MYFord Touch v3.6 is out! - Page 28 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #271
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98655
What I Drive: Fmr: 2012 Ti Sedan Now: '13 Taurus

FF Reputation: 2 Shantheman2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So...my MFT went blank this week. Every 5 min a "Waiting for USB image install" comes up and then cancels. I tried to reload the last update and pull the fuse. Anyone experience this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using FF Mobile 4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #272
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showoval View Post
So what's the deal with 3.6.2? Ford sync says I already loaded it into the car and I know for sure I've only done the initial 3.6 upgrade since picking the car up at the end of July. What gives?
The initial release IS 3.6.2. They just marketed it as 3.6. The 3 is the major version number, 6 is the revision number of the third major release, and the 2 is the second build of that revision, in this case being the build they found suitable for mass release. It's all just internal mumbo jumbo. :)
Sonic Crew #28
Old 09-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #273
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shantheman2012 View Post
So...my MFT went blank this week. Every 5 min a "Waiting for USB image install" comes up and then cancels. I tried to reload the last update and pull the fuse. Anyone experience this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using FF Mobile 4
I think a dealership visit is in order, Shantheman2012. They'll be able to run tests and see what the issue is.

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #274
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMyth View Post

I still love the car, but man without my music i feel like half a man. My commute is me-time, and its been way to silent for two weeks. I can't stand commercial radio.
I'm with you. Don't let Ford techs sway you , if the software from the latest update worked for both of us and now it suddenly doesn't then it's the update. Fortunately I'm pretty sure that the programmers simply botched something they didn't mean to and that in the next update it will be fixed. If you have a smart phone, I've been making due for most of my drive with Slacker, but not listening to my music SUCKS.

Although, I would take up Rebecca on her offer
Old 09-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #275
MrMyth
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106845
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 2 MrMyth Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
I'm with you. Don't let Ford techs sway you , if the software from the latest update worked for both of us and now it suddenly doesn't then it's the update. Fortunately I'm pretty sure that the programmers simply botched something they didn't mean to and that in the next update it will be fixed. If you have a smart phone, I've been making due for most of my drive with Slacker, but not listening to my music SUCKS.

Although, I would take up Rebecca on her offer
Married, dude. We'd better be talking Alicia Keys/Adele level of singing for me to take the beatdown that will come it comes out I have other women singing to me.

My Zune still doesn't work, neither does my wife's with less than 500 songs on it. Both Zunes work in her Fusion. I've switched to all MP3s and loaded them onto a 128GB SD card. Somewhere along the line regular USB indexing started working. Probably caused by the reflash at the dealer. Using the card in the car through a USB SD card reader.(SD read speed sucks in the car). 5400 songs index is less than 5 minutes. Voice control is ready in 15 minutes. MP3Tag is your friend. So is Audials 10.

Not sure I'm going back even if the software is fixed. I love my Zune and it isn't made anymore. I'm not positive leaving it in a freezing/burning car all day is good for it. SD cards have no electronics.
Old 09-14-2013, 10:52 AM   #276
oktoberrust11
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90598
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Ti

FF Reputation: 1 oktoberrust11 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Omg omg omg, my zunehd works again...thank you sweet baby Jesus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Finally got around to updating. Things seem fine, but reading through previous posts I saw yours; I have have a Zune HD. Out of curiosity, how was it not working before/
Old 09-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #277
oktoberrust11
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMyth View Post
My Zune still doesn't work, neither does my wife's with less than 500 songs on it. Both Zunes work in her Fusion. I've switched to all MP3s and loaded them onto a 128GB SD card. Somewhere along the line regular USB indexing started working. Probably caused by the reflash at the dealer. Using the card in the car through a USB SD card reader.(SD read speed sucks in the car). 5400 songs index is less than 5 minutes. Voice control is ready in 15 minutes. MP3Tag is your friend. So is Audials 10.

Not sure I'm going back even if the software is fixed. I love my Zune and it isn't made anymore. I'm not positive leaving it in a freezing/burning car all day is good for it. SD cards have no electronics.
Another Zune post, huh. Sync just doesn't recognize it? Mine 32GD HD was working before, and seems to be fine after the update as well. Aside from the random re-indexing, which was common amongst other players as well.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #278
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post
Finally got around to updating. Things seem fine, but reading through previous posts I saw yours; I have have a Zune HD. Out of curiosity, how was it not working before/
If you have a zune you should NOT have updated. Your zune will endlessly index now and never complete making it next to useless. This was an old post.

Before I would plug my zunehd in and it would give me either a usb error or unknown device.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #279
oktoberrust11
Focus Rookie

Quote:
If you have a zune you should NOT have updated. Your zune will endlessly index now and never complete making it next to useless. This was an old post.

Before I would plug my zunehd in and it would give me either a usb error or unknown device.

Well..I'm hoping since I didn't have an issue before, I won't now. I'll report back.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #280
oktoberrust11
Focus Rookie

Quote:

Well, I'm in the same boat as you. My Zune HD re-indexes essentially every time I start the car. It does seem to "complete" the index in a normal amount of time, but it does it again as soon as I re start the car. I did not have any issues prior to the update.

Rebecca, or any other customer service rep, Is your team looking in to this? I would think a Microsoft based system coupled with a Microsoft MP3 player would result in a flawless playback.

Thanks.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->