2014 SE Sport Package Question.... - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #21
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,132, Level 40
Points: 4,132, Level: 40 Points: 4,132, Level: 40 Points: 4,132, Level: 40
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You couldn't separate rear discs on the SE from the leather,right? Wasn't that all part of a much pricier sport package?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #22
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

Points 702, Level 14
Points: 702, Level: 14 Points: 702, Level: 14 Points: 702, Level: 14
Level Up 2% Completed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Forum Activity 19%
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%
FF Reputation: 11 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
That does not sound right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricusa View Post
I've been trying to order a new Se that includes the sport package. Have found out that the package now does not include the sport seats, leather wrapped shiftier or the rear disc brakes! ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Yes, unfortunately that "Sport" package was only available in 2012. There was no Sport package in 2013, and then it came back in 2014 as something completely different...

I hope whoever you heard that from is wrong. Otherwise, both the 2014 Order Guide and the Build & Price tool at ford.com are wrong:

The only difference I can see listed between the SE Sport Package for 2014 is that it includes the 16" alloy wheels that are painted gray with machined edges rather than the ones that are painted silver.

In photos it also appears that the trim piece around the shift lever area on the center console and the front door armrest handles are now black rather than silver as they were for 2012:

Photo Copyright 2014 World Motor Media, all rights reserved.
Reprinted with permission from World Motor Media.

The silver wheels became standard equipment for the base SE for 2013, when the SE Sport Package was awol. For 2012 the gray wheels were available as an option (for $374 if I recall correctly) only with the SE Sport package. I don't recall seeing them as an option for 2013.

The black & machined 17" alloy wheels that were available as an option ($495 ?) with the SE Sport Package in 2012 are not for 2014. (DARN IT.) They can only be ordered with the SE Appearance Package (201A: leather seats, etc.) for 2014, as was the case for 2013. (I did not pay attention to when they were or were not available for the Titanium trim level.)

(NOTE: I have no commercial interest in World Motor Media nor their website, gtcarlot.com -- I just think it's a cool site. Especially since they gave me permission to display their photos here, rather than just a link to them.)
Old 09-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #23
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Points 702, Level 14
Level Up 2% Completed
Forum Activity 19%
Who's on first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Ah, well. In that case, I should have said that it came back in '13 as something completely different. But, I'm thinking that it might have only been an option in Canada... (?)
I had not seen this comment while I was working on my reply to your earlier one, and it sounds closer to what the Order Guide and the Build & Price tool have shown. (I am referring to the USA versions only -- I've only peeked at Canada's version once when I saw a YouTube video of an SEL with a manual transmission , which was not available here.

The SE Sport Package was available for 2012, went away for 2013, and returned for 2014. It has the 16" alloy wheels, rear disc brakes, cloth upholstery, manual seats, etc. for around $600 after discounts.

The SE Appearance Package was new for 2013 and is still available for 2014. It has the 17" alloy wheels, rear disc brakes, leather upholstery, electric driver's seat, etc. for over $2,000. Sales people I have talked to (and some members here on focusfanatics) have referred to it erroneously as the "sport" package.

I don't know whether anyone here has ever figured out what the story is on springs and dampers with the various combinations. At one time I thought I understood it, but I was wrong. The Order Guide and the B & P tool are mum on those (except for the Titanium Handling Package).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
You couldn't separate rear discs on the SE from the leather,right? Wasn't that all part of a much pricier sport package?
Correct. (Fog lights and rear wing on the sedan, too.) Except that it was the SE Appearance Package that was new for 2013 when the SE Sport Package was missing. For 2014 we get them both. (I hope.)

Last edited by Arco-Zakus; 09-09-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: fix typo, add info
Old 09-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #24
mac.mogul
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 90409
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES Sedan

Points 3,865, Level 39
Points: 3,865, Level: 39 Points: 3,865, Level: 39 Points: 3,865, Level: 39
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 13 mac.mogul Great Standing Member
I believe that the SFE does not have select shift functionality on the DCT whereas the SE Sport does.
2011 SES 5spd #006 >> SR #213

What other people think of me is none of my business.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #25
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Points 702, Level 14
Level Up 2% Completed
Forum Activity 19%
Dibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveofocus View Post
... I just bought a 2013 SFE just so I could have Rear Discs and spoiler then added the Black Pack Wheels on it for a different look to it. ...
You are way too modest. I think your sedan is one of my favorites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveofocus View Post
... but now that I see the Sport Package has came back for the 2014 model year I'm debating on trading mine in.
If yours had a manual trans, I would be telling you, "YES, you should sell yours -- to ME." But, as others have said, it probably would not make economic sense. For you, anyway.

