #38
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5Door MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Damn. That's ridiculous..
12 SE HB MTX, IE Tuned, Snorkel DLT, Green Filter(Gray), custom 2.5" cat-back w/borla, Steeda RSB & Short Shift Bracket, JBR Solid Shifter Bushing's, MS3 RMM w/Corksport Inserts, Ti Heads, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, De-chromed
Old 09-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #39
madaB
Focus Enthusiast

I like the car, but I've got no faith in Ford as a company to do right by their customers. Sent out a feeler to CAMVAP, doubtful they'd be any help, but worth exploring in my opinion.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #40
Strix
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85696
What I Drive: Not a Ford

FF Reputation: 0 Strix Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
...I've got no faith in Ford as a company to do right by their customers.
ME NEITHER!!!

Don't buy a Ford Focus, folks.

You can't imagine the shabby treatment you will receive from Ford when it breaks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks