2013 5-Speed Hatch - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #11
Etch.
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116485
What I Drive: Not a Focus anymore. Good riddance!

FF Reputation: 0 Etch. Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post
Slow down! $20,390 minus $3,500 minus $500
$16,390 is a great price!
Do your math!
...and that's full MSRP minus rebates. Should end up about $15k if not a little less unless you suck at buying cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 09:33 PM   #12
novus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 novus Good Standing Member
I bought my 2012 SEL HB with low miles for 16.5K. So there is a ton of wiggle room to be had. If you're paying for a SE for 20K. Ouch.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:23 PM   #13
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by novus View Post
I bought my 2012 SEL HB with low miles for 16.5K. So there is a ton of wiggle room to be had. If you're paying for a SE for 20K. Ouch.
Am I missing something here? The guy is paying less for a new SE than you paid for a used SEL.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #14
skepticaleye
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 102724
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE hatch

FF Reputation: 2 skepticaleye Good Standing Member
You can't go wrong with either the 2013 Focus SE hatch (manual) or the Subaru Impreza; wife and I have one of each. You can see my overlong comparison here:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...Impreza&page=3
Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #15
b1llyw
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117848
What I Drive: 2007 Jeep Commander

FF Reputation: 1 b1llyw Good Standing Member
I take my time making up my mind. I drove the car tonight. I really liked how it drove. Good power, very predictable handling, nice ride. I am really impressed by the build quality, very solid.

Sticker price $20,390. SE Hatch with Ruby Red paint, no other options. $3500 in rebates. They will sell it to me for $15,651, about $99 over invoice. My Jeep Commander that I am underwater on they will give me good money for, better than I expected. All that rebate money really helps with the negative equity. Going to give them an answer in the morning.

I think I'm taking the dive....
Old 09-16-2013, 07:36 PM   #16
1slofofo
Adam

Fan#: 92422
What I Drive: Mk3

FF Reputation: 6 1slofofo Good Standing Member
Here's how I see it, down the road, when it comes to trading in, you might think you overpaid initially and you're being even more screwed now, but if the car served you well, that's something you can't put a price on. I feel I paid a few hundred extra for mine, but I feel like I'm getting my money's worth, people say it's much nicer than they expected (interior wise) and it's been reliable since day one. Better than a car that keeps breaking, or I don't wanna have to drive (Corolla, Yaris, etc).
Old 09-17-2013, 08:32 AM   #17
flyboyike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98206
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red SE sedan

FF Reputation: 3 flyboyike Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1llyw View Post
I take my time making up my mind. I drove the car tonight. I really liked how it drove. Good power, very predictable handling, nice ride. I am really impressed by the build quality, very solid.

Sticker price $20,390. SE Hatch with Ruby Red paint, no other options. $3500 in rebates. They will sell it to me for $15,651, about $99 over invoice. My Jeep Commander that I am underwater on they will give me good money for, better than I expected. All that rebate money really helps with the negative equity. Going to give them an answer in the morning.

I think I'm taking the dive....
Best of luck, I have a 5spd 2012 sedan, love it so far.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #18
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CunFFS13 View Post
Slow down! $20,390 minus $3,500 minus $500
$16,390 is a great price!
Do your math!
i think everyone is doing the math, but why not drop another 2k from the price. 14,390 would be an awesome price. :)
Old 09-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #19
Von551
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115392
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Von551 Good Standing Member
not a great price. I got my '13 SE HB somewhat loaded with sport package, MT, and black rims for $17,300 in june. Sticker was $23,100, almost $6k off sticker! I used Truecar.com. worked like a charm. Regardless, they should give you much more off sticker than rebates, but maybe that's just in USA. This is my first Ford and I have always owned japanese brands. I have to say that the build quality of Ford is still not up to part with Toyota, Subaru or Honda. I don't even have 5k miles on it yet and already the door seals are really loud, louder than my '03 corolla. A piece broke on the bottom of back seat. passenger sun visor doesn't fold up against windshield as far as driver's. sound system is great, but doors rattle at slightest bass that a song has in it, annoying. i've had to have the alarm re-installed three times because it kept jacking up other electronics in car. I still need to have them hook up the new alarm led, old one was left, shotty alarm techs. I'll have all this fixed at the 5k mile check-in. Besides that, car handles like a champ in corners and mountains, but is really sluggish off the bottom. The clutch doesn't engage until the end of the stroke which already makes it feel slow, but then the bottom end is horrible under 3,500 rpm. A snorkel delete and K&N drop in filter helps this issue, but shouldn't be necessary to make it driveable and 'on the pipe' (it is necessary). I plan on getting an SCT tune to 'wake it up' as well as replace the rear motor mount with an E-Focus rmm and then it should be as peppy and driveable as it should've been stock. If I had to do it again I think I'd consider the new civic instead for build quailty. Even the new '14 corolla looks nice, pending reviews. I'd say wait for the end of year to make your decision. Or go with the Subi, can't beat their build quality, reliability and AWD! I had a 2001 impreza hatchback and loved it! Cheers!

Last edited by Von551; 09-18-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #20
taylorlift
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109088
What I Drive: 2013 Grey SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 taylorlift Good Standing Member
I drive a lot, I bought my 2013 SE hatch in January and have 17k on it now. 40 MPG lifetime, in Maine, on varied roads. Virtually no problems:)
Buy a 5 speed!

Bookmarks & Social Networks