Miami Dealership sigh.... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 02:24 AM   #1
Marine
Focus Addict
 
Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 105885
Location: Miami, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback

Posts: 558
Points 1,439, Level 21
Points: 1,439, Level: 21 Points: 1,439, Level: 21 Points: 1,439, Level: 21
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Marine Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Miami Dealership sigh....

One word for my local dealership, PITIFUL

I only go to Ford for warranty work and this is the reason.

The MFT screen was locked so I brought it in for service. I knew there Was a TSB and. Update 3.5.1 or close to it out there. I research my stuff, kinda lol

The service advisor kept asking me if I purchased the car there I kept telling him yes it is in the system. I mean for real check the vin record. Whatever...

I picked up the car a few hours later and noticed the one touch window function was not working. It is hot in MIAMI so I have the habit of dropping all windows to let the hot air out while cranking AC.

I drove it right back knowing they had most likely did a master reset and said hey the feature is not working, and howed him, jhe tells me my car never had that function Sir all clueless. I said politely you are mistaken take the car back in the shop and fix the issue Again, your car does not have that function nothing we can do. I said politely, you need better training I have the SEL and it is a feature. I said please find your manager.

While I waited I pulled out my iphone and googled and found the info here to reprogram the feature. By the time the manager and the advisor showed up I said oh golly look at this I dropped all the windows. I once again politely said where is a job application I know more about the car than you guys!

Same crap service in parts. I called looking for the center console tray and gave them the part number, they said we have to order it and if you get here by 1530 we will have to tomorrow. I said cool. I showed up there and ordered and said what time will it arrive, he says 3-5 days. Same thing for the touch-up paint but that was 7-10 days!! I said I drove all the way here soon as I got off the phone. In fact, it was you I spoke with. Same ole BS story...

I said are you related to a certain service advisor?

I called my wife go to another dealer closer to my home today and it will arrive tommorow. Paint was in stock.

I purchased 30 econolines and transits over the past 10 years from them. Great prices, crappy parts and service.

Sigh


Marine is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #2
calebstubstad
Chef Boyardee
 
calebstubstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Fan#: 103240
Location: Fargo, ND
What I Drive: 2000 Atlantic Blue LX

Posts: 2,707
Points 2,716, Level 31
Points: 2,716, Level: 31 Points: 2,716, Level: 31 Points: 2,716, Level: 31
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 calebstubstad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i would much rather spend money where I know I get good service. crap breaks, and I want to know they will back up their customers in need. Glad it all eventually got fixed, but sorry to hear about your hassles with the bone-heads in service departments at dealerships
__________________
Rally Revolution #43
[HOONIGAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Not the bear the zoo deserves, but the bear the zoo needs.
calebstubstad is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89368
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Posts: 432
Points 3,880, Level 39
Points: 3,880, Level: 39 Points: 3,880, Level: 39 Points: 3,880, Level: 39
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 valmundo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
One word for my local dealership, PITIFUL

I only go to Ford for warranty work and this is the reason.

The MFT screen was locked so I brought it in for service. I knew there Was a TSB and. Update 3.5.1 or close to it out there. I research my stuff, kinda lol

The service advisor kept asking me if I purchased the car there I kept telling him yes it is in the system. I mean for real check the vin record. Whatever...

I picked up the car a few hours later and noticed the one touch window function was not working. It is hot in MIAMI so I have the habit of dropping all windows to let the hot air out while cranking AC.

I drove it right back knowing they had most likely did a master reset and said hey the feature is not working, and howed him, jhe tells me my car never had that function Sir all clueless. I said politely you are mistaken take the car back in the shop and fix the issue Again, your car does not have that function nothing we can do. I said politely, you need better training I have the SEL and it is a feature. I said please find your manager.

While I waited I pulled out my iphone and googled and found the info here to reprogram the feature. By the time the manager and the advisor showed up I said oh golly look at this I dropped all the windows. I once again politely said where is a job application I know more about the car than you guys!

