I may have been bitten! - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013 Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #11
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116150
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream ST w/ST3 pack

FF Reputation: 1 Anthony2816 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCH841 View Post
I'm looking at 6-12 months out.
If that's the case, I also should mention the possibility that the Focus RS might be a choice for you:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/futur...s-rs-is-strong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2013 Race Red ST

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
I'm seeing dealerships starting to offer great prices on the ST. One dealer around my area has an ST1 priced in the 21,000 range. I'm also seeing ST3s in the 25s. Between these prices and better gas mileage than a 'Stang, the ST would have me.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony2816 View Post
If that's the case, I also should mention the possibility that the Focus RS might be a choice for you:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/futur...s-rs-is-strong
The ? is how much is an RS going to be and will it be limited availability. I'm sure a fair amount of perspective buyers might balk at a $35k pricetag which might even be higher than that.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #14
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
The ? is how much is an RS going to be and will it be limited availability.
I also wonder how much difference the ride quality will be. My ST has handling that I find great, but it's also still a comfortable ride for my family. Perhaps the RS will be more Mitsubishi EVO-like?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #15
JCH841
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79303
What I Drive: 2013 Blue ST3

FF Reputation: 3 JCH841 Good Standing Member
Thanks for all the comments. One outstanding thing is the lack of haters. I really think Ford did a good job with the ST. One attribute I really like in my current SES with an SVT rear bar is the crisp handling at legal speeds. My gf has avoided possible accidents twice when careless drivers cut her off and she was able to drive around them instead of stand on the brakes and pray. I may try to talk the dealership into a 24 hour test drive; drive it to work and shopping, etc. and see how I like it as a DD. An ST3 in the 25s; in the right color I'd be driving that by the weekend, financial planning be damned! I just looked at the Focus Titanium on the Ford website, looks like a good replacement when the SES is worn out, but not enough to make me throw down now. Have they worked out the programing/shifting issues with the automatic trans yet? I still think the ST has its fangs in me ...

Last edited by JCH841; 07-15-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #16
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
One outstanding thing is the lack of haters.
Things I hate about my ST3 ST:

1. All black interior can be deadly on hot days, especially since I usually wear shorts.

2. The side bolsters on the Recaro seat that hold me so snugly on tight turns make ingress/egress more difficult, and can even nail the family jewels until you get used to it.

3. What were they thinking when they put the foglight button immediately adjacent to the rear hatch release?? I don't want to be getting out on a foggy roadside to close the rear door.

4. Why couldn't I have the backup camera and more importantly, the bumper proximity sensors that come with the Titanium?

5. No auto-dimming rear view mirror? Every other car I've had in the last 20 years had that, and I miss it.

6. Most of those cars also had built-in Homelink for the garage door...but the Focus doesn't.

7. Only a 12 gallon gas tank on a car that averages 26 mpg? I can drive both my Prius and Pontiac Montana minivan over 500 miles on a tank; only 300 with the ST.

8. The AM radio is "HD". I suppose this should be a plus, but it happens that my favorite station is a bit far, and it keeps randomly switching between HD and regular audio, which sounds weird.

9. The front license plate looks awkward in the middle of the grill.

10. It seems I have to pop off the rear seat headrests to get them to lie flat, and fold the rear seat bottoms forward first. Extra effort that could have been avoided with a better design.

11. I find it hard to steer with my knees as they keep hitting the levers for cruise resume and voice command.

12. I wish there was an option to show a digital speed readout and an indication of which gear I'm in on the info screen. Why would they think the status of my car key is more important than that?

That's pretty much it so far. And when you compare that list with all the positives the car offers, you can see why so many people rave about it.

Last edited by Anthony2816; 07-17-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #17
JCH841
Focus Enthusiast

Nothing I haven't dealt with before. I think of all the things I could spend money on, another gun or fishing rod/reel, but I don't have the opportunity to use them all now, an Weber electric grill (no gas or charcoal at my apt), etc. but I don't cook meals that often to own. clean and store a grill. But this car would make me grin like an idiot every time I have to go somewhere. Going to have to run the numbers and see where I'm at. I've looked at a bunch of Mustang convertibles, Fusions, Miatas, BMW roadsters; none have held my attention.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #18
Anthony2816
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
But this car would make me grin like an idiot every time I have to go somewhere.
It definitely has that effect on me. Just getting into the cockpit does it.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #19
JCH841
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony2816 View Post
Just getting into the cockpit does it.
That's it! Car and Driver said the Focus ST was forever 19 and immature and the interior was lifted out of a stealth fighter. I was really comfortable in the driver's seat.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:20 PM   #20
JCH841
Focus Enthusiast

Still thinking about the ST, having a very busy time at work and problems with the ex making me want to do something for me, and then my dealer accidently calls me today (thought he was dialing another person with my first name). I said "not so fast Randy, I've been bitten by the ST and I see you've got a 2013 hanging around. Work up some numbers and we'll talk."

Bookmarks & Social Networks