Exotic Blueberry..... - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #41
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 9 Arco-Zakus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Presumption of innocence does not prevent legal costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHumbleGeek View Post
Lol heres the twist tho, as an anti-carjacking mechanism, its perfectly legal so long as the carjacker is threatening you with something potentially life-threatening, you could actually use thia as a self defence tool.

Sent from SGH-I747M Via FF Mobile, Care of CSIS ;-)
There was a famous case in the news last year that proved that claiming "self defense" does not prevent your life from being turned upside-down. (I won't mention here to avoid crossing the line into political discussion, but you know what I mean.) Besides defending yourself from the initial crime, you could still be prosecuted and have to defend yourself a second time -- in court. Limiting your action in the first case to only taking pictures avoids that kind of problem. Video of that case could have proved the defendant's innocence. Or his guilt.

Where I live (California) and some other states it is illegal to record audio of conversations unless you have the permission of everyone who was recorded. (I'm not sure, but I think just making the recording is illegal, not only divulging it afterwards.) I'm no lawyer, but I would think twice about just knocking someone out around here, let alone puttin' them on the "barbie". I was just joking about the laser thing. It's also a much different experience to see even a "bad guy" die right in front of you than it is in a video game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogey View Post
Information or data is never really erased, its just marked by the computer as available for use. So the files that are erased are always still there unless your computer over writes the file with another, or partially overwrites then you get a miss mash of information on the same space.
Exactly. If someone thought they were "erasing" video of themselves doing something wrong they they might get a surprise if they don't use a secure "shredder".

One of the first entrepreneurs to strike it rich when the PC boom began was Peter Norton, who discovered that accidentally and created a product that took advantage of it -- unerase. The "Norton Utilities" suite he developed sold like crazy. He sold his company for millions (back when a million was a lot) to Symantec, which is still around today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #42
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105071
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE

FF Reputation: 1 TheHumbleGeek Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
There was a famous case in the news last year that proved that claiming "self defense" does not prevent your life from being turned upside-down. (I won't mention here to avoid crossing the line into political discussion, but you know what I mean.) Besides defending yourself from the initial crime, you could still be prosecuted and have to defend yourself a second time -- in court. Limiting your action in the first case to only taking pictures avoids that kind of problem. Video of that case could have proved the defendant's innocence. Or his guilt... I'm no lawyer, but I would think twice about just knocking someone out around here, let alone puttin' them on the "barbie". I was just joking about the laser thing. It's also a much different experience to see even a "bad guy" die right in front of you than it is in a video game.
You are right, in a sense... Also keep in mind that courts look differently on "standing your ground" versus "defense of self"... And yes, criminal courts will look at it differently than civil courts. I would never willingly kill someone, but that also doesnt mean that im just going to stand aside and let them take it either... If defending one's self from some crazy-ass asailant holding a knife means that you open yourself up to civil lawsuits, then the system is way beyond broken. Anyways, back to my car....

Next mod, involves lamin-x ;-)

Sent from SGH-I747M Via FF Mobile, Care of CSIS ;-)
Gone but not Forgotten:
1992 Beige Dodge Spirit SE
Old 10-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #43
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Enthusiast

Lamin-x, Part 1

AwwwYEA!

So, like i said, this round of mods involve lamin-x...

When i did the vinyl on my grill, i sadly discovered that my passenger side foglight had taken a rock right in the lens (but didn't break the bulb), and was needing replacement. Courtesy of a friend (Thanks @Twenty!) i was able to get a replacement and get it fixed, but it got me thinking about protection. I did some research as i wanted something to both protect the light and enhance the colour scheme of the car. I had heard about lamin-x before, but no matter how hard i looked i couldn't find out if the blue tint actually affected light output, aside from the lamin-x claims that its "optically clear" and truthfully, I really didn't want to be replacing lights every six months, especially at the prices ford charges. I finally decided to bite the bullet and picked up some of the lamin-x.

Install was easy, tho, I do recommend use of a heat gun or something else that can dispense a fair bit of HOT air to heat the lamin-x so it is easier to work with. Once both lights were complete, i was alittle surprised to find out that while it looks the same when you are looking into the light, on the ground the colour is noticably less yellow and more white. Not "HID" blue-white, but not quite "cool white" either. I like it!
ANYWAYS, PICS!!

