Fifth's annual photoshow/mild build thread - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
_fifth_
Focus Addict

Fan#: 72683
What I Drive: oh-sicks Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 5 _fifth_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Fifth's annual photoshow/mild build thread

Hey guys! I have not had a picture thread in this area of the forums in a long long time (or so it would seem to me) so I'm gonna dump a bunch if that's cool. I got a new hood yesterday but before I get to that here's a little back story for those of you who don't remember or care to remember. If you don't feel like taking a stroll through the past couple of years feel free to scroll down to the bottom and check out the hood. It's pretty rad.

Hereeeee we go!

I got Kevat (Finnish for Spring) in January of 2010, she was bone stock. She stayed like that for what felt like 7 years, then it all started rolling:
When I brought her home I didn't know how to drive a stick. Well... I did, but not well enough to own a manual. So I hopped in the car and went to work. Also, don't judge... we're all awkward in some way.

Painted the upper and lower front grills flat black, paint matched the mirror caps, chopped the antenna off, night shaded the tails and side markers, and got a tint. These didn't all happen at the same time but for time's sake I'm just gonna lump them all into one picture. Yeah!

I also painted the rear diffuser area (someone please tell me what that is actually called...)

I don't have pictures of it, but there is also a FSWerks CAI under the hood.
I spent about 6 months restoring a set of 16" TSW Hockenheim R's and that was a terrible process. I got it all done and as a joke painted them pink. I've never been happier with that decision in my life.

Gotta rep that local Fofo group, FocusXtreme:

I somehow picked up a unpainted OEM Spoiler so I rattle canned it flat black and never looked back. I should look back though, the paints about done for but that's on the list.

At FF11:

I painted the radio bezel too, I had a thread going about this. I'm sure it's lost in the depths of the archived posts somewhere.

She sits on Eibach Pro-kit springs now One day I'm going to replace the struts too, I know I know. Also Black housing headlights because who doesn't like a girl with two black eyes?
After the drop:

The Hood! It's an Invader style CF hood. That's cool right?

Here's an awkward picture of me standing by the focus. I'm not sure if that qualifies as a "selfie" but who cares.

There's more done to the car I feel like, but I can't remember right now and I don't want to search through the depths of my overrun photobucket account to find pictures of every little step.
I know I don't have much in the way of performance mods, but that's on the list trust me. I was planning on ditching the sedan and getting an SVT but I've come to love this little thing too much to get rid of it. So the plans are, for now at least, to get some sort of exhaust next, then move onto the engine and get her going fast! That's if all holds up and I don't get fired from my two jobs.
If you have suggestions send them my way. I like ideas, especially other people's! Haha

I suppose that's the end of my little thing. Thanks for looking and sorry if my terrible commentary ruined it all for you.

The end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miragesmack View Post
Yeah, too many hatches. When the sedans take over, all will be good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
UnbridledCarnage
Rhinoliner!!!

Fan#: 66551
What I Drive: 03 Rhinoliner'd ZX3 AdvanceTrac

FF Reputation: 9 UnbridledCarnage Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
love that hood karyn! the pink wheels better never leave either!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
04ZTSJelf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100701
What I Drive: 04 D23 Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 04ZTSJelf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Looks great. Gotta love a low sedan.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
Chick

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '11 Fiesta SES, '13 Civic Si Sedan

FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing MemberChick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
The hood definitely gave it a meaner look. I like the pink wheels.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #5
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm curious what a pink wing or pink side mirrors would look like. Maybe pink checkerboard the side mirrors, sort of like a Mini.

I have the same springs on my sedan. I like 'em.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
Snyper
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96688
What I Drive: 2009 Black SE

FF Reputation: 2 Snyper Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Looks nice, love the pink wheels.
Is that a midi keyboard in the dash pic hiding on the floor?

Also love what you said..
Quote:
Also, don't judge... we're all awkward in some way.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
replica81
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88615
What I Drive: 05 ST

FF Reputation: 3 replica81 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I think I'm the only person that doesn't have a picture of myself by my car. I want to make is as awkward as possible.
SR #272
Beer and Metal.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #8
_fifth_
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbridledCarnage View Post
love that hood karyn! the pink wheels better never leave either!
Oh you know those are there for the long haul. I can't think of another set of wheels that I would love as much as these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica81 View Post
I'm curious what a pink wing or pink side mirrors would look like. Maybe pink checkerboard the side mirrors, sort of like a Mini.

I have the same springs on my sedan. I like 'em.
I actually thought about doing the mirrors since my silver is coming off already anyway! It's be hard to get them the exact same color, I'd be afraid of them being a different shade of pink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
Looks nice, love the pink wheels.
Is that a midi keyboard in the dash pic hiding on the floor?

Also love what you said..

That is indeed a midi keyboard. My boyfriend is an active dj so he plays all the music as his shows live through three of those and I'm kinda his transportation so all the keyboards, one of his computers and all his speakers pretty much live in the focus. That's actually why the car looks lower than it actually is, because of the two speakers and the sub in the trunk and back seat. I kinda like it that low though hahahah

Quote:
Old 05-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 22 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _fifth_ View Post
I'm kinda his transportation so all the keyboards, one of his computers and all his speakers pretty much live in the focus. That's actually why the car looks lower than it actually is, because of the two speakers and the sub in the trunk and back seat. I kinda like it that low though hahahah
Roadie/keyboard tech, fancy job titles for you

get motivated, touch up your areas where you say the paint is starting to look sad on. I'm sure you can find a place to match the pink for you and get them in spray cans.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #10
_fifth_
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambleon84 View Post
get motivated, touch up your areas where you say the paint is starting to look sad on. I'm sure you can find a place to match the pink for you and get them in spray cans.
I have no idea how I missed your comment! I'm actually in the process of redoing all the paint that is coming off the lower rear bumper, the front bumper, the grill, and the spoiler all with black plastidip and I'm planning on redoing the side mirrors really soon, probably going with pink to match the wheels just for the hell of it. I found the rattle can I used for the wheels so it should be the same shade of pink or at least super super close.

It's slow progress since I'm working two jobs at the moment but it should all be done in time for FocusFest!

Thanks for the comments guys!

Quote:

Bookmarks & Social Networks