SUPERCharge Options! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-13-2013, 04:05 PM   #1
Leviticus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106557
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Leviticus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
SUPERCharge Options!

Hey Guys,
I've been doing some mods to my focus zx3 for the past year, Short shifter, catback exhaust, CAI, shorty Headers; Just the basics. I've been really contemplating leaving it as is, but as usual, want more power. Looked online found that only way to get some serious power is forced induction.
With that said, Seems like supercharging might be the easiest and most cost effective way. Turbo charging sounds good but, all of the kits out there are pretty expensive. I need helping finding a complete supercharging kit that I can bolt on for under $2K, PLEASE ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME. I don't want to buy something only to find out that the fitment of my car isn't right for the kit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
You can sometimes find a Jackson racing super charger or a pro-charger for about 1.5 to 2K. however you usually still need injectors and tuning which will set you back another $600 for tune, $200-$400 for injectors.

You can also find use turbo kits for about the same price. sometimes just harder to find.

$2k is going to be a hard budget to have a FULL all encompassing kit.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 08-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #3
macdiesel
I used to drive this

Fan#: 31579
What I Drive: 2010 mazdaspeed3

FF Reputation: 21 macdiesel Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
There is a Jackson SC for sale right now in he for sale section.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
Leviticus
Focus Rookie

That Jackson SC really did spark my interest, im only scared that the bracket he has won't fit my car. Still have a lot of studying to do on it. Im really inclined to get a blower in the next couple months, so im trying to decide the best kit for my car
Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
Leviticus
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus2727 View Post
You can sometimes find a Jackson racing super charger or a pro-charger for about 1.5 to 2K. however you usually still need injectors and tuning which will set you back another $600 for tune, $200-$400 for injectors.

You can also find use turbo kits for about the same price. sometimes just harder to find.

$2k is going to be a hard budget to have a FULL all encompassing kit.

I've been looking at the procharger kit, and it seems like it's gotten some pretty good reviews, but I guess I will need to get a bigger budget if I want something worth while
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
blanezx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 764
What I Drive: 03 twi-blue zx3

FF Reputation: 5 blanezx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviticus View Post
I've been looking at the procharger kit, and it seems like it's gotten some pretty good reviews, but I guess I will need to get a bigger budget if I want something worth while

Any FI kit is going to cost more than 2k if you include all of the "extras" to make it worthwhile. Tuning, torsen, clutch, flywheel, bolts, t-clamps, new silicone couplers (if needed), thermostat, fluids, tools you don't have, etc all come to quite a chunk of change.

I bought my procharger for $1700 from a member on here. After all of the above, plus a few more little things (engine mounts), I've got right at $5k in it... and I haven't started the rebuild yet.

FR stg 2 cams, UR cam gears, FC 65mm TB, ported 2k manifold, 50lb injectors, FC race header, Bosal flex, Borla catback, Zex, Procharger, Xcal2
Old 08-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
blanezx3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 764
What I Drive: 03 twi-blue zx3

FF Reputation: 5 blanezx3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
What are your goals for the car?

FR stg 2 cams, UR cam gears, FC 65mm TB, ported 2k manifold, 50lb injectors, FC race header, Bosal flex, Borla catback, Zex, Procharger, Xcal2
Old 08-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #8
Leviticus
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanezx3 View Post
What are your goals for the car?
Ok, looks like I got work cut out for my self. Goals of the car are to have pretty decent power to the wheels. Just enough to have fun at the track but reliable enough to have as my daily driver. I'll be taking long road trips on the car. I've been at the cross roads to put a blower on it for a while now. Should I just get a lightweight flywheel, stage two clutch and focus on the smaller mods. Or should I just go with the flywheel and clutch, and then go with a blower to make all of the mods work together. But it seems like I will have to go through it piece by piece if I want to go with forced induction, sounds like I gotta build the rest of the car to it to support the added power.
Nonetheless I'm really happy with my focus, fun to drive, and always enjoy surprising people with how much power the little things pack
Old 08-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
Magus2727
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 Malibu Blue ZX3

FF Reputation: 9 Magus2727 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The best thing I can say is to start track driving your car as it is now. You will learn the lines, the track and how your car behaves. then start adding suspension and power and you want / have money. A good driver who knows the track can be faster and have more fun then someone with 1000000HP that parks in the corners and mashes it in the straights.

Thats why Spec classes can be so much fun and very competitive. Spec Miata is one of those. all the cars very in power by a few HP's its the drivers that make it different.
Hatch Nation #42

Going through Rebuild See "The TICK Build Thread" for details (http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289168&referrerid=62897)
Old 08-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Moved to "General Forced Induction".

Bookmarks & Social Networks