2013 se hatch 5 speed - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom

Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom Post pictures and information of your Focus being built or your car images here. We want to see your Focus! More Images: Visit Our Online Ford Focus Gallery

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
bnoon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116854
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE hatch

FF Reputation: 1 bnoon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2013 se hatch 5 speed

I just picked it up last night. I'm not liking the drop in power from everything I've ever driven over the last 25 years of driving, but I sure did like the 40.1 mpg that I got on the way into work this morning! I will build an intake for it, trying to source a used header from a member here, and Torrie from Unleashed is working on my tune for straight e85. Wheels will be Enkei RPF1's drilled to the correct pattern. Size is as of yet undetermined. Just turned in my Flex ecoboost and had a 2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 before that... EDIT: Picture added...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Focus_small.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	18719  

Last edited by bnoon; 07-18-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
TheNotoriousMAZ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107418
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 TheNotoriousMAZ Good Standing Member
When you get used to finding the power at a higher RPM than you are used to the Focus actually has some decent get up. But coming from V8's down to this engine myself, it was initially a bit of a shock. Something we'll just have to get used to I'm afraid. The liberals won't be happy until we have cars that drive themselves and get 875,463e MPG, and the joy of driving will be something lost to all of us.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #3
bnoon
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah, still no power up top either LOL! I feel like I have time to read a book between shifts, but it's all for a good cause.

I only owned the Flex 6 months and had catless downpipes, 3 bar map, and a tune and that would cause traction issues in the first two gears spinning all 4 255/45/20's! Problem was that I found my dream house available as a HUD repo for only $120,000. After a $30K renovation, I'll have a house with $30-$60K equity and still be cheaper than the house I sold back in February... Living in the girlfriend's small townhouse at the moment and we just got that on the market, so carrying two mortgages was going to be a little too tight with the Flex's payment and gas appetite so it had to go. Plus I still have the 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo for when I feel the need for speed.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
saireah
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116690
What I Drive: 2014 Platinum White Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 3 saireah Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Looks great!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #5
zetecDon
Where am I?

Fan#: 62506
What I Drive: 02 ZX3, 02 MX-5

FF Reputation: 28 zetecDon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (45)
Moved to "Ford Focus Builds & General Showroom".
Old 07-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #6
bnoon
Focus Enthusiast

First mod done. Spectre Filter with no lid. Very nice sound from under the hood now and lots more grunt! Still needs a LOT more though so HURRY UP AFTERMARKET!!! One note: I trimmed off a tiny little plastic nub to let the filter go on about 1/8" farther. I wanted to make sure the filter didn't slide off and also didn't want to tighten up so much to break the housing like I read someone did here. Perhaps that's why it broke in the first place is that it was too close to the edge of the plastic rather than seated farther back like it can without that extra little tab being there.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Focus First Mod.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	18773  

Old 07-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
bnoon
Focus Enthusiast

Zoomed in where I trimmed the little tab from.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Focus First Mod_zoom.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	217.1 KB
ID:	18774  

Old 07-23-2013, 07:38 AM   #8
bnoon
Focus Enthusiast

Loaded my custom tune from Torrie @ Unleashed this morning. I never expected this much from a tune on a NA 4 banger! Pulls better everywhere in the entire rev ranger. MPG is even creeping back up to 29 (fell from 36 on 91 down to about 24 on E85). Should be even better after some logging and updates... and MORE MODS! Now, sell me your used header and cat-back cheap someone!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #9
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
I'm hoping to see some dyno numbers to see what and where the tune is giving power before I jump on one.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #10
bnoon
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
I'm hoping to see some dyno numbers to see what and where the tune is giving power before I jump on one.
You're missing out then let me tell you... The tune was only $150 since I already had the SCT 3015 unit from my Flex Ecoboost and it still would have been worth every penny buying new... I think I paid $275 used for the 3015 unit though off of Ebay. I've seen them go for even less too.

aaaaaand I've got a header tracked down that should ship Friday, got a few feelers out for some stock MS3 parts too. Plus my 944 turbo is for sale, so I may have a sudden burst in cash flow for the rims I want and then I'll be done... until a turbo or SC kit comes out. Then all hell breaks loose on a car I got to be cheap transportation and nothing else. DANG IT! Why is modding so much fun?!?!?!

Bookmarks & Social Networks