MYFord Touch v3.6 is out! - Page 6 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #51
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Anyone notice whether we can turn off the f-ing annoying signature line on outgoing texts?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #52
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,216, Level 35
Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35 Points: 3,216, Level: 35
Level Up 11% Completed
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The first issue would be, but the more pressing issue that they only brush on over on the ST forum was that their car was built with the navigation, but the update seems to have removed the navigation feature for their car.

All they can get to now is the sync services/ information screen.

http://fordstnation.com/focus-st-gen...date-hell.html
So the video only talks about an issue that CAN be resolved... the Nav is definitely an issue though. I can't imagine a total reflash at the dealer won't solve that. There's always bound to be issues on occasion when updating a system like this. Before really claiming it's a huge issue I'd rather see whether or not it's easily resolved.

Considering others with Nav haven't had issues, it's definitely not going to affect everyone and we can only hope it's isolated. Could have been any number of things that caused it, but I hope it's resolved quickly for him.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 08-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #53
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Upgraded my job2 2013 Ti (w/ nav.)

Actual update process was painless. However, I was starting to get concerned when update "3 of 9" was going for a VERY long time with no indication of progress. Actual total time for me was about 30 minutes.

Initial thoughts (with only about 45 minutes playing):

Clock "reset time to GPS" is STILL broken. Really, Ford? There's simply no excuse for this anymore. If Ford's advanced infotainment system can't even figure out what time it is, how can I trust it to do anything else? What's the very first thing I see on the home screen? The time. The WRONG time. Sure, I can manually change that, but I shouldn't have it.

Is calendar missing? (I don't remember seeing it, but I might have just overlooked it.)

Sirius traffic and other info (gas prices, etc): unable to test as the unit was still downloading the data (or I wasn't around traffic.)

MAP (bluetooth messaging) almost properly handles my Galaxy Note II now. I can even read and reply to messages with voice commands. Sadly, it always claims that sending a message fails (even though it seems to send properly each time.) On a similar note, If Ford is going to insist on adding "This SMS was sent from my Ford", then they should put parenthesis around that addition, or make sure there's a period beforehand. I sent a text to my wife that only contained the canned "OK" message, and she got "OK This SMS was sent from my Ford." Her car (a Chrysler) apparently read the message oddly because of the lack of punctuation. (Personally, I'd like to disable the damn message - unless Ford is going to pay me to advertise for them.)

Navigation: favorites were saved, but all my favorite voice tags were erased and had to be recreated. Several other nav related settings were reset (breadcrumbs, 3d vs 2d map, etc) Nav "avoid areas" were all erased. All the nav issues I've seen in my short test were easy enough to correct. I didn't have the chance to actually test turn by turn directions. (I tried to, but I forgot how to nav to a favorite without a voice tag.)

Music/Audio: (haven't tried bluetooth yet) - seems to work (sirius, HD FM, and ipod tested.) Haven't yet tested to see if the "shuffle indicator" is fixed for the ipod.

Home screen: Nice to see audio title/artist on the home screen when playing from sirius or HD FM. I really don't notice the enlarged areas for changing modes, as I'm in the habit of using the extreme edges already.

Voice: No noticed difference other than the "help" popping up on the screen whenever I press the voice paddle. I'd like to turn that off. (Advanced mode should turn that off IMO.) Most of my voice preferences were reset after the update (such as advanced/novice mode, confirmation prompts, etc) but that's easy enough to re configure.

Lost wallpaper - again, just a minor issue to put that back.

More to come...

Gary
Old 08-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #54
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Omg omg omg, my zunehd works again...thank you sweet baby Jesus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 08-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #55
slybarman
Focus Addict

Points 1,664, Level 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
On a similar note, If Ford is going to insist on adding "This SMS was sent from my Ford", then they should put parenthesis around that addition, or make sure there's a period beforehand. I sent a text to my wife that only contained the canned "OK" message, and she got "OK This SMS was sent from my Ford." Her car (a Chrysler) apparently read the message oddly because of the lack of punctuation. (Personally, I'd like to disable the damn message - unless Ford is going to pay me to advertise for them.)

Gary
Crap. I was hoping they gave us the ability to get rid of that idiotic signature line. Makes every text message from the car confusing to recipients and makes me feel like an idiot when I have to explain it each time. Really iVT team, is this so necessary?

Old 08-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #56
brochado
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116776
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ti Sedan

Points 384, Level 7
Points: 384, Level: 7 Points: 384, Level: 7 Points: 384, Level: 7
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 brochado Good Standing Member
Quote:
MAP (bluetooth messaging) almost properly handles my Galaxy Note II now. I can even read and reply to messages with voice commands. Sadly, it always claims that sending a message fails (even though it seems to send properly each time.) On a similar note, If Ford is going to insist on adding "This SMS was sent from my Ford", then they should put parenthesis around that addition, or make sure there's a period beforehand. I sent a text to my wife that only contained the canned "OK" message, and she got "OK This SMS was sent from my Ford." Her car (a Chrysler) apparently read the message oddly because of the lack of punctuation. (Personally, I'd like to disable the damn message - unless Ford is going to pay me to advertise for them.)
Agreed, I sent several to myself and it says that it failed, although it did indeed send. I was thinking that since I had low reception it thought it hadn't sent or that it took too long for the phone to tell it that it was sent or something so I didn't think much of it.

I agree that the signature is ugly and not necessary. If we absolutely have to keep it, change "This SMS was sent from my Ford" to something like "(line break) This message was sent via Ford SYNC" or something like that.

the way it looks now is unprofessional and half-assed. I'd 100% much rather not have it at all.

I see lots of Note 2's around here, I quite like mine.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #57
slybarman
Focus Addict

Points 1,664, Level 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by brochado View Post
I see lots of Note 2's around here
For another month anyway. :)

Old 08-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #58
Torquer350
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117488
What I Drive: 2013 Perf Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 Torquer350 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
Turn off auto phonebook download.

Thanks - I will give this a shot
Old 08-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #59
2013TitaniumHatch
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113545
What I Drive: 2013 Silver Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 2013TitaniumHatch Good Standing Member
Just updated from 3.5.1 to 3.6 and everything seems to still work as it should.
Radio buttons are faster.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:06 PM   #60
slybarman
Focus Addict

Points 1,664, Level 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Voice: No noticed difference other than the "help" popping up on the screen whenever I press the voice paddle. I'd like to turn that off. (Advanced mode should turn that off IMO.)

Gary
Advanced mode turned the help screen off for me

Bookmarks & Social Networks