2015 Mustang Front End - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #21
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav-O-SVT View Post
Eehhhh, I have never been a mustang fan and that just looks like the same ugly stuff they have been pumping out for years....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #22
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong View Post
I'm so excited. A 2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with track-pack goodies (if they offer a package like that) may just be my next car. Debating keeping the SVT and having the Stang versus going solely with Fiesta/Focus ST.
I expect that a Focus ST will be as exciting (and desirable) as your average minivan when compared to the next gen 2.3L Mustang.

Last edited by Kabigon; 08-22-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:06 AM   #23
Darthenstein
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63587
What I Drive: 2009 Ford Focus SES

FF Reputation: 4 Darthenstein Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I expect that a Focus ST will be as exciting (and desirable) as your average minivan when compared to next gen the 2.3L Mustang.
Thank you for making my morning. Now I shall clean the coffee from my monitor

Ford: Taurus ('91, 01) Focus ('09); Mercury: Sable ('95); Dodge: Neon ('95); Trek: 1000SL ('07) Yamaha: VStar 650 ('03)
Old 08-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #24
Montag
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81977
What I Drive: 1997 Olds Cutlass Supreme

FF Reputation: 3 Montag Good Standing Member
It looks fine to me. I like the direction they're taking the mustang. We've seen enough retro styling over the past decade. It's time to move on to something interesting. Plus they're making it smaller and lighter and with independent rear suspension. What's not to like?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #25
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag View Post
It looks fine to me. I like the direction they're taking the mustang. We've seen enough retro styling over the past decade. It's time to move on to something interesting. Plus they're making it smaller and lighter and with independent rear suspension. What's not to like?
Although it's not my cup of tea, the 2015 5.0 (assuming the current 5.0 will be available) with ~400 lbs. missing is going to be a monster.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

FF Reputation: 10 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Although it's not my cup of tea, the 2015 5.0 (assuming the current 5.0 will be available) with ~400 lbs. missing is going to be a monster.
Indeed, although I'd bet the ~400lb number is with the 2.3 turbo, should be the lightest engine. Engine lineup is the 3.7L V6 and 5.0L V8, both will likely have a power bump. 2.3L Ecoboost (shared with the Focus RS) is confirmed for Europe, and 99% confirmed for the US. Sources say the 2.3 will be a cost increase over the 3.7, but some say it will have around 300 HP, others say around 350. Either way I hope it has a big enough turbo to allow the aftermarket to bump it to 400 easily. The tiny size of the ST's turbo is a huge limiting factor its ability to make big power, but it does give it that great low end torque and lack of lag. Also, rumors exist of a version of the 5.0 with 5.4L of displacement, NA, flat-plane crankshaft, 7K RPM, and 600HP, for duty in the SVT/Cobra models.

Good summary of the confirmed/unconfirmed 2015 Mustang rumors:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 73k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune
Old 08-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #27
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong View Post
Indeed, although I'd bet the ~400lb number is with the 2.3 turbo, should be the lightest engine. Engine lineup is the 3.7L V6 and 5.0L V8, both will likely have a power bump. 2.3L Ecoboost (shared with the Focus RS) is confirmed for Europe, and 99% confirmed for the US. Sources say the 2.3 will be a cost increase over the 3.7, but some say it will have around 300 HP, others say around 350. Either way I hope it has a big enough turbo to allow the aftermarket to bump it to 400 easily. The tiny size of the ST's turbo is a huge limiting factor its ability to make big power, but it does give it that great low end torque and lack of lag. Also, rumors exist of a version of the 5.0 with 5.4L of displacement, NA, flat-plane crankshaft, 7K RPM, and 600HP, for duty in the SVT/Cobra models.
This could be my second 2.3L turbo Mustang (I bought one new in '84).

2.3L turbo, RWD, independent suspension, lighter, smaller... Oh yeah...
Old 08-23-2013, 06:36 AM   #28
RedDogAB
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107829
What I Drive: 2007, Silver, ZX5 SES - modified

FF Reputation: 1 RedDogAB Good Standing Member
I'm impressed with what I've seen in Car and Driver if it's to be anywhere close to that. The nostalgia era thing has been been nice but it's time to move on. It's not my kind of car anyway and if it was I'd get a white "Vanishing Point" Challenger instead.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #29
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
I've been thinking about replacing my focus next spring with a Wrangler. Totally different, but I like the capability it will have, I'd like to do some beach off-roading, snow would be laughed at, pot holes would be undamaging and I can put the top down in the summer. I've always been a Mustang and a car guy though, I like driving, I like sports cars, but the roads around here are terrible and being in the northeast the weather isn't the best. I don't want to have a prized fun car and watch it get destroyed by the elements.

But...if this Mustang, looks amazing, and the rumors are true about the smaller body and lighter weight, it might be hard to pass up. Like I said, Im a Mustang guy, and I wouldnt mind staying with Ford, I might just suck it up and pull the trigger on one. And I think a 50th Anniversary Mustang would be a nice next car for a guy who has always wanted a Mustang and is starting a new chapter in his life. We shall see.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 PM   #30
Gi_Jo_Nathan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98931
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue 5Door MTX

FF Reputation: 3 Gi_Jo_Nathan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
I've been thinking about replacing my focus next spring with a Wrangler...
Assuming your ZX3 is paid for, would parking be the reason for not keeping it and getting a Jeep?
12 SE HB MTX, IE Tuned, Snorkel DLT, Green Filter(Gray), custom 2.5" cat-back w/borla, Steeda RSB & Short Shift Bracket, JBR Solid Shifter Bushing's, MS3 RMM w/Corksport Inserts, Ti Heads, Redline Tuning Hood Struts, De-chromed

Bookmarks & Social Networks