Got Rid Of the Car From Hell (Focus) - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #21
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I agree with fordnomore that when the DCT goes for a major crapper it is a serious safety issue.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using FF Mobile 4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #22
FamousMassacre
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104066
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 FamousMassacre Good Standing Member
I can't be the only one that actually knows how to drove the dct.

You can't just put it in drive and go, you have to work with it and if you need instant acceleration turn off traction control and down shift to 2nd (below 40mph) and 3rd above that. You can't really expect any car to have acceleration in 6th gear.

I'm constantly switching between D and S and even sometimes N where I'll rev to 3500 and drop it into drive.

I think the focus can get to 55ish in second which is close to a sports car.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #23
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Moved to MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Old 09-06-2013, 05:19 PM   #24
05focusST91
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83640
What I Drive: 2008 chevy cobalt SS/TC.

FF Reputation: 6 05focusST91 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST 2K5 View Post
Like Yankee announcer Michael Kay would say...... See Yeah!!
Can i like this comment? Lol everyone gets an opinion, buy dont bad mouth a company based on you're one bad experience.
Still here!

Old 09-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #25
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousMassacre View Post

You can't just put it in drive and go, you have to work with it and if you need instant acceleration turn off traction control and down shift to 2nd (below 40mph) and 3rd above that. You can't really expect any car to have acceleration in 6th gear.

I'm constantly switching between D and S and even sometimes N where I'll rev to 3500 and drop it into drive.

This is about the most nonsense BS I have ever heard.
Instant acceleration is exactly it. Taking the time to turn TC off and punching it ..... by then it isn't instant anymore.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #26
TheGlassMaker
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE

Fan#: 69510
What I Drive: 97 Impreza coupe, 04 Mazda6

FF Reputation: 13 TheGlassMaker Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordnomore View Post
We had the clutch replacement completed in June, by end of July it started to shudder (early warning signs) and the grinding returned end of August. Took it back to the dealership (for the 8th time total) and was informed that Ford has stated "this is normal" and was told that the dealership could do nothing more with the issue.

The car refused to accelerate on any inclines and would shudder as well while driving up hills. My wife was almost rear-ended in the vehicle while driving up a hill on the way to work...which was the last straw.

Traded in the car from hell last Saturday for a new Acura. I will never buy another American car again. Ford, you've lost a loyal customer of 14 years.

A couple of items to note:
If you're in the Minnesota/Twin Cities area you will likely have Cathy as your customer care service rep. She is terrible at her job. Doesn't return phone calls. Snotty when you finally do hear from her. Good luck dealing with her.

Do Not buy a Ford from Metropolitan Ford. Don't just walk, run away from this dealer.
I love all these "loyal" ford fans. That put down a entire brand over one car. Your not very "loyal" in my book.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #27
FamousMassacre
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104066
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 FamousMassacre Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gostinger View Post
This is about the most nonsense BS I have ever heard.
Instant acceleration is exactly it. Taking the time to turn TC off and punching it ..... by then it isn't instant anymore.
That's why you turn it off when you start the car...

Traction control severely limits acceleration.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #28
Etch.
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116485
What I Drive: Not a Focus anymore. Good riddance!

FF Reputation: 0 Etch. Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousMassacre View Post

So if this is the proper and intended way to drive it, show us in the manual or somewhere other then your ass where it says this is how it is intended to be operated.

Yes, this is a different trans from a typical automatic, and will have different operating characteristics. That said, the fundamental operation is still the same. You put it in drive, you hit the gas, and it goes without significant issues. A lot of these transmissions are fine and do just that. The problem is a significant number of them do have issues, and there is yet a cure all to fix them. The whole trying to pass a lot of them as normal operation because its different to dodge the issue only a bunch of bs. I'm sure there are a number of complaints due to the normal operating characteristics not being EXACTLY like a standard auto, but most of the complaints are far beyond that. Don't forget how dumb and spelled out stuff gets in the manual. If these weren't intended to be put in drive and going, it would be spelled out. You actually do see the NORMAL dct characteristics explained a lot of places, but nowhere do you see what most people complain about.

So yeah, if all that jockeying back and forth and doing neutral drops works for you, then great. Don't kid yourself thinking that is the proper and intended way to drive them and only you figured it out though.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #29
Red Jay 918
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 79277
What I Drive: 2010 Focus SE

FF Reputation: 7 Red Jay 918 Good Standing Member
thats a bit idiotic to just ban yourself from ALL American cars because of a bad experience from Ford... i mean just because it happened to that particular Ford Focus doesn't mean it'd happen to a Dodge Dart, Chevrolet Cruze, Sonic or hell even the Ford Fusion.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #30
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
you're right but then ford should step up to the plate and ** do something about it.

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->