You would get the fog lights, which could be a pain to add to yours after market if you needed them, but it can be done. (The black plastic blanks that normally can look cheap look great on yours just the way they are.)

Along with that comes the odd looking (to me, anyway) two-tone upholstery. I have not tried the two different seat types yet, but people claim the ones with the sport package are better than the ones in your car. Not sure how difficult that would be to change.

I have forgotten what I thought I knew about the springs, but I'm waiting to find the VIN for a 2014 SE with the Sport Package to check it out in ETIS. If you are not happy with the way yours handles now, it might cost you less to modify its suspension than to trade it on a new one.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #26
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Points 702, Level 14
Level Up 2% Completed
Forum Activity 19%
Sport vs Appearance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac.mogul View Post
I believe that the SFE does not have select shift functionality on the DCT whereas the SE Sport does.
I recall the same thing for 2012, but for 2014 the SelectShift feature with the DCT is only listed under the SE Appearance Package and the Titanium series, but not with the SE Sport Package.

I hope that is an oversight in the Order Guide, 'cause it sounds dumb to me to not have it with the Sport Package. It might make sense for the SFE to not have it, but I don't know why it isn't standard with all DCTs. (I think whoever at Ford makes these decisions needs a good "talking to".)
Old 09-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #27
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Points 702, Level 14
Level Up 2% Completed
Forum Activity 19%
For what it's worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
The 2012 sport package suspension was a big ??? ... Still have no idea if yes or no.
I think jsr72 figured it out, that the different springs on different SE samples were to handle the weight of various options (DCT, moonroof) or body styles (hatch vs sedan).

I just now entered VINs into ETIS for two different 2014 SE models. One is the base SE and the other has the SE Sport Package. Both have the same BV61-5310-NG coil springs on the front and the same BV61-5560-NG coil springs on the back.

UPDATE, 2013-09-10_11:20,
VINs from two 2014 SEs with the Appearance Package (17" wheels) show the same springs in ETIS as the other two SEs. At least for this small sample of four 2014s it does not appear that the different packages result in different springs. (All four cars have the same body style, DCT, no moonroof.) This is consistent with my belief that improved handling some owners notice is the result of the lower aspect ratio tires on the larger 17" wheels and with jsr72's observations about different springs.

Last edited by Arco-Zakus; 09-10-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 11-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #28
2014SESPORT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 121361
What I Drive: 2014 Oxford White Focus SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 2014SESPORT Good Standing Member
I guess I am now the 13th member with a '14 w/sport package. If you like the sportier look it is the way to go. I have option package 200A with Sirius radio for 195.00 and of course the sport package. The sport package retails on the sticker for and additional 995.00 with a discount of 395.00. You get the rear spoiler, painted rims, leather steering wheel, etc for 600.00. In my opinion that is a steal and a no brainer.

Anyone an employee of a Ford store? Just curious as right now you get the 2k rebate and if you get the 'D' plan you are set up pretty good. I really was not going to buy until the Spring but I can thank the cleanup guy in the sales building for putting the white SE I bought in the showroom last Friday. Our bodyshop cleanup guy bought a white 2013 SE in July around the time we bought my wife's Ruby Red '13 SE. I always catch myself asking him if he cleaned his car and he always says no but his car always looks clean. I was all set on Blue Candy but his car looking so good all of the time and the car on the showroom floor all waxed up sealed the deal on Oxford White. I am just glad my wife gave me the OK. LOL
Wife - 2013 Focus SE - Ruby Red
Old 11-09-2013, 02:33 AM   #29
Romans5.8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 119488
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 4 Romans5.8 Good Standing Member
I got the sport package. It may have changed but I still thinks it's a fantastic deal. Rear disc brakes is a huge appearance jump. Drum brakes look bad enough; but wait 3 or 4 years when they are all rusted after heating up so many times? They'll look horrible! In addition to the improved performance and everything else. Heck, I'd have paid that just for the rear disc. The painted wheels, leather wrapped stuff (And that leather wrapped wheel is awesome) and everything else is just a bonus.
2011 Honda Shadow Aero, Candy Red (Wife's Bike)
Old 11-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #30
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

Points 4,132, Level 40
Points: 4,132, Level: 40 Points: 4,132, Level: 40 Points: 4,132, Level: 40
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Yeah, I think I wouldve paid the $800 just for the rear discs too but it was a nice to get all the other goodies along with the discs. Usually a car gets better as the model hears move forward but Ford seems to have instilled a few cost cutting measures and others to force buyers to pay for pricey packages to get a couple options they want. One of the few times I'm glad I bought a new gen first model year.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.