proposed class action lawsuit for mft - Page 4 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #31
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,987, Level 40
Points: 3,987, Level: 40 Points: 3,987, Level: 40 Points: 3,987, Level: 40
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 valmundo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I wonder when we are going to hear about the Cue class action...

http://wot.motortrend.com/we-hear-ca...#axzz2ZK9GgRO1
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #32
BoilerL1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114960
What I Drive: 2012 SEL

FF Reputation: 1 BoilerL1 Good Standing Member
The other day I traded my 2012 SEL in on a new Edge Limited and the Edge's MFT-SYNC works better than that of the Focus; fewer commands needed for navigational functions, better compass and clock and in general it seems to "understand" better. The screen is also easier to see and reach though that's a specific vehicle issue rather than a MFT one.

In any event I was satisfied with the Focus MFT system and even more satisfied with the Edge's.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #33
iAmTitanium
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114637
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 0 iAmTitanium Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDeZ View Post
THe lawyers will make millions off it if they win. The consumers actually affected, at best, will receive a coupon for $100 off any new ford vehicle.

I have no intention of signing up for this. MFT is no worse than my computer at work running Windows Vista.
MS should be sued for Vista, it just like ME and now windows 8 is a piece of S!$t. They put them out to make money not to actually improve on the decent OS's, they where buggy slow and didnt improve on anything the OS they replaced did.

MS Sync or Ford touch or both like I have, sucks, its sad when a 10K Hyundai can do BT over audio with no problem but my 25K focus cant, with all the technology from the morons at Microsoft and Ford which have both been around way longer then freaking hyundai.

Ford should be ashamed, to put out software like this. You know its sad when the dealer just looks at you and shrugs and says "we don't know" if you MADE the software, you can FIX the software. I don't car if I get 5 dollars to McDonald I am joining because crap like this, shouldn't be put out to consumers, I was sold a car that works with my iphone 4s, I have a car that doesnt work with my iphone 4s, plain and simple.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #34
zehkaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98706
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 1,034, Level 17
Points: 1,034, Level: 17 Points: 1,034, Level: 17 Points: 1,034, Level: 17
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 zehkaiser Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmTitanium View Post
MS should be sued for Vista, it just like ME and now windows 8 is a piece of S!$t. They put them out to make money not to actually improve on the decent OS's, they where buggy slow and didnt improve on anything the OS they replaced did.

MS Sync or Ford touch or both like I have, sucks, its sad when a 10K Hyundai can do BT over audio with no problem but my 25K focus cant, with all the technology from the morons at Microsoft and Ford which have both been around way longer then freaking hyundai.

Ford should be ashamed, to put out software like this. You know its sad when the dealer just looks at you and shrugs and says "we don't know" if you MADE the software, you can FIX the software. I don't car if I get 5 dollars to McDonald I am joining because crap like this, shouldn't be put out to consumers, I was sold a car that works with my iphone 4s, I have a car that doesnt work with my iphone 4s, plain and simple.
Ya know, I've been using Windows 8 for a while now, and I don't have any major issues. It just took some learning of new keyboard shortcuts.

MFT in my car has worked most of the time. I'd like the shortcut buttons back, and when I select an option it goes to the next screen THEN plays the transition animation, but it has only locked up on me maybe twice in the time I've had it (over a year).

My phones have always worked with Sync. My androids connect fine, my bro's old BlackBerry works fine, and my new BlackBerry 10 phone works fine. Maybe your problem is related to an Apple device connecting to a MS product? I can't say for sure, since I don't own an Apple device.

Then again, there are always quirks when dealing with software. Have you tried manually loading an update? If I'm not mistaken, you can download the latest update and apply it again.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #35
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

Points 18,029, Level 85
Points: 18,029, Level: 85 Points: 18,029, Level: 85 Points: 18,029, Level: 85
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 15%
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%
FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Class action law suits are a joke. The only thing that happens is the lawyers make a lot of money
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 07-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #36
BoilerL1
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman355 View Post
Class action law suits are a joke. The only thing that happens is the lawyers make a lot of money
Such lawsuits do provide the remedy of making corporations change bad policy and as such serve a useful purpose to society. That's no joke.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #37
BlueIce
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93794
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

Points 1,693, Level 23
Points: 1,693, Level: 23 Points: 1,693, Level: 23 Points: 1,693, Level: 23
Level Up 93% Completed
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 2 BlueIce Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmTitanium View Post

Get a real phone and you won't have a problem.

www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293992
Old 07-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #38
zehkaiser
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98706
What I Drive: 2012 Tux Black Focus Titanium Hatch

Points 1,034, Level 17
Points: 1,034, Level: 17 Points: 1,034, Level: 17 Points: 1,034, Level: 17
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 zehkaiser Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIce View Post
Get a real phone and you won't have a problem.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #39
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Points 3,987, Level 40
Points: 3,987, Level: 40 Points: 3,987, Level: 40 Points: 3,987, Level: 40
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 12 valmundo Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerL1 View Post
Such lawsuits do provide the remedy of making corporations change bad policy and as such serve a useful purpose to society. That's no joke.
That's bogus. Big companies tend to settle these lawsuits just to make them go away. By the time these cases settle, the big companies will have long moved on the the next product or product cycle. The lawsuits themselves don't do squat other than make lawyers really rich.

Even if this lawsuit against Ford gets any traction, it will be YEARS before we see some sort of settlement. By then, Ford will have long since moved on and I suspect so will a lot of folks here.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #40
BoilerL1
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
That's bogus. Big companies tend to settle these lawsuits just to make them go away. By the time these cases settle, the big companies will have long moved on the the next product or product cycle. The lawsuits themselves don't do squat other than make lawyers really rich.

Even if this lawsuit against Ford gets any traction, it will be YEARS before we see some sort of settlement. By then, Ford will have long since moved on and I suspect so will a lot of folks here.

A sharp, greedy lawyer is the common man's best defense against powerful corporations and corporate interests spend considerable effort on anti lawyer and anti lawsuit propoganda You seem to be making the argument of corporate apologists.

In fact government agencies and corporations have been forced to change policies by such suits as a quick search of such cases will show. Such as the deBeers case.

And of course lawyers seek to get rich by them, that's what lawyers do. To argue we shouldn't file suits because they make lawyers money is akin to arguing we shouldn't buy Focuses because that makes executives money. In a capitalist system one need not apologize having money as an incentive, indeed money is the most reliable incentive, far more reliable than wanting to do the right thing.

Now it may be that a class action suit in the case of Ford MFT isn't justified but I assert that in general class action suits benefit society. Also note that even by settling such cases the corporation pays out (and incurs legal fees as well) and so has an incentive to avoid improper actions.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.