MYFord Touch v3.6 is out! - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #61
dervari
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113761
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 dervari Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I hate that the backup camera turns off instantly when you put it into drive. I liked it staying on until you hit 5mpg or so since I back into my drive and pull into the garage. It helped me see that I had pulled in far enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #62
Etch.
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116485
What I Drive: Not a Focus anymore. Good riddance!

FF Reputation: 0 Etch. Newbie
Just had the first big hiccup with the new version. Shut down the car, opened the door, radio was still on instead of turning off with the door opening. It did shut off once closed.....then that was it. No more audio for the next couple drives. Also after that happened, got SD card error out of the blue during the next trip. Popped card out and back in, and it would work for a couple minutes before coming back, until finally that would do nothing. Did another master reset, and all is working again....for now I guess. We'll see if it happens again.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #63
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
I woulds try delayed reboot before trying a master reset. less disruptive.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #64
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dervari View Post
I hate that the backup camera turns off instantly when you put it into drive. I liked it staying on until you hit 5mpg or so since I back into my drive and pull into the garage. It helped me see that I had pulled in far enough.
So you hate that the system now switches out of the reverse camera as it should... i.e. when you put in in drive, instead of having a delay? I would find the delay annoying.

Just put it back in reverse with your foot on the brake to make sure you're in far enough... or do what most people do and hang up a tennis ball that you'll bump into when you're far enough!
Sonic Crew #28
Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #65
dervari
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
So you hate that the system now switches out of the reverse camera as it should... i.e. when you put in in drive, instead of having a delay? I would find the delay annoying.
Yep, I do. :) The delay wasn't annoying at all, especially when you're trying to get into a tight parking spot and have to pull forward to get lined up again.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #66
joshuafail
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 115261
What I Drive: 2013 Ingot Silver SE w/MFT

FF Reputation: 8 joshuafail Good Standing Member
Just installed. Navigating between menus is definitely more responsive- a welcome improvement! No real review on anything else, though. Haven't played around with it long enough yet.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #67
dervari
Focus Enthusiast

I tried the WiFi with my Samsing GS3 just for kicks and grins. The keyboard now allows alphanueric security key entry, but only up to 10 characters. I also found that it refused to pair with my GS3 mobile hotspot. I tried different variations of keys (AlphaNumeric, Numeric, Alpha) and it never would associate.

I know WiFi is pretty useless at this point, but figured I'd try it just to see if it worked.

Last edited by dervari; 08-05-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #68
sekazi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114026
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Ti Tux. Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 sekazi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dervari View Post
In settings for the rear view camera you can enable the delay again. I turned it back on after the update and it works fine.

The update does seem to make the MFT overall work quicker. Only time will tell if any of my issues are fixed.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #69
Bolto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101615
What I Drive: 2012 Plat White Ti

FF Reputation: 2 Bolto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
Upgraded my job2 2013 Ti (w/ nav.)

Home screen: Nice to see audio title/artist on the home screen when playing from sirius or HD FM. I really don't notice the enlarged areas for changing modes, as I'm in the habit of using the extreme edges already.

Voice: No noticed difference other than the "help" popping up on the screen whenever I press the voice paddle. I'd like to turn that off. (Advanced mode should turn that off IMO.) Most of my voice preferences were reset after the update (such as advanced/novice mode, confirmation prompts, etc) but that's easy enough to re configure.

Gary
I found out about the enlarged areas today by accident. You can now press anywhere in the entire quadrant to go to that particular function, instead of just the title bars in each corner - much easier to do, though I don't know why it wasn't set that way in the first place.

For the voice help screen that you get when you pull the voice paddle, you'll see a little speech box in the red audio bar appear when voice is activated. Tap that button and it'll turn off the voice help box.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:26 PM   #70
paladin732
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88993
What I Drive: 2012 Candy SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 paladin732 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It's not all sweetness and light at least for one ST owner (not me, mine went fine, but I've got other reasons for going back to the dealer now darn it), their screen got inverted, and they lost navigation as a part of the update.
That is the exact same issue I have on my 2012 SEL! Lost navigation and flipped screen. Plus neither my 1 or 2 buttons work at all anymore(not even with Fords dumb preset favs). I noticed temp is gone again also

I messaged Ford IV about it.

The inversion is the same as in the video also (full inversion instead of just up/down or just left/right)

I even tried a master reset which did not help (and let me tell you, trying to do a master reset when the screen is fully inverted is NOT fun)

EDIT: Might be relevant: I was also one of the people affected with the 3.2.2 climate bug, where my climate stayed off on the screen even though it was working fine

EDIT 2: Tried that diagnostics fix in the other thread, YAY! touchscreen is now working. nav is still missing though (for anyone that needs it: hold the forward skip button to the right of the volume knob and the eject button, then navigate to APIM -->touchscreen calibration)

Bookmarks & Social Networks