2013 Ford Focus SE Manual Performance Parts - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Executable
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 116921
What I Drive: 2013 Gray Metallic Focus SE

Points 625, Level 12
Points: 625, Level: 12 Points: 625, Level: 12 Points: 625, Level: 12
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Executable Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Post 2013 Ford Focus SE Manual Performance Parts

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I recently joined this forum because I just bought my first Ford car after owning several Chevy cars for years. So far, I'm extremely pleased with the car. The power is good (a nice upgrade from a 115 HP 1999 Chevy Cavalier).

I really wish that I was able to afford a ST but when I compared the features, MPG, power, and other miscellaneous... Focus SE was the better choice for me (financially wise). Sometimes I'd just kick myself in sleep knowing that I should have been a bit more patient and get a ST later on. The problem is I needed a car now.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post a thread about performance parts for a 2013 Focus SE.

I cannot find a decent website that has guarantees that the performance parts will work well with my car. So far, I know that upgrading CAI and exhaust system will give a little extra power to the car but is that all I can do to upgrade the horsepower? Are those aftermarket parts reliable? I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of MPG to get extra horsepower and torque if that's possible. Heck, it would be awesome if the performance parts could increase the MPG.

So... If anyone knows any part(s) that will definitely work with my car, let me know. (Sorry if I sounds like a noob here. Well, that's because I am a noob.)

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #2
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 89280
What I Drive: '14 Tangerine Scream ST3

Points 13,285, Level 75
Points: 13,285, Level: 75 Points: 13,285, Level: 75 Points: 13,285, Level: 75
Level Up 9% Completed
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%
Forum Activity 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%
FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Do you want horsepower only, or also handling improvements?
Ford racing has an exhaust, and suspension parts..
The upside is if a Ford dealer installs them the warranty is still good.
For a quick bit a simple upgrade to K&N air filter helps.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #3
Executable
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Points 625, Level 12
Level Up 50% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Elizabeth, thank you for the reply.

I definitely want to see some improvement in handling. When I took the ST for a test drive, let me tell you this, I have to emphasize that I was really, really impressed with the suspension and handling. That's an area I want to improve with the overall performance for my Focus SE.

Extra horsepower is always good. The car has about 350 miles on it. Everything feels brand new. I can still smell fresh leather seats as soon as I open the door.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
Sonic_HedgeHog
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00

Fan#: 50003
What I Drive: '12 Sterling Focus SE 5dr Sport Pkg

Points 123,836, Level 100
Points: 123,836, Level: 100 Points: 123,836, Level: 100 Points: 123,836, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 19 Sonic_HedgeHog Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Executable... I think it's time you read more, research, use the search function and post less. There's a huge wealth of info here on this very website and you can't just have the answers handed to you.

Check out the dyno thread and start reading... It might take you a few weeks, but I'm sure you'll find all your answers!

Congrats on the purchase!
Hatch Nation #156. Sonic's Mk3 Crew Founder and #00
Moderator: DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance, ST Performance, MK3 Focus, SW Fanatics, Sonic's MK3 Crew
Old 07-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
sailor
"Elder"

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 10,881, Level 69
Points: 10,881, Level: 69 Points: 10,881, Level: 69 Points: 10,881, Level: 69
Level Up 8% Completed
Level up: 8% Level up: 8% Level up: 8%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 73 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Easy Sonic, hard to post less than twice for an exited new owner...

Executable - Welcome to FF!

There IS a lot of info. for your car here already, and more coming in all the time.

MkIII area, your engine area, suspension section, tuning is just becoming avail., lots to check out. Most of the reputable vendors have a presence here, and you'll hear about a few others as you check around.

There have been a number of awesome builds already, that didn't start from an ST. Seeing what's been done can give you more ideas.

Specific questions in the "right" area get the best replies, making sure to tell exactly what you have & your objectives helps members in responding.

Most "mods." are a trade off, you give up something to get what you want more. This isn't necessarily bad, as long as it's kept in mind - you're "tuning" the car to do more of what YOU want as opposed to the compromise to fit everyone it was built for. "Good" pieces aren't cheap, but they'll work well and last - there's a LONG history of inexpensive look-alike parts that don't work well, half price or less from E-bay vendors is often something not worth buying.

Enjoy the new ride!

S.R. #275
Old 07-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #6
Executable
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Points 625, Level 12
Level Up 50% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Thanks, guys. I've found what I'm looking for. Thanks for the referrals and tips! We can close this thread.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.