MYFord Touch v3.6 is out! - Page 9 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #81
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

Points 1,369, Level 20
Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20 Points: 1,369, Level: 20
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The Text to speech message alert works now. Not sure about phone text to speech ringer.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #82
javageek
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114482
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Ti

FF Reputation: 1 javageek Good Standing Member
I think I was expecting a little more because I am new to the Focus and I trusted my dealer when he told me how amazing the MFT was. I am quite happy with what they did with this release to fix the little bugs that were in it.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #83
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
Advanced mode turned the help screen off for me

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Yours went off in advanced mode? My first orders of business last night after installing were to turn auto phonebook download off and switch back to advanced mode for voice (those are the first two things I do after every install). I was still getting that goofy screen this morning with every voice command I issued.

Haven't had a lot of time to play around yet but noticed:

- in 3-D view mode, map zooming out one increment when switching from light to dark mode (or vice versa) bug still not fixed

- street name still not showing up in the nav tab when switching from nav screen to one of the other three category screens bug still not fixed

- when issuing a "Play" command with out saying "song", "album", "artist" after it and giving it a title that is the name of both a song and an album it tells you that it found both and asks which one you want instead of saying "Please choose" and then telling you or showing you nothing to choose between so that one is fixed

- when telling it to play a song and there are mulitple versions of that song title by different artists it actually asks which one you really want again instead of just playing the version from the artist that comes first alphabetically so that one is fixed

- nav still just as laggy and map still gets dragged down to an almost complete standstill when it is processing a voice command/looking for a song in your library so that is still just as bad

After I installed last night I plugged my media back in and it started indexing. While I was digging through settings to see if I could find anything new it finished indexing and started building voice commands (or "building commands" I guess is the new terminology). I had stuff to do so I had to shut down before the commands were built but when I started up this morning it had to go through the entire indexing process again. I checked to make sure it didn't reboot last night and it didn't. I hope this doesn't mean that the "random indexing for no reason" thing was not fixed.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #84
dervari
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113761
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 dervari Good Standing Member
I did notice that my voice tags for Nav Favorites were gone. It was strange. I tried using the voice tags and none would work. I tried "Navigation Destination Favorite" and it said that the list was empty. Huh? So I went in to edit one and saw that the voice tag was disabled. I enabled them on the favorites and now everything appears to be working ok.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #85
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
An update:

Found the calendar is still there (thanks to the other poster who reminded me to actually look for it.) It's still just as completely useless as it was before. (Hey Ford, why not yank that silly calendar and put back the ability to program the "1" and "2" steering wheel buttons?)

It still seems to want to reindex my iPod (5th gen) pretty frequently. Reindexed after the update yesterday early afternoon, then again when I drove home from work last night, and again this morning on my way into work. (I let it finish indexing before turning off the car, and the iPod is almost never unplugged.) I'll switch to my other 5th gen iPod tomorrow to see if there's any difference.

If you put the car into park, you can edit the canned text messages. I've gone in and edited the "one word" messages to include a period (or ellipses) followed by two spaces. That makes the addition of "this sms sent from my ford" less confusing. There also appears to be some mechanism to update the list of canned SMS messages from the USB stick, but I haven't figured out how that should work.

A question: Does anyone know how to create a NEW sms message with voice commands? I don't want to forward or reply, but start a new thread. For example, something as simple as "send message to my wife on cell" (assuming "my wife" was in my phonebook.)

Take care
Gary
Old 08-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #86
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yours went off in advanced mode?
Yes, double checked this morning.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #87
brochado
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116776
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ti Sedan

Points 412, Level 8
Points: 412, Level: 8 Points: 412, Level: 8 Points: 412, Level: 8
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 brochado Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
started building voice commands (or "building commands"
What do you mean? Is this something for nav?

thanks
Old 08-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #88
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by brochado View Post
What do you mean? Is this something for nav?

thanks
No, it is part of the media commands. For your media device it has to index the device and then build voice commands for the stuff on there. Usually you see messages in the ent tab. The first is "Indexing" and when that is complete it goes (or went) into "Building Voice Commands". Now it no longer shows the latter and simply says "Building Commands" instead. Same thing just different phrasing (when I first got my car it used to say "Building Media Commands").

Regardless of how it phrases it, until these processes are complete you cannot issue voice commands for music. You have to manually browse using the screen to change music.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #89
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
I have found my first new bug, but thankfully its a relatively minor (although repeatable).

While on the home screen, if I switch from a preset HD FM station with track data to to a preset HD FM station without track data the old track data remains. I'm not sure how many markets have HD stations without track data so I'm not sure how many people will actually experience this bug.

Note that on the entertainment screen everything works properly, the bug is just on the (new) homescreen.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #90
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,948, Level 33
Points: 2,948, Level: 33 Points: 2,948, Level: 33 Points: 2,948, Level: 33
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EggYolkBill View Post
The goals of a minor release are to enhance or resolve existing features or issues. This release has done exactly that.

So, this update has restored my faith in the MFT system and now it is up to Ford to prove their commitment to the platform.

I agree - very happy with the update thus far.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.