Lightweight water pump pulley - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
ChalupaJones
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110818
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus S

FF Reputation: 2 ChalupaJones Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm really surprised there aren't any of these being actively advertised for our cars yet. That's gotta be an easy way to reduce engine load and put more power to the ground if there were a whole kit. Very interested!
Military crew, Blue Focus Crew, Chalupa Crew #1

Last edited by ChalupaJones; 07-14-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #12
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103288
What I Drive: 2012 tuxedo black focus s

FF Reputation: 1 Zuesskroph Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Idk aftermarket parts for this thing have been pretty slack
Old 07-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #13
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88885
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Gray Focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 Slo86GT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuesskroph View Post
It didn't effect temps or pressure and in the low end it feels a bit more peppy and smooth
Mental snake oil.

Is it the same diameter of the stock pulley? You MAY have lost a few ounces, I can't imagine even a pound from the accessories. There may be a gain, but it won't be able to be felt in any way shape or form, and saying the engine feels smoother from this new pulley is borderline delusional.
- Jody -
Old 07-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #14
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo86GT View Post
Mental snake oil.

Is it the same diameter of the stock pulley? You MAY have lost a few ounces, I can't imagine even a pound from the accessories. There may be a gain, but it won't be able to be felt in any way shape or form, and saying the engine feels smoother from this new pulley is borderline delusional.
Take it as you will but I know my cars and I knew I'd get this criticism from some,but hey you know my car better than I do right lol
Old 07-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #15
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Quote:
hey you know cars better than I do right lol
Fixed that for you.

They're just matters of engineering and math. Common sense will tell you 90% of what will and won't work on an ICE.
- Jody -
Old 07-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #16
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo86GT View Post
Fixed that for you.

They're just matters of engineering and math. Common sense will tell you 90% of what will and won't work on an ICE.
Lol obviously not when you drive stangs,I put this thread up to show it could be done easily and helps but you can criticize all you like
Old 07-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #17
Slo86GT
Focus Addict

Quote:
Lol obviously not when you drive stangs,I put this thread up to show it could be done easily and helps but you can criticize all you like
What do Mustang have to do with anything here? Are you calling me a stupid redneck?

Ok, lets take this into Mustangs for a minute. There's lightweight UNDERDRIVE pulleys for those too, and they'll tell you, underdriving the accessories, AND being lightweight on the alternator, water pump and power steering pump, yes THREE pulleys, will net you about 6hp at the wheels, total on a 225 hp engine.

One lightweight pulley that's probably the stock diameter ain't gunna do <male reproductive phallus> on a 160 hp engine.
- Jody -
Old 07-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #18
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Didn't say all that chief just saying if you're gonna get a v8 get a good one,and yes having all the pullies is better that is common sense but I can't get all of them for my focus yet obviously or else I would have = )
Old 07-14-2013, 01:25 AM   #19
amc49
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 96610
What I Drive: 00 wagon, 02 sedan both zetec atx

FF Reputation: 23 amc49 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Snake oil indeed, no way you can feel that. Thinking so just deludes others who are close to the same place in their brains. Back in the old days I could do mods that lost power and drivers swore up and down I increased it, it was pretty funny. Did it just to prove out a point, and more than once. They still wouldn't back down when the cars slowed down at the strip. Even funnier, human nature is such a rich, rich comedy.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #20
Zuesskroph
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc49 View Post
Snake oil indeed, no way you can feel that. Thinking so just deludes others who are close to the same place in their brains. Back in the old days I could do mods that lost power and drivers swore up and down I increased it, it was pretty funny. Did it just to prove out a point, and more than once. They still wouldn't back down when the cars slowed down at the strip. Even funnier, human nature is such a rich, rich comedy.
Didn't say it was faster or anything I said it accelerates smoother and feels better in low end

Bookmarks & Social Networks