MYFord Touch v3.6 is out! - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #71
Jonesy16
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 108454
What I Drive: 2013 PB Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 Jonesy16 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I don't suppose they plan to add AppLink support ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #72
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98655
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 Shantheman2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
I'm going to give this a go this afternoon. What's interesting is the Bluetooth connection on 3.5.1 had just started giving me guff, so I reversed paired and all of a sudden I was getting song title info (although minus artist) from slacker.

I'm kinda disappointed though that the layout is the same. Someone posted a mockup from another site that showed a much more logical layout with Bluetooth and usb on the same page and the radio on the right.

I also will try but not hold my breath that my zunehd will work again, unless it wipes the hard drive and starts over fresh. Seriously I don't know why that's not an option.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Let me know if your zuneHD works again. It's the only reason I keep it around and it hasn't worked recently with MFT. Been streaming over my Galaxy Note2 instead.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #73
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantheman2012 View Post
Let me know if your zuneHD works again. It's the only reason I keep it around and it hasn't worked recently with MFT. Been streaming over my Galaxy Note2 instead.
I connected it, it recognized it as Microsoft zune (usually it's just subjected to an error message about not being recognized) and started indexing. I only stuck around 10 minutes for that so I didn't have but one song play. Then, I turned off the car, brought it into the house to load with newer music. I'll let it index on the way to work tomorrow and hopefully it will be as it was.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile 4
Old 08-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #74
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
For another month anyway. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.

Can't wait! Best smartphone I've had. And I've had nearly all of them.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #75
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
I connected it, it recognized it as Microsoft zune (usually it's just subjected to an error message about not being recognized) and started indexing. I only stuck around 10 minutes for that so I didn't have but one song play. Then, I turned off the car, brought it into the house to load with newer music. I'll let it index on the way to work tomorrow and hopefully it will be as it was.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile 4
Sweet...I'll give it a shot.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #76
CDNFocusFan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99542
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CDNFocusFan Good Standing Member
Well as others have posted, the update went flawlessly for me.

Total time was about 28 minutes to update.

The download from support.ford.com hung at 38% for quite some time but downloaded successfully on the first try.

The screen went to black many times, and one particular install (I believe it was 3 of 9) took the most time (about 12-14 minutes on the same progress screen)

My impressions:

- Nav continues to work properly, I haven't had any issues as others have indicated.
- Calendar is still there (Someone posted they didn't see it)
- Nothing was reset for me except the wallpaper, I had to re-add them but the process for re-adding them has been improved significantly (just click them once and they add instead of going through each individually). All my radio, sirius, and satnav favorites were preserved.
- You now see the song and artist on the home screen which is nice
- Responsiveness has improved noticeably, but it isn't on an iPad level of snappiness. Still it is better than before.
- I can still receive and have sync texts on my iPhone 5 but still cannot reply

The only problem I experienced was reporting the update on the sync website. I had to clear my cache and history before it would let me.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #77
symbology
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94555
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL HB 301A Mtl.Blk

FF Reputation: 1 symbology Good Standing Member
Tried updating, stuck at 6 of 9, then 7 of 9. Total time was over an hour and a half before I cut it short.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:49 AM   #78
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Ok...got update downloaded to USB...inserted it with car running and it started updating. Took maybe 10 min...a few reboots...and it said it was done.

Prob is...nothing appears to have changed. I'm doing a mater reset now.

Can anyone tell me where we can find the current installed software version? I looked everywhere...to no avail.

Edit: did reset...still same. Still have 3 little led lights for Bluetooth audio...not able to enter in wifi password (keyboard is grayed out)...seems it didnt update.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #79
javageek
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114482
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Ti

FF Reputation: 1 javageek Good Standing Member
I did this update yesterday on my Ti. All my disappointments with the MFT are now gone! Well, there are still things on my wishlist like the Applink function that the dealer stated was there and I could play around with it when I got home . As I was saying, I performed the update and like everyone else it took about 30 minutes. I did not stay in my vehicle so I really can't say the exact duration. After the update complete notice was displayed my wallpaper was gone, my bluetooth connections were gone, along with the wifi settings. I connected my Galaxy S4 and after importing the phone book and trying to test the text messaging, I was informed my phone did not have that capability. I decided to do a master reset, resynced my phone, now the text messaging and everything works as advertised. I would like to see some sort of calendar sync implemented, preferably with Google Calendar, something to make that feature actually useful. Other than that everything is functioning flawlessly so far.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #80
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I am not quite sure why some people expected any major features to be added in a minor software release. 3.5 to 3.6 is a minor release. 3.x to 4.x would be major.

The goals of a minor release are to enhance or resolve existing features or issues. This release has done exactly that.

I imagine the next update may be a major release and may include the missing AppLink feature many are hoping for. Even though I don't really have a need for AppLink, it sounds like a cool feature and something I would be likely to try.

So, this update has restored my faith in the MFT system and now it is up to Ford to prove their commitment to the platform.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using FF Mobile 4

Bookmarks & Social Networks