Car Cleaning and Cloth Seat Cleaning - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection

Auto Washing, Detailing & Paint Protection Discuss wax, polish, chamois, microfiber towels, simple cloth towel, scratch repair and paint protection. Use this Forum to discuss your cleaning tricks and techniques.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #1
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 4 Bliky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Car Cleaning and Cloth Seat Cleaning

So this is more of a two part post.

Part one is that I have been pretty lazy with cleaning my MK3 since I got it. It's my first car so i'm learning a lot about car care. I am going to Connecticut for College this year and, unlike where I live in Jersey, there is a self serve car wash 4 minutes away and I know they have rough winters there so I really want to try and keep my car as clean as possible and be more pro-active about it. Luckily my school has parking garages so when i'm not driving it will be sitting in a covered spot. My question is what are some extra products I need to keep the car clean and waxed after using the self-serve wash. Both interior and exterior.

Part two is that I have the cloth seats in my MK3 and my girlfriend spilt salsa on one of the seats and I noticed another had a stain on it from something. What is a good product to clean them and get them back to new?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 12:57 AM   #2
calebstubstad
Chef Boyardee

Fan#: 103240
What I Drive: 2000 Atlantic Blue LX

FF Reputation: 4 calebstubstad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Spot shot is a nice product for stains, otherwise a good ole carpet cleaner with a handle attachment will do the trick.
for waxing, you really shouldn't have to rewax after every wash. when done right, it should last like 6. meaning you could once in the fall, and again in spring. maybe mid summer just to keep it all nice. though, any quick spray waxes like those from meguiars are great for in between waxes
interior, your best bet is a vacuum and I know my parents use scotch guard on the carpet/cloth, which helps alot to keep stains out. spray it on every cloth spot, even under mats and such. wipe the dash with your wipe/spray of choice.
there are a ton of posts on here about specific products and cleaning and winter protection. in fact, there's even a specific forum for all detailing things. I'd say hit that up for less generic answers
Rally Revolution #43
[HOONIGAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Not the bear the zoo deserves, but the bear the zoo needs.

Bookmarks & Social Networks