Help, New car arrived "damaged" at dealership - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #21
sailor
Crankshaft

Fan#: 57268
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black ZTS 2.3 5spd.

Points 11,936, Level 71
Points: 11,936, Level: 71 Points: 11,936, Level: 71 Points: 11,936, Level: 71
Level Up 72% Completed
Level up: 72% Level up: 72% Level up: 72%
Forum Activity 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
FF Reputation: 79 sailor Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
As long as it fits comfortably....

Tell her the comfort advantage of not having to "brace" yourself with each curve, even if you don't think about it anymore. This can make up for not being able to change positions as much.

Luck!

S.R. #275
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #22
Hiwayracer
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109808
What I Drive: Focus 2013 SE Hatch

Points 145, Level 2
Points: 145, Level: 2 Points: 145, Level: 2 Points: 145, Level: 2
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Hiwayracer Good Standing Member
When I picked up my 2013 SE, it had a dent in the drivers door - looked like something on the loading truck had hit it.

Pointed it out to the dealer - they were beyond apologetic for not seeing it, they had it fixed - gave me a 2013 Taurus for 3 days while they took care of it.

No hassle, no fuss...
Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #23
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
most car dealers live on reputation, so they normally go out of the way to make sure you are 100% happy with the car. I bought my wife a new chevy (don't stone me) hhr a couple years ago, and it had a few marks like that, and a couple places where a 3m type plastic was bubbling. After pointing it out it was fixed in 5 minutes.

If it is anything more than a little buff or cleaning, and the have to do touch up paint or anything, make sure you get it in writing, and ask for some kind of warranty on the work. Without that, if it comes back, its on you.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:06 PM   #24
2.0 Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94292
What I Drive: 2007 White Focus

FF Reputation: 0 2.0 Focus Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by marooned View Post
Hey guys,

First post here as a Brand new 2013 TS Focus ST owner. Unfortunately it's kind of a double edged sword. The dealer had to bring in the car from another dealership and it came with what looks like scuffs on the front bumper. I figured this forum would be the best to post this as it sees the most traffic and I'm hoping somebody that knows paint can advise me. From the pictures below it looks like just rubber or paint transfer and not a scratch per say. I didn't want to rub too hard but it looks like it was "coming off" a little bit. I'm not sure if a polish or compound would remove this completely. I felt the area with my nail and it didn't feel like a scratch or that it went through the clear at all. Any help/advice really appreciated as I haven't taken delivery of the car yet. Thank you guys so much for all the informative advice that you provide on a daily basis!
Cars and truck get damaged in transit, it may be new but you still look at it like a used car with 100k miles:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And why did you buy a car with a giant non-functional grill up front?

The first thing I think of the focus st when I see it is this: lol

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.