Suspension suggestions best combo for crappy roads and snow? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
USARice
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56127
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST, DD and AutoX

Points 2,305, Level 29
Points: 2,305, Level: 29 Points: 2,305, Level: 29 Points: 2,305, Level: 29
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 USARice Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Suspension suggestions best combo for crappy roads and snow?

So the day before leaving for FF I received the bad news I suspected.....blown rear shocks. I figured as much since they were all black and I was having major rubbing issues with just my smallest 2 kids in the back seat. Having had "coilovers" on my tRacer the bounciness didn't get my attention because I figured it was the addition of the 18s with minus sized tires to the suspension breaking in. It's the Saleen setup that I had installed brand new 40k ago. I had read alot of bad reviews on the Eibachs before I bought the kit but couldnt argue with the price. So here we are now and we made the trip with them and I put on about 900 miles a week now.

I want to hear what people are usung here in the Midwest/NE what they are usung (and hopefully like) that gives the best combination of comfort, performance, and drop. Coilovers are not an option due cost and Racelands aren't good for the occasional AutoX. My initial thought is to just keep the Racecraft springs even though I want more than the 1.5 drop and pair them with a complete set of AGX or I did find a decent deal on the HR Cup Kit but thats still 300 more than the first option, or I pair the AGXs with a set of different springs. After researching this since the bad news my head is going to explode. And mostly I want to hear from people who drive their Foci in the same conditions I do. Unfortunately what works in Fla may not do well in 2 or more inches of unplowed snow. In the winter I do run my 16 stockers with plus size snows.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1 using FF Mobile

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
mainest
Focus Addict

Fan#: 60163
What I Drive: '04 Red Euro SVT

Points 1,826, Level 25
Points: 1,826, Level: 25 Points: 1,826, Level: 25 Points: 1,826, Level: 25
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 8 mainest Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
For comfort and DD performance, I installed a stock SVT suspension with a 22mm front sway bar, and 24mm rear sway bar. Not much of a drop though. Unless you are willing to buy Koni yellows and have them valved to your springs, you're unlikely to get all three of your wishes.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #3
Miller88
Focus Addict

Fan#: 73790
What I Drive: 2011 Focus SE 5 Speed

Points 1,630, Level 23
Points: 1,630, Level: 23 Points: 1,630, Level: 23 Points: 1,630, Level: 23
Level Up 30% Completed
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 5 Miller88 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
If you drive in a lot of snow .. lowering will not be beneficial.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.