I'm noob (install speakers/stereo) - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
simbreau
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 116696
What I Drive: 2007, silver, Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 simbreau Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm noob (install speakers/stereo)

Hi, All

So I'm totally new to this site and really just cars in general. I am learning to do all my own repairs and I want to learn how to install a speaker and stereo system. I know nothing about the systems or how to install them. I have been going through forums and websites and youtube videos at the moment. However I was wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction to learn all this, as I have found it difficult to find a good site for this. I know this won't be easy and I want to be thurough before I start this project.

P.S. I own a Ford Focus SE 2007. I just plan on upgrading from the factory system so nothing too fancey (but still want nice). However I do want certain things like a sub, USB capabel and Aux in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
jayboe123
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106032
What I Drive: 2007 Liquid Grey ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 jayboe123 Good Standing Member
First things you'll need are the right tools
Panel poppers or plastic tools are good but the surround on the 07 radio pops right off just be careful to not scratch it
You'll need a long handled socket with a 7mm attachment
A few small zip ties and crimp caps
And wire strippers/crimpers
Go on metraonline.com for your parts and accessories Be sure to get the ford harness adapter
Wire your radio of choice using the color codes take your time any leftover colors ex dimmer illumination power antenna stay unconnected
Mounting the radio for single or double din will be the isomount it's the cleanest way to do it without have bulging pieces everywhere
Biggest issue is take your time and don't rush it you can private message me and I'll be able to give you more details on all of the steps I've had three radios all looked great and I'd be more than happy to help you through subs and amp installation when the time comes

Best buy auto tech 5 years experience mecp certified
Old 07-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
simbreau
Focus Rookie

Hey thanks so much I'll get on getting all the tools and stuff. I will start looking for a system and post it once I found one. I just want to be safe before I go and buy one. Thanks again!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
jayboe123
Focus Enthusiast

No problem what type of system did you have in mind like big bass or sound quality
Old 07-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
simbreau
Focus Rookie

I'm not to sure. I would think sound quality since I listen to mostly alternative rock and rap. But I really do listen to just about anything. I do love music though hence this.

You think a double din system would be okay for this car? I was thinking something like this http://www.crutchfield.ca/Pioneer_FH.../130x700bt.htm
(I heard crutchfeild was expensive so I would look around still and find something similar)

As for speakers I'm totally lost there was looking at some but not sure what i need at all yet. If you have any suggestions that would be a great help. I know I want round speakers as i heard they are better for sound, and I believe the size i'm looking for is 6x8.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #6
jayboe123
Focus Enthusiast

If you get a double din go touch screen I have the pioneer 3400bh look it up on eBay should be about 50 bucks more and totally worth it
I've installed the radio you had a link to since we carry it at best buy looks great but you'll want the touch screen and video capability
Sound quality is going to be a big investment in your amp prolly 200 to 300 bucks unless you find a steal stay with kicker alpine sundown jl audio lanzar opti series only! Or hifonics Brutus is ok then find the subs to go with the amp just do some searches on google see what you like
As for speakers get the 4 way pioneer 6 by 8 off crutchfield or where ever you can find them best speakers in the focus so far can't do circles unless you're ready to cut stuff up and if you have a sub you won't need to worry about the bass anyway just the highs
Old 07-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
simbreau
Focus Rookie

I think I'm going to go for the same double din you have...I'm still gonna look a little more but it does look the best.....I'm going to pick up everything but the amp and sub. I will do those once I'm done this (as long as all goes well). I won't be home to work on my car for another week or two but I'll let ya know how it goes. Thanks again.

Bookmarks & Social Networks