GR347WH173N0R7H's Focus Sport (30k mi to 0 mi) - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #61
sanford12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116365
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 sanford12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Changing the shredded tires for the stock ones makes one think multiple hole shots or some autocross or even drifting. All the parts you removed were to increase output. You can't tell me you didn't use it in a way unintended for street use on more than one occasion. I know I would have as well as anyone else here. But just because you did abuse it doesn't mean it didn't have a defective part you may have just found it sooner.
2005 Ford 500, 2006 Freestyle, 2012 Focus Titanium pearl white
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #62
Tjrommel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114674
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford white Sedan 5M

FF Reputation: 1 Tjrommel Good Standing Member
@op, you run 87 octane? My theory is you were driving on 93 and filled up on 87 out of nowhere and comp delayed on timing retardation causing detonation issues blowing a valve off its seats?
Old 07-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #63
mp223
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104161
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 0 mp223 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR34TWHI73N0RTH View Post
Read the thread i posted a few pages ago how it happened. You come one here assuming and going on the offensive but you clearly haven't read the whole thing...
Nah, you said what happened, you blew your main bearing. If you were my grandmother who just drives to church every Sunday I'd believe you when you said "it just happened." 50% worn clutch on 30k miles, lol, right buddy.

But it's obvious as hell you're hard on your car (shredded tires, really?) so abuse is what I'm gonna call it. So what did you do? Run it low on oil? Rev the piss outta it on a cold startup a bunch? I bet your tach has seen red-line more than a handful of times...
Old 07-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #64
Deftmetal

Fan#: 105884
What I Drive: 2014 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 8 Deftmetal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp223 View Post
Nah, you said what happened, you blew your main bearing. If you were my grandmother who just drives to church every Sunday I'd believe you when you said "it just happened." 50% worn clutch on 30k miles, lol, right buddy.

But it's obvious as hell you're hard on your car (shredded tires, really?) so abuse is what I'm gonna call it. So what did you do? Run it low on oil? Rev the piss outta it on a cold startup a bunch? I bet your tach has seen red-line more than a handful of times...
I do none of these things except the low oil thing because that's what ford requires me to do and I've had 2 bad engines. Is it not possible to wear out tires in less than 30 000 miles? Personally I've had tires that have been trashed inside of 6000 miles of highway only driving. Given how terrible ford has handled my situation I'm glad that the OP was able to minimize the hassle.
Rally Revolution #14
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Don't hate on an amputee chick that's still playing with lego's.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:19 AM   #65
GR34TWHI73N0RTH
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96598
What I Drive: 2012 Black SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 1 GR34TWHI73N0RTH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
mp223:

I wrote the whole story how it happened on like page 4 again read the whole thread please , i explained everything and your just skipping over and reading what you want to. Again, there were no over rev codes (never red lined, and our car has a rev limiter anyways i was told it should cut out at 7k), shredded tires from salted mountain roads with cables (they tend to kill your tire life + crappy so cal roads = bad tires). Also my oil is changed every 3k with full synthetic (way under recommended with way higher quality oil then recommended) Your clearly not reading now go find another thread; Your not benefiting the conversation. You came in insulting my car (my crappy white wheels remember? guess what buddy until you pay my car bill S.T.F.U) now go away, you have 33 post go find somewhere else to boost your post count.

Sanford12:

Yes i do drive spirited so i probably exacerbated preexisting problem, that is what my hypothesis is at least. The main bearing breaking only is slightly suspicious, if it was due to abuse i would think i would have broken a piston too or at least something else then just a bearing(and then the others when the first failed).
Old 07-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #66
felixthecat
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 80663
What I Drive: '05 Silver Sport Technologies

FF Reputation: 54 felixthecat Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR34TWHI73N0RTH View Post
mp223:

I wrote the whole story how it happened on like page 4 again read the whole thread please , i explained everything and your just skipping over and reading what you want to. Again, there were no over rev codes (never red lined, and our car has a rev limiter anyways i was told it should cut out at 7k), shredded tires from salted mountain roads with cables (they tend to kill your tire life + crappy so cal roads = bad tires). Also my oil is changed every 3k with full synthetic (way under recommended with way higher quality oil then recommended) Your clearly not reading now go find another thread; Your not benefiting the conversation. You came in insulting my car (my crappy white wheels remember? guess what buddy until you pay my car bill S.T.F.U) now go away, you have 33 post go find somewhere else to boost your post count.

Sanford12:

Yes i do drive spirited so i probably exacerbated preexisting problem, that is what my hypothesis is at least. The main bearing breaking only is slightly suspicious, if it was due to abuse i would think i would have broken a piston too or at least something else then just a bearing(and then the others when the first failed).
Ok so the main bearing spun w/ so revs, the rod bearings usallay go first. Look at what takes out 23's= low on oil. Yeah, I don't like the bearing setup on the D-tech/mzr motors w/ no rod or main tangs. I also don't like the press fit for the cams & crank. I guess there setup for production. Just to say, I'd run Mobil1 oil in it.
Introduce Mr. Torsen to the mix D23 crew- D-Tech- Sedan Revolution= #131
Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #67
CunFFS13
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 117411
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Ford Focus S MT

FF Reputation: 6 CunFFS13 Good Standing Member
Glad to read Ford took care of you for free

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->