2012 Ford Focus SE! - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #11
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Go aftermarket 18"s for new light wheels since the ST wheels might be a downgrade where ooomph is concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 07:57 PM   #12
FocusStrider
Deaf Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 36447
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 3 FocusStrider Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
No problem, and thank you!

Not that you have to, but in my opinion I would recommend a full cat-back. Not only will you not see any actual power gains with the axle back, but as stated-it's expensive for what it is. While it definitely looks better than OEM, for only a couple hundred $'s more you can get the full system and some decent gains in hp/fuel mileage. FRPP, Borla, and Magnaflow are three of the best rated/sounding systems.

The FRPP is essentially a re-branded Borla and you can save some money on it by ordering it through either Village or Tousley Ford. The Borla isn't overly expensive, and AutoAnything will even match Amazon pricing if Amazon is currently beating it. I fought long and hard to get the Borla kit, but it wasn't going to get to me in time for FF13 so I went custom. The Magnaflow is usually the priciest of the three, but I've never seen a bad review of it.

Just something to think about

I just noticed that you aren't too far away from me either, so I could also meet up to help you with the snorkel delete. It doesn't take too long, but I understand the uncertainty of tearing into a new vehicle. I've done it on mine and a few of my local friends' vehicles.

Thank you, I will keep that in my mind. I probably just leave exhaust stock for a while and just do the drop-in/snorkel delete... returning to car payments definitely suck. haha.

yeah I noticed that you're from Fayetteville.. that's not far away.. compared to Goldsboro lol. I would have to order the K&N first before letting you know when to meet up. Would that work?
Former SEDAN REVOLUTION #11 member
Now a Freelance Street Tuner!
I'm Deaf and Proud to be!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #13
FocusStrider
Deaf Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Go aftermarket 18"s for new light wheels since the ST wheels might be a downgrade where ooomph is concerned.

Is that because the ST wheels are heavy? (pricey I know).
Old 07-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #14
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusStrider View Post
Thank you, I will keep that in my mind. I probably just leave exhaust stock for a while and just do the drop-in/snorkel delete... returning to car payments definitely suck. haha.

yeah I noticed that you're from Fayetteville.. that's not far away.. compared to Goldsboro lol. I would have to order the K&N first before letting you know when to meet up. Would that work?
Sure, that's not a problem! Just shoot me a pm whenever you're ready and we can iron out the details

Quote:
Is that because the ST wheels are heavy? (pricey I know).
Yes, the OEM 18's (Both Ti HP and ST) are heavy-in the 25lb+ range. For roughly the same cost you can get a lighter set of wheels with a better fitting offset. Something to consider, unless you are a big fan of the ST wheels.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 07-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #15
FocusStrider
Deaf Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Sure, that's not a problem! Just shoot me a pm whenever you're ready and we can iron out the details

Yes, the OEM 18's (Both Ti HP and ST) are heavy-in the 25lb+ range. For roughly the same cost you can get a lighter set of wheels with a better fitting offset. Something to consider, unless you are a big fan of the ST wheels.

Will do! Thanks for your help!. Look forward to meet you soon! Hopefully I will know by next week or so.

Yeah I am a fan of ST wheels lol. But, I have to take the weight differences in a consideration as well, so you have a point there. Even though I will just stick with stock hub covered wheels for a long while.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
iceman05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107405
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 iceman05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
We should have a meet up then! I think I'm in the middle of Fayetteville and Greensboro!

2012 Focus SE Sedan
SR # 273

RR # 111
Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #17
XlarXlar
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111735
What I Drive: 2013 PB Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 2 XlarXlar Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman05 View Post
We should have a meet up then! I think I'm in the middle of Fayetteville and Greensboro!
That would be pretty awesome. I'm in Charlotte and it would be great to meet up with some other Focus owners. I'm more than happy to drive a ways too!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
FocusStrider
Deaf Focus Fanatic

Just perfect! We all can meet up one day. Next week I will be free all week before I start working in Charlotte.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #19
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Just perfect! We all can meet up one day. Next week I will be free all week before I start working in Charlotte.
I'm free any time except this Wednesday or Friday. Outside of that, whatever works for everyone works for me. When you decide, post a date/time/place in here and in here-http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319857, and maybe we can get a handful of cars/people. Depending on whom all is available, we can pick a relatively centralized location

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 07-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #20
I_go_for_Gs
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 113640
What I Drive: 2013 White SE 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 I_go_for_Gs Good Standing Member
I am a huge fan of 225/45/17's for our MK3s N/A. I did a quick research on TireRack and came up with these numbers. I choose the Goodyear Eagle F1s in 225/45/17 and the weight per tire is 21lbs. I found three wheels that are light weight. Andros Spec D in matte grey 17x8 at 18.7lbs. Sparco Assetto Gara in matte graphite silver 17x7.5 at 19lbs. If you are feeling rich, O.Z. Ultraleggera in black paint at 17.1lbs.

If we pair the 225's with the O.Z. we have a total tire and wheel weight of 38.1lbs.

An earlier post has the ST's wheel at 25lbs, and the Goodyear Eagle F1s in 235/40/18 at either 23lbs or 25lbs depending on the 300 or 240 tread wear. Giving me a total of either 48lbs or 50lbs total weight per tire.

Not only is that a lot less unsprung weight, but less rotational mass to accelerate and decelerate. I know, I know, 18"rs look so much better and the 235 looks more bad ass when viewed from the rear(sarcasm). But I care more about performance than looks. The grip difference between a 235 sectional to a 225 sectional is negligible same tire to same tire but the weight savings is huge.

Bookmarks & Social Networks