Where's the originality? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
azdamay
Titular Wit Here

Fan#: 27396
What I Drive: 2004 GTO, 1986 Civic Si, 2010 TC

FF Reputation: 8 azdamay Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Guy, no offense but there are lots of people driving "cookie cutter" cars who have "big plans" that ultimately go nowhere. As someone who used to own an SVT Focus it really irks me when people put that name on something that it didn't originally go on.

And even if you are fabricating parts yourself, virtually everything is something that someone else has tried before. I like to go to the Billetproof car show, which is a pre-1964 traditional customs and hot rod show. There's LOADS of cars where the work is custom... but the end result is the same thing you've seen before again and again. At this point cars and the hobby of modifying them have been around so long there really isn't much you can do that is completely 100% original.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #12
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93835
What I Drive: 2010 Focus Se 1998 Ford F150

Points 2,401, Level 29
Points: 2,401, Level: 29 Points: 2,401, Level: 29 Points: 2,401, Level: 29
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 2 2010SVT Good Standing Member
And once again I'm aware that its damn near impossible to be "Unique". But it seems that some people want to force their opinions upon others and tell them you should mod your car this way. Ultimately it is about expressions ones self, I truly believe that a car speaks loads of an individuals personality. Some of the most unique vehicles I end up seeing are alot of the bagged full sizes and rat rods usually end up being something different. But it is hard as hell to be unique, unless you have jay lenos tank rod, and even then I think they have made a few of those. I'm aware also once again that on this site in particular I will probably never stand out. There are just so many great cars here, but in my area and once again the starting point of my talk is that I am being unique right from the get go for modding a focus. Cant tell you how many times I hear, Is that a focus? Or what is this?
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
"always remember you are unique, just like everyone else"

I understand the desire to be unique. But a bunch of fswerks bolt ons and calling it an svt does not make you unique, it makes you a poser.

If you want to see unique, look through the autofails thread. IMHO, often unique and poser go hand in hand.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #14
mikebontoft
Aurelius Pardus

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

Points 23,538, Level 94
Points: 23,538, Level: 94 Points: 23,538, Level: 94 Points: 23,538, Level: 94
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I'm building a V8 sedan... yeah there's a lot of sweet V8 foci out there, but I'm pretty sure it's the only sedan.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parted) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (racecar) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (daily).
ModeratingGeneral Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 08-14-2013, 04:13 PM   #15
Svizzara
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98554
What I Drive: '01 SPI Sedan

Points 401, Level 8
Points: 401, Level: 8 Points: 401, Level: 8 Points: 401, Level: 8
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Svizzara Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
the dents and rattle can cover up job on my car are one of a kind, that's for sure!!

on a more serious note, I think my wheels are too... not a whole lotta gold Pro Race 3s out there

IMO, "originality" is hard to achieve because using common bolt-on mods is easier, cheaper, and less intimidating than custom fabrication... it's just an easier pathway to take which still produces solid results. it's comforting to know that parts have been engineered to work on your particular car and others on the forums have experience with them - there's a wealth of knowledge here.

An SVT with a JRSC kit, full bolt-ons, and sticky tires might be a bit unoriginal in terms of parts selection, but the end result isn't exactly something to sneeze at. maybe it can't compare with a custom built, one off track monster, but it's still an effective package
Old 08-14-2013, 09:10 PM   #16
elsolo
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96835
What I Drive: 2003 dark shadow grey metallic ZX3

Points 2,526, Level 30
Points: 2,526, Level: 30 Points: 2,526, Level: 30 Points: 2,526, Level: 30
Level Up 51% Completed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Forum Activity 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%
FF Reputation: 17 elsolo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
One thing I thing would be neat, hasn't been done, might actually look cool:

Treating a second generation Focus like a miniature 49 Mercury: chop, channel, and section the body, fill in all the trim, shave the handles, suicide the rear doors, mount the 4cyl longitudinally and put an IRS out back, bench seat in the front.

But the time, labor, and parts investment would be the same if starting with a 49 Mercury. The big difference is the Merc could be sold for $100k when finished and the Focus wouldn't be worth the cost of the paintjob it wears.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #17
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Points 2,401, Level 29
Level Up 68% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsolo View Post
One thing I thing would be neat, hasn't been done, might actually look cool:

Treating a second generation Focus like a miniature 49 Mercury: chop, channel, and section the body, fill in all the trim, shave the handles, suicide the rear doors, mount the 4cyl longitudinally and put an IRS out back, bench seat in the front.

But the time, labor, and parts investment would be the same if starting with a 49 Mercury. The big difference is the Merc could be sold for $100k when finished and the Focus wouldn't be worth the cost of the paintjob it wears.
This guy here gets it lol. I mean, if you have the fabrication skills and the equipment or a place to do it at hell go for it anything is possible. If you dont have that well an endless supply of money gets you there too lol
sedan revolution #215 2010 SE Sedan, SES conversion front and rear, Ksport coilovers, Fswerks CAI, 93 tune, Race header and flex pipe, stealth exhaust, upper front stress bar and engine cover.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #18
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Points 2,401, Level 29
Level Up 68% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
I'm building a V8 sedan... yeah there's a lot of sweet V8 foci out there, but I'm pretty sure it's the only sedan.
No doubt what you have is pretty cool. Everyone does the v8 swaps in the hatches. I saw a terminator powered hatch making its way around the interwebs the other day. Now that thing is sick. Gets me to thinking, If money werent an option a coyote swap in an mk2 car. Hell yeah. That would be sick
Old 08-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #19
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

Points 18,426, Level 86
Points: 18,426, Level: 86 Points: 18,426, Level: 86 Points: 18,426, Level: 86
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 49 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SVT View Post
But it seems that some people want to force their opinions upon others and tell them you should mod your car this way. Ultimately it is about expressions ones self, I truly believe that a car speaks loads of an individuals personality.

And what did you just do by posting this thread?

I may be mistaken but, if that is what you believe you can not question anyone's motives without questioning your own (or me questioning yours).
Old 08-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #20
2010SVT
Focus Addict

Points 2,401, Level 29
Level Up 68% Completed
Forum Activity 4%
I'm not trying to force anything upon anyone lol. Just trying to get out there that its not cool for people to tell everyone that their car should be built like car A. But rather think outside the box and give it a whirl. Does my car piss off people? Yeah. So what. I dont care. I have built it and continue to do so in what is my style. As long as quality parts and quality work is put into a build I think it should be respected. A car bought with ebay shit thats poorly installed, yeah I agree. That dont need to fly.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.