Issue with temps - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > MK1 Focus

MK1 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the first generation 2000-2007 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
BIMMERKID21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98852
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZTS Twilight Blue

FF Reputation: 1 BIMMERKID21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Issue with temps

recently I had a long drive in high temps from North Dakota to Minnesota. Got stuck in rush hour traffic upon reaching the Twin cities area.... sitting around going no where in a hurry.. While sitting in that rush hour, car temp started heading towards the far right. Pulled over left it sit a while to cool off. Then I started up again and drove to Mall of America and did so on side streets at my first opportunity to exit the "parking lot" we call I-494/94, Left it sit a couple hours til the car was cooled down. Continued onto my final Destination in Southern MN without a hitch. Since then I've driven back up to western ND to get a few more things from my storage unit. Didnt have any problem up and back on the drive. The other day, I noticed the temp creeping up a bit.. Turned the fan on high then it went right back to usual running temps.

It has a brand new Thermostat in the coolant system. Any ideas whats going on?

Car is running just fine otherwise. Don't notice anything different with the way the car is running or idling..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
focusdaily
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114250
What I Drive: 2002 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 focusdaily Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I just had a similar problem, where it would overheat at idle on my 02 zetec. The low speed fans were not working, had to replace the low fan resistor. I got mine off amazon, dorman part 902-219. I would search the forums for overheat at idle, there are a lot of posts on the issue, guess its a common issue. Do some research but sounds like same problem if it only overheats sitting at idle. Hope you can figure it out, resistor was about 25 and easy to replace.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
BIMMERKID21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98852
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus ZTS Twilight Blue

FF Reputation: 1 BIMMERKID21 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
thanks for the tip.. ordered it in off amazon.. will let ya know what happens after I swap it out.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
focusdaily
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114250
What I Drive: 2002 zx3

FF Reputation: 1 focusdaily Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
No problem, did you do dome research? I found one post where they told the temps that your fans actually kick on. At first I wasn't sure it actually fixed it, but yesterday I finally confirmed the low fans kicked on normally. Also my plug wasn't bad but it seemed most peoples were. Good luck, hope that fixes it.

Bookmarks & Social Networks