Foglights:

Both lights done:

Lights on:

Ill grab a picture tonight of the lights on so you can see the difference between the uncovered headlights and covered foglights, it is noticeable, but only minimally reduces output.
Gone but not Forgotten:

Last edited by TheHumbleGeek; 02-22-2014 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Moved pics to Dropbox
Old 10-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #44
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Enthusiast

Lamin-x Part 2

Okay, right from the day i bought the car, i knew i wanted to do something with the taillights. I was originally thinking of just blacking them out completely, but now that i am carrying the blue from the interior out to the exterior of the car, I've decided to try something alittle different.

I removed my trunk light light assemblies and got to work covering them with the blue lamin-x I used on my foglights.

This is them after I got them reinstalled:

This shows the before/after change pretty much perfectly.

I continued on, removing my outer taillights:

and getting them covered:

Matching Set:

Finally getting them reinstalled made me really happy!

And for those wondering, Nope, doesn't yet seem to be any difference in light output, tho, it hasn't got dark yet....
But, heres a pic with the reverse lights on:

OH, and a video showing the turn signals showing through the vinyl!
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Gone but not Forgotten:

Last edited by TheHumbleGeek; 02-22-2014 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Images moved to Dropbox
Old 02-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #45
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Enthusiast

I can't believe I totally spaced on the pics showing the colour change in the lights

Anyways, Halfway complete, lights still kinda yellowish:

Fully complete:

So, its more blue, but output is not affected as far as can be seen.

WoW, my apologies everyone, I knew I was work-busy, but I didn't realize it had been that long.
Gone but not Forgotten:
Old 04-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #46
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Enthusiast

More Lamin-X!

Okay, so, there really wasn't much happening with the car, as I have recently adopted a domestic medium hair dilute torti named Allspice, and well, kittens are expensive... Good thing she's cute!

Anyways, I finally had both time and money, and was able to pick up 2 yards of charcoal lamin-x and I went to town on my taillights. When all was said and done, this is what I had.

Now, to kill comments before they start, in my province, taillight tint IS NOT illegal in and of itself. If it reduces visibility in the taillights past the allowed minimum, then they become illegal, but can be fixed with brighter bulbs.
Taillights illuminated:

Stop lamps:

3rd Brake:

All Lights:

Now, the only pieces left are the rear reflectors, but as they are sitting beside me on the desk, they will be covered by tonight. Recently, I've also picked up a shorty antenna from eglove, because, well, Not-An-RC-Car....
Gone but not Forgotten:

Last edited by TheHumbleGeek; 04-02-2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Dropbox Issues....
Old 04-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #47
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Enthusiast

More Lamin-X! Part 2

With the taillights dealt with, My attention turned to the ugly white mirror mounted turn signal. With a swipe of the magic lamin-x wand, it turned black!

With all of those little pieces taken care of, the exterior of the car is really starting to feel complete. Only a couple things still sticking out, everything looking alot more unified and generally smoother to the eye. It's making me happy!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Now, with the exterior pretty much finished for the time being, my attention turned to the interior. Right from the Get-go, i've not been happy about bright red reflectors placed on black door panels. So they got the charcoal lamin-x treatment:

Compared to untinted:

Reflecting comparison:

I havent had a chance to grab any pics of the full door panels yet, but they will be the next post!
Gone but not Forgotten:

Last edited by TheHumbleGeek; 04-02-2014 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Added Youtube Video
Old 04-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #48
Willbo
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 95903
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey 5-door Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Willbo Good Standing Member
Very cool
Old 04-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #49
Bogey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104241
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 Bogey Good Standing Member
Looks great humble! Where did you pick up the lamin-x in Calgary? And how much was it?
Old 04-03-2014, 02:32 AM   #50
TheHumbleGeek
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks!

Picked it up from Victory Vinyl just off barlow, and i believe it was like 60 for 6ft of the charcoal and 27 for 3ft of the blue... Ill have to grab alittle more of the charcoal as i ran out while doing my rear reflectors...
Gone but not Forgotten:

Bookmarks & Social Networks