IS this a Good Deal? 2013 Focus SE New $16k - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson)

Ford Focus Purchasing Center (Ask A Ford Salesperson) Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.
Sponsored By: Phil Long Ford - Colorado's #1 Ford Dealer

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #11
5speed SE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106877
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Grey SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 5speed SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yeah, it's a great deal... buy it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #12
falcon9du5w0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108860
What I Drive: 2013, tuxedo black, focus se

FF Reputation: 1 falcon9du5w0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thats how much I paid for mine 5sp se hatch no regrets so far.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #13
snake420
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85194
What I Drive: 2012 Focus TUXBLK SE 5MT

FF Reputation: 2 snake420 Good Standing Member
I wouldn't worry about 5sp re-sale. From a dealer trade-in yeah it would suck, they don't want them. Yet in a private sale manuals do much better. A person looking for a manual has a hard time finding the right combination of equipment, condition, color, and distance from them compared to someone looking for an automatic; and will likely pay a little more to find the right one.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #14
fiveofocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 60237
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SFE

FF Reputation: 1 fiveofocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Dude thats a smoking deal from what it sounds like I work for Ford and couldn't get a deal that good unless I took all the cash rebates. I'd never get the 0 for 60 added on top of that scoop it up!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #15
BrApple
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95810
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 BrApple Good Standing Member
Sounds like a good deal to me.

But just watch out, feels like the dealer is saying you can get zero percent financing and get all of the rebates, which actually can't happen it you read up on the rebates.
- 2k Contour SVT - #2137
- 12 Impreza 2.0i Premium - CVT
Old 08-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #16
Etch.
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116485
What I Drive: Not a Focus anymore. Good riddance!

FF Reputation: 0 Etch. Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrApple View Post
Sounds like a good deal to me.

But just watch out, feels like the dealer is saying you can get zero percent financing and get all of the rebates, which actually can't happen it you read up on the rebates.
This is very true as well, however if he qualifies for 0%, the apr on the standard loans should be pretty low as well. Since he only plans on keeping the car for 2-3yrs, depending on how much if it will be financed, he'd likely be better off with the bigger rebates and standard rates in the end since it will be paid off early. Taking less money up front to get 0% for 5yrs is kind of pointless if your only going to keep it half way thru. Also gotta watch the other rebates...I've noticed some dealers will advertise prices with every rebate under the sun that will stack...like the standard ones + college grad +military + associations etc where almost no one would qualify for every last one of them.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #17
BrApple
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95810
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE HB

FF Reputation: 1 BrApple Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch. View Post
This is very true as well, however if he qualifies for 0%, the apr on the standard loans should be pretty low as well. Since he only plans on keeping the car for 2-3yrs, depending on how much if it will be financed, he'd likely be better off with the bigger rebates and standard rates in the end since it will be paid off early. Taking less money up front to get 0% for 5yrs is kind of pointless if your only going to keep it half way thru. Also gotta watch the other rebates...I've noticed some dealers will advertise prices with every rebate under the sun that will stack...like the standard ones + college grad +military + associations etc where almost no one would qualify for every last one of them.
That is exactly what I had happen at one dealer I spoke with. They stacked a number of rebates and told me that I could also get the zero % financing. The dealer that I ended up buying from told me this wasn't the case and even showed me the options they had in the computer, and that it wouldn't let them be stacked up. When I got mine the standard interest rate was either 3 or 4 %. Didn't bother me much as I only financed the minimum amount so that I could get the discount.

So in my case it was either 0% financing or getting $1500 in rebates. I think the one dealer told me close to $2500 in rebates and 0% interest.

As always, buy beware. However I do hope that this deal is legit, as it sounds like a good one.
- 2k Contour SVT - #2137
- 12 Impreza 2.0i Premium - CVT
Old 08-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #18
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoxnano View Post
Hello Everyone,

I just finished visiting Ford and I got a quote for a new 2013 Focus SE (with 300 miles) for $16,500 & 0% financing 5 years.

Details:
The 300 miles on ODO includes the dealer-transfer as it was transferred from one Ford Dealer to another.

Extras:
"Equipment Group 201A" which includes Fog Lamps, Rear Spoiler, Sirius Radio, Interior Lighting, also has Winter Package (Heat Seats, Heat Mirros), Keyless Entry Keypad, Total Options $3,230.

Base MSPR $18,200 + Options $3,230 + Destination = $22,225, less rebates = $16,500.

It is a manual transmission also. Are Focus with manual hard to sale after a couple years? I'm planning keep the car 2-3 years and sale it. Is this a good deal? Thanks.
that's a decent deal. I paid $20k for my 2012 SEL this time last year, which has leather and 10-speaker sony system, 17" wheels etc. manual transmission will be harder to sell but that's figured into your cost.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #19
GoldenHour
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103427
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black ST

FF Reputation: 3 GoldenHour Good Standing Member
I got $2k in rebates and I had a choice between that or 0% financing. I went with 4% financing but I put 11k down. i'm paying my car off after two years so actually financing cost will be about $400. so the $2k rebate was the way to go for me.

the finance guy will run the numbers for you both ways. at least he supposed to.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
$16,500 sounds like a fine deal. Sticker price on my '12 SE hatch with 203A, Sirius, moonroof, and manual trans was $20,669. I paid $17,015 after rebates, and Z-plan pricing. Like others have said, if there are no other numbers skewing the "results" there, then I think it's a helluva deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake420 View Post
I wouldn't worry about 5sp re-sale. From a dealer trade-in yeah it would suck, they don't want them. Yet in a private sale manuals do much better. A person looking for a manual has a hard time finding the right combination of equipment, condition, color, and distance from them compared to someone looking for an automatic; and will likely pay a little more to find the right one.
I 100% agree.

Tried to trade mine about a month ago on a new Traverse for the wife. dealer offered me $12,000 for it (I bought it 12mo and 24k miles ago for $17,015). He stated "If it was an automatic, I could give you another $2k for it". i politely asked to drive the DCT equipped sedan he had on his lot (that was a '13 with less than 5k miles on it). It exhibited the lunging and a hint of grinding issues that seem common. I then asked if he would pay the extra $2k for that transmission, and followed up with "Why do you think the original owner dumped it so soon". Those were both met with rather vague "backpedal quick" answers. He brought his offer up to $13,750 for mine on trade after that conversation.

I've had more than one person ask if I was willing to sell, and neither of them really balked when I asked for $15,000 sell price, basically telling me to call them when I'm ready to move on.

Bookmarks & Social Networks