Same crap service in parts. I called looking for the center console tray and gave them the part number, they said we have to order it and if you get here by 1530 we will have to tomorrow. I said cool. I showed up there and ordered and said what time will it arrive, he says 3-5 days. Same thing for the touch-up paint but that was 7-10 days!! I said I drove all the way here soon as I got off the phone. In fact, it was you I spoke with. Same ole BS story...

I said are you related to a certain service advisor?

I called my wife go to another dealer closer to my home today and it will arrive tommorow. Paint was in stock.

I purchased 30 econolines and transits over the past 10 years from them. Great prices, crappy parts and service.

Sigh
I feel your pain. Fort Lauderdale is not much better. I had to go to several different dealerships before I found one with people working there who know what they are talking about.
valmundo is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 114024
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 152
FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
I feel your pain. Fort Lauderdale is not much better. I had to go to several different dealerships before I found one with people working there who know what they are talking about.
Was it a dream, or did you REALLY find a S FL dealership with a clue? (I used to live in Ft Laud...)

Then again, I've yet to find ANY dealership service department (in ANY area of the US) with a clue. They don't have mechanics anymore - only "part changers." In all fairness, this can be completely blamed on Ford Motor Company... they don't want service people to actually think for themselves - they want people who pull trouble codes and look up step by step instructions in a manual. If there's no code, they are clueless.

After all, this is Ford - where Quantity is Job 1.
garyd9 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #5
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89368
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

Posts: 432
Points 3,880, Level 39
Points: 3,880, Level: 39 Points: 3,880, Level: 39 Points: 3,880, Level: 39
Level Up 54% Completed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 12 valmundo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
Was it a dream, or did you REALLY find a S FL dealership with a clue? (I used to live in Ft Laud...)

Then again, I've yet to find ANY dealership service department (in ANY area of the US) with a clue. They don't have mechanics anymore - only "part changers." In all fairness, this can be completely blamed on Ford Motor Company... they don't want service people to actually think for themselves - they want people who pull trouble codes and look up step by step instructions in a manual. If there's no code, they are clueless.

After all, this is Ford - where Quantity is Job 1.
I think this is a growing trend (Not just with Ford or the automotive industry, but anything that deals with servicing high tech products). Innovation is growing fast but not much time or effort is being placed on training service techs and technicians. Many times knowledgeable consumers (like the folks here) know about TSBs before the dealers do, for example. Some don't even know what features and specs are available on the products they sell.

We need more tech geeks to learn how to diagnos and repair cars!
valmundo is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Marine
Focus Addict
 
Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 105885
Location: Miami, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback

Posts: 558
Points 1,439, Level 21
Points: 1,439, Level: 21 Points: 1,439, Level: 21 Points: 1,439, Level: 21
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Marine Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Yeah I owned Lexus vehicles for the last 8 years. Is250's's and ES350's and one time a 2008 GS350. They are no different. Toyota is Toyota after all. However they masked it well with free loaner cars and a free car wash every week. lol. I did like Saturn when they first came out. This is my second Ford I have owned personally. Nothing beat my 1971 RT Challenger with a 426 Hemi w/dual Holley 850 double pumpers!!!! Then I wrecked in a race in 1984 against a brand new Trans Am. I blew its doors off, but at the end of the street I hit a Bus . I was 18 years old and Stupid and joined the Marines to grow UP!
Marine is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
Userdenied
Focus Enthusiast
 
Userdenied's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116334
Location: Indianapolis, IN
What I Drive: '13 Black Ti Hatch 5-Speed

Posts: 279
Points 813, Level 15
Points: 813, Level: 15 Points: 813, Level: 15 Points: 813, Level: 15
Level Up 13% Completed
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 5 Userdenied Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
Yeah I owned Lexus vehicles for the last 8 years. And they are no different. Toyota is Toyota after all. However they masked it well with free loaner cars and a free car wash every week. lol.
I wouldn't let a dealership wash my car if you paid me... That's a chilling thought.
Userdenied is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
Elizabeth
Focus Fanatic
 
Elizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89280
Location: SouthEast, WI
What I Drive: '14 Tangerine Scream ST3

Posts: 3,159
Points 13,321, Level 75
Points: 13,321, Level: 75 Points: 13,321, Level: 75 Points: 13,321, Level: 75
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 34%
Activity: 34% Activity: 34% Activity: 34%
FF Reputation: 15 Elizabeth Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
Was it a dream, or did you REALLY find a S FL dealership with a clue? (I used to live in Ft Laud...)

