"I Survived FocusFest '13!!!" A Post FocusFest comment thread - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
"I Survived FocusFest '13!!!" A Post FocusFest comment thread

WOO HOOOOO!!!! There were Focis all over the place, and other Fords of all flavors since it was also "Fun Ford Weekend" at Gateway Motorsports Park.

First off many big THANK YOUSE out to those who helped organize the event and helped in putting on the event! Ben, Kipp, Alex, Justin, James, Duane, Tom, Ray, Paul, and a slew of other people whose names I don't know who volunteered to help.

Thanks to everyone in the Focus Fanatics community who attended, raced, showed, hung out, and got hung over! Like seriously, if anyone who has never done an event like this before and is thinking about next time- catch up on your sleep for a week before. I think more than one of us went on about 4 hours total sleep for the weekend.

Best wishes to all of you for your trips back home to the house! My apologies to all those who were tortured for hours in the parking lot chatting while listening to my music- LOL. turn signal problems can be repaired with duct tape- thanks Lou!

It was really a great time in spite of the oppressive heat and humidity!! Speaking of which- Many Many Thanks to Turbo Tom and Admin Tom for purchasing water to pass out to all the Focus Fanatics withering in the heat who were out there having a good time on the asphalt!

I have a lot of good pics, but I don't have one of the 70s Thunderchicken that ran so smashingly in the autocross event, hopefully someone else took a pic instead of just watching in amazement like I did. This guy proved that if you want to score cheers at a car event- take a 70's land yacht with a big V8 into an autocross course!

For those of you who didn't or couldn't make it- there's always next year! I hope to see everyone again, and certainly see pics and hear stories so everyone can share the fun!

More later... I need a nap

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
clnzx4
Keep It Classy.

Fan#: 94624
What I Drive: 2007 ZX4 SAP, 2006 LJ Wrangler

FF Reputation: 2 clnzx4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My duct tape is still hanging on (: but my running light doesn't work. Oh well! Thanks guys! One of the best weekends I've ever had!! Glad to finally meet y'all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using FF Mobile
Team Duratec #43 | Sedan Revolution #218
Old 07-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
FocusOnU2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 49219
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVTF 5dr

FF Reputation: 9 FocusOnU2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whynotthinkwhynot View Post

I have a lot of good pics, but I don't have one of the 70s Thunderchicken that ran so smashingly in the autocross event, hopefully someone else took a pic instead of just watching in amazement like I did. This guy proved that if you want to score cheers at a car event- take a 70's land yacht with a big V8 into an autocross course!

More later... I need a nap
Jeff (missourileo) took a video of this guy on the auto x track. I'm sure he'll post it up.
#141 OF 1079 BORN 10/24/03

Midwest crew #34
Old 07-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
kwg2371
Focus Addict

Fan#: 82857
What I Drive: 03 screming yellow SVT #1841

FF Reputation: 3 kwg2371 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
yes most definitely a BIG THANK YOU to ben, tom and everyone else who planned this event this is by far my most favorite show I've been to, I just wish we all had an extra day together where we could could just sit back drink a beer and shoot the sheet.

everything just seemed to go by so fast and now I'm suffering from post FocusFest depression ( PFFD )

I'd also like to say I'm very honored and grateful that you found my car worthy of some awards :D

I've been working my ass off to get the car up and going and I'm thrilled I got the green light at the last minute to bring it

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
HatchNation #36
FF 13 best audio
FF 13 3rd place best in class SVT
FFW 13 best focus
FFW 13-14 best in class SVT
Old 07-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
disciplerocks
GT40 all the things!

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Thanks everyone who helped out Ben and Tom for another great event. There was a great turnout this time.

Also thanks to all the sponsors.

It was hot, but still fun. Mine should be all lined out to run the track next time.

Edit: I'd like to add that it was nice putting some faces to screen names and seeing others that I had not seen in a while. Still a bunch that didn't get to meet.
89 Bronco II XLT Crawler
Old 07-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #6
egbertnr
Focus Factor

Fan#: 27383
What I Drive: 2011 Blue FX4 F150 SCREW Boosted

FF Reputation: 7 egbertnr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
Had a great time at my first FocusFest ever. ..as sad as that is after being on the forum for as long as I have...anyway great to put faces to names and welcoming the newer guys that will give focusfanatics many more years of strong focus community. As others have said thanks for putting together the event I know it takes an insane amount of time and energy. And it flew by...so it was obviously fun....pffd...where can I find meds for that???

Sent from my SCH-I605 using FF Mobile

2013 Focus ST3 Performance Blue-Gone
89 Mustang 5.0 Turbo 670 rwhp-Gone
03 SVT Focus Turbo 326whp/278wtq-Gone
Old 07-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #7
bringler26
FUBARCUS

Fan#: 59705
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 & 07 Impreza 2.5i

FF Reputation: 29 bringler26 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
The event was a blast! Next year I may even bring a Focus or maybe not I call it the "Brokus" for a reason haha! It was nice meeting everyone and hanging out!
Originally Posted by zetecDon View Post
I always moderate naked!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
Missourileo
Captain Retard

Fan#: 55980
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusOnU2 View Post
Jeff (missourileo) took a video of this guy on the auto x track. I'm sure he'll post it up.
You mean this one.................
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM
Old 07-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
Crunchy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83327
What I Drive: 2003 zx3 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Crunchy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Miss FocusFest was hot. Is she single?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #10
thehubster
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46763
What I Drive: 2002 Blue Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 2 thehubster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It was pretty awesome. I didn't show my car or anything but i did take it. It was alot of fun and there where a ton of awesome foci there! i will say the best car there was the 2013 ford Mustang Cobra Super Snake! it was a beast and looked like it! It was alot of fun and if there is one close by again i will go. thanks for putting on such an awesome show.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->