Energy Suspension Bushing set - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
joecicalese
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105573
What I Drive: 2001 Black ZTS

FF Reputation: 4 joecicalese Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Energy Suspension Bushing set

Good morning!

I just purchased the complete ES poly bushing set. I'm going to be working on putting them in over the next indeterminate amount of time. Has anyone done this that can speak for the struggles I have ahead of me? My dad has a lift which I'm thinking will definitely help. Just wanted a little input from someone with experience. Also, I already bought them, so please no "you should have bought prothane!" or anything along those lines.

Thanks!!
--Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
joecicalese
Focus Enthusiast

Anyone?
Old 08-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
qweesy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12042
What I Drive: 2004 focus Duratec 2.3 RS (DEAD)

FF Reputation: 2 qweesy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Yes check out my build thread I did all of them its not too bad just time consuming, but its worth it in the end.the biggest pain was Front LCA's grinding those rivets off and drilling through for the new Moog ball joints.

Suggestions:

use the lube like you are painting on peanut butter inside and out ("use as much as you can" bushings will last longer and wont squeak.)

you will need a press for most of the bushings.

the rear LCA's when I tried to press out the bushings it started to bend the metal so for those 4 I burnt out the rubber and used a hack saw to cut through the bushing case and then cracked it free with a chisel+hammer.

on the toe arms + camber arms take note where the bushing race is before you press them out take pictures before you do work on those the race is not exactly in the middle (so you know how far to press in the new races)

prepare to get frustrated.....walk away and come back in 20 minutes

How many miles on your car? if over 75,000 get at least the SVT suspension setup if your low on cash also when you do the bushings , do a front end refresh Moog Ball Joints/Moog Inner + Outer Tie Rods and Moog Swaybar Front endlinks

grease up ball joints and tie rods every 5000 miles and youll be good for another 100,000 miles
Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
joecicalese
Focus Enthusiast

Awesome, this is exactly the kind of deets I was looking for! I have 140K on it but will be taking my time replacing suspension parts and installing the bushings. I expect it will probably take me about a year to get it where I want it. I put new KYB shocks & struts all the way around in it without realizing how much higher it would make the car sit. Going to look to do the FR lowering kit as soon as I can gather all the parts.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:35 AM   #5
qweesy
Focus Addict

dont waste time with the FR kit I had the FR KW kit on my first focus eh it was ok but if you have the money go with Koni+Steeda springs... if you are short on cash just get the SVT kit
Old 09-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
brekkebooboo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 109524
What I Drive: 2007 with svt front & rear end

FF Reputation: 1 brekkebooboo Good Standing Member
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CN...I3833VUTM048QL

Is this what you had purchased? I'm thinking about purchasing because I have a svt subframe sitting and I wanna redo the bushing in it before I install it on my 07!

Just wanna make sure this is the right. Ill do the fronts eventually. I can't tell if this specific kit come with front and rear or one or the other.

Sent from my Glade air freshener using banana.

Old 09-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
qweesy
Focus Addict

I got the prothane full kit in red

Bookmarks & Social Networks