Helping a friend buy a car Monday - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Helping a friend buy a car Monday

Ok so I'm helping a good friend of mine get a new car. I have told her that I will get her a good deal as I'm pretty good at buying cars. I'm going to get her a 2013 Fiesta Se. That being said, can I get an SE with actual wheels? Thats really my only concern. I freaking hate hub caps and I dont know why they bother installing them on cars any more. They suck and I plan to avoid them. Hell I even noticed that Ford is putting hubcaps on the Focus SE's. My 2010 is an SE and it has wheels. So what gives. Any pointers?

sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
It appears that the standard wheels on the 2014 Fiesta SE are 15" alloy wheels where as with the 13 you need to specify at least the 201A SE appearance package to get the alloy wheels. The 14 appearance package comes with 16" wheels as well as a 6.5" MFT screen, but the newer models cost more.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '12 Yellow Focus SE stick, 17"rims

FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
I tried to help a female friend buy a new car once. She begged me to go with her.
Problem was once we got there she got mesmerized by the cars and salesman and bought a car with no discussion and no haggle. I managed to get her attention once, but not enough to stop her from buying a stupid car she did not really want. (it was the first car the first salesman at the first showroom.. showed to her.)
Later on she was mad at me for not stopping her. i told her only a bullet in the head would have stopped her.. Or having a couple of friend kidnap her right out of the chair and haul her off to some deserted island...
Old 08-31-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
JPFocus86
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115084
What I Drive: 2005 InfraRed ZX4 ST

FF Reputation: 1 JPFocus86 Good Standing Member
Does she care if the car has hubcaps? She will save some money if she sticks with the hubcaps, you can always get wheels later

Current: InfraRed 2005 ST

SR #279
Old 08-31-2013, 09:40 AM   #5
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
She would rather have actual wheels for now and avoid hubcaps all together as getting wheels will be way down the road from her. It seems all the ones I ever see always have hubcaps but playing around on Ford.com last night I was able to see what I wanted. Add to that she wants a sedan and my job gets harder. But she will listen to me and not fall for salesman. I'm not worried about that. Just finding a decent Fiesta on the lot wont be easy. Were it me I'd just order the one I wanted.
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->