Then again, I've yet to find ANY dealership service department (in ANY area of the US) with a clue. They don't have mechanics anymore - only "part changers." In all fairness, this can be completely blamed on Ford Motor Company... they don't want service people to actually think for themselves - they want people who pull trouble codes and look up step by step instructions in a manual. If there's no code, they are clueless.

After all, this is Ford - where Quantity is Job 1.
Why are you blaming Ford Motor Company???
All dealers are independent companies with a contract to sell Ford products. What a dealer does or does not do in it's service department is totally up to the dealer owners.
Now yes Ford does need to go after some of the worst dealers and light a fire under their arses.. In my town i have one Ford dealer i trust. a small one as far away as i can willingly go. But they DO have service. and can be trusted. So out of over two dozen dealers I have one i trust, and a dozen i would never go to no matter what. (the rest i do not know enough to say one way or the other)

And MOST dealers of ANY brand car are all the same anyway.
Finding a GOOD service deparment is golden. pure gold.
Elizabeth is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
Marine
Focus Addict
 
Marine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Fan#: 105885
Location: Miami, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback

Posts: 558
Points 1,439, Level 21
Points: 1,439, Level: 21 Points: 1,439, Level: 21 Points: 1,439, Level: 21
Level Up 39% Completed
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Marine Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Finding a service department is truly gold. I remember when I owned my first Ford. I paid 600 for a tune up, plugs the whole nine yards. I did an experiment cause I am a whacko. I took a file and scored the sides of the sparkplugs before bringing it in. A few of them. The car was done and brought to me. I said lets take a look. Pulled out my socket wrench in front of the service advisor and pulled the very first plug. It was the easy easy one. I said before releasing it out of the socket I said bet there is a notch filed on the head. He stared at me. I really didn't have to do this you could tell the plug was old, but what the heck. LOL I said we could handle this two ways, I will call the cops (they have better things to do) as you just stole my money or you can drive my baby back in to shop and DO YOUR JOB!!! The work was done and I was refunded the entire amount. The morale of the story...Buyer Beware. It pays to have some basic knowledge and some spidey sense.
Marine is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Fan#: 114024
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

Posts: 152
FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Why are you blaming Ford Motor Company???
All dealers are independent companies with a contract to sell Ford products. What a dealer does or does not do in it's service department is totally up to the dealer owners.
First, we are talking about the warranty service and not selling cars. In that regard, Ford Motor Company has FULL control. In terms of warranty work, the service department has to pay 100% of the cost of parts AND labor for ANY work not approved by FoMoCo. As well, Ford retains very tight control over HOW that work is performed. Deviate from their manuals and the service department doesn't get reimbursed. In addition, I'm sure Ford has some mechanism for additional penalties.

It's FoMoCo that causes service departments to refuse to repair things that they can't repeat (as Ford tells them that they must be able to repeat the problem.)

It's FoMoCo that causes service departments to make extremely lame claims such as "it's supposed to work that way" (as Ford tells the service departments that it's supposed to work that way.)

It's FoMoCo that causes the service departments to only hire "part changers" instead of real mechanics, because Ford only wants service departments to pull codes, look them up, and follow explicit step-by-step instructions on repairs - without the expense of a qualified mechanic who actually has to try to solve problems.

It IS true that most car companies are going in the same direction. However, unlike Ford, there are still some that consider post-sale customer satisfaction to be extremely important. In those cases, you might actually find a real mechanic with a clue.

Take care
Gary
garyd9 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Cadillac ATS-V, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.