Power door locks quit working after 2 years - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
reyshay
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118582
What I Drive: 2011 silver focus

FF Reputation: 1 reyshay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Power door locks quit working after 2 years

I would like to know how many others are having issues with their Focus power door locks. I bought my car 2 years ago and at 34,000 Kilometers I started having issues with my power door lock. One of the passenger side would not lock. They told me that it's the dust from the gravel road I drive on (30 Kilometers a week) are causing it. They cleaned it but it started doing it again a while later. Now I have 2 which won't unlock, 1 that won't lock and the driver's door only lock with the bottom inside the door. Ford refuses to do anything about it. They want $1700 to change all my door locks. I think it should be fixed for free. It's ridiculous that they should break like that because of dust. Seriously. It's a very serious safety issue. How many of you have had issues?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
CotyM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85558
What I Drive: blue, y2k, 5spd ZX3, zetec inside

FF Reputation: 3 CotyM Good Standing Member
That's a load of bull. I've never heard of power locks messing up because of dust, you'd have to have allot of it... they are solid actuators, if it's still under warrantee(dunno your local warrantee duration and how it applies to km) tell them to get their head out of their arse and fix it.
Hatch Nation #32

I'm mad! Your mad! We're all mad here!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 267 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
150k miles, 8 years, no issues.

Something is wrong with your mechanic IMO, but it could be a wiring harness problem or something of the sort. I don't think that the door lock actuators are the issue- that's the electrical part that is inside the door which actually unlocks the door.

If you would like, I can move this thread to General Technical Chat where other FF's around the world might have had your special problem and can lend some advice.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
fyrblckdragon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114727
What I Drive: 2009 Gunmetal Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 fyrblckdragon Good Standing Member
Mine just started to go, so I'm curious as well. I was going to take off the door and look at it this weekend.

Just the passenger rear door for me. I think it is an actuator problem, as the noise sounds like its failing to push the lock.

Bookmarks & Social Networks