My First Focus - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
Trent_D
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118245
What I Drive: 2014 Sterling Grey Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Trent_D Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My First Focus

If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize and feel free to move it wherever need be. I'll probably use this as a build thread as well. Well, as the title states about 2 weeks ago I purchased my first focus. A 2014 Sterling Grey SE Sedan. So far I absolutely love it. It's way more comfortable than the previous car I owned; 88 Mustang GT Hatch - loved it but had to let it go due to having a family and all that adult responsibility stuff

I'm kind of interested in Autocross but I'm somewhat at a loss of where to begin with my car. I understand I can go stock but I'm too fond of turning a wrench.

I have some plans in the works currently:
- Eibach Sport Lines/ probably front and rear sways as well
- Tint
- Tokico blues (still debating this as well)
- Custom Stainless Steel Chrome grill
- Wheels & tires (haven't decided yet - still taking in my options and very open to suggestions)
- Steeda cold air
- FSWerks Stealth Exhaust
- A tune (I'm up in the air on this. I'm an older car guy so tunes are still very new but I'm very into reading about stuff so I'll be a subject matter expert in a couple weeks )

I'll post up some pics when I stop being so lazy and get stuff on photobucket.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #2
matmatician
Cars&Corgis

Fan#: 81361
What I Drive: A ONE COLOR FOCUS, Ducatis

FF Reputation: 4 matmatician Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Hey man, welcome to the site! I see you're a local! There are some really knowledgeable folks in the area that would be more than happy to help you out with the installs. The tune is pretty easy to install, there are a few guys around here who have them done on their ST's, and a ton who have them installed on previous models. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. You just barely missed our last event, Ocean Shores Focus Wars, but we have more coming up! Feel free to drop by our local group too, here's the link!

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7
ROTM June '13, PNW Crew #42, SR #245, Rally Rev #02
Old 08-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent_D View Post
If this is the wrong place for this, I apologize and feel free to move it wherever need be. I'll probably use this as a build thread as well. Well, as the title states about 2 weeks ago I purchased my first focus. A 2014 Sterling Grey SE Sedan. So far I absolutely love it. It's way more comfortable than the previous car I owned; 88 Mustang GT Hatch - loved it but had to let it go due to having a family and all that adult responsibility stuff

I'm kind of interested in Autocross but I'm somewhat at a loss of where to begin with my car. I understand I can go stock but I'm too fond of turning a wrench.

- Tint
- Wheels & tires (haven't decided yet - still taking in my options and very open to suggestions)
- Steeda cold air
- A tune (I'm up in the air on this. I'm an older car guy so tunes are still very new but I'm very into reading about stuff so I'll be a subject matter expert in a couple weeks )

Question, don't modifications like those void warranties? And I had heard that your car insurance does not cover auto cross type events.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
Question, don't modifications like those void warranties? And I had heard that your car insurance does not cover auto cross type events.
No, not in general. Warranties are only voided if the parts can be determined to be the a direct contributor to whatever the problem is.

OP: Congrats!!

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner
Old 08-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 5 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Congrats!
You have the best color!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Quote:

- Tint
- Steeda cold air
- A tune (I'm up in the air on this.
I'm an older car guy so tunes are still very new but I'm very into reading about stuff so I'll be a subject matter expert in a couple weeks )

welcome!

Old 08-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5Door MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
to the site!
Sounds like you have some great plans for the Focus.
Interested to see how the "Custom Stainless Steel Chrome grill" turns out..
12 SE HB MTX, IE Tuned, Snorkel DLT, Green Filter(Gray), custom 2.5" cat-back w/borla, Steeda RSB & Short Shift Bracket, JBR Solid Shifter Bushing's, MS3 RMM w/Corksport Inserts, Ti Heads, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, De-chromed
Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
Trent_D
Focus Rookie

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm extremely excited to get things started with the fofo. This weekend I'm looking at ordering the Eibach Sport Lines, so that's a huge plus for my day. Got a new shifter in today and had a couple spare minutes during work to give it a try but I'm so scared of breaking something currently... I got the knob off and the boot with it but couldn't figure out how to get the clip off from the boot to release the shift knob. I've never seen so many clips and crap holding the littlest pieces on in my whole life but I suppose I have to get use to the whole new car thing. I'll be back at it again during lunch. Hopefully I can win the battle the second time around. I swear I feel like I'm completely new at this, but I'm sure once I get use to the car and how it's made I'll be fine.

Stay tuned for more fail gents
Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 PM   #9
Trent_D
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gi_Jo_Nathan View Post
to the site!
Sounds like you have some great plans for the Focus.
Interested to see how the "Custom Stainless Steel Chrome grill" turns out..
This is the idea I'll be running with.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Ford-FO...-/181203375968

I've never bought any kind of vehicle parts or accessories from ebay and I'm not overly trusting so I'll probably just take a similar idea to a local metal worker and see what I can work out.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #10
NickCornell
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 97233
What I Drive: 2012 Race red Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 12 NickCornell Great Standing Member
Quote:

- Tint
- Steeda cold air

I would maybe stay away from
The front sway bar only because you'll negate the benefits of your RSB, thus having less body roll but still resulting in In understeer because you will not be getting as much weight transfer to your outside front wheel as you would without the FSB

Bookmarks & Social Networks