N/A Mk3 Upper Motor Mount Installtion Guide. (Pic Heavy) - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
ShoOff
Focus Addict

Fan#: 109590
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 15 ShoOff Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
N/A Mk3 Upper Motor Mount Installtion Guide. (Pic Heavy)

Well so I had a few requests for this installation and hopefully once others see how easy it is they to will feel more comfortable with not only the install but the purchase as well.

If you followed or read my last write up and got through it ok then this should be a breeze!

First off you will again need either a lift and a motor jack or a jack and stands. This time I used a jack and stand since most people will use this method. please alos let the motor cool so you don't burn your hands and when installing the new mount please refer to ford torque specs.

The tools youll need are
1. 18mm socket or wrench (I used a deep well socket)
2. 16mm socket or wrench
3. T30 torx bit or t handle
4. A way to support and slightly lift the motor (I used a simple floor jack)
5. Jack stand to support the car while youre under it (I also STROGNLY suggest wheel stops as well. )
6. Flat head screw driver.

First start my lifting the car with the jack and placing it on the stands and place the wheel stops. After that is done youll need to remove the engine guard/shield so that youll be able to get the jack under the motor. use your t30 torx to remove the 8 torx screws holding the shield in place.

Once you remove the shield you can now place your jack under the motor. I found a perfect spot on the left side and barley lifted up on the motor at all. Youre really just wanting to release pressure off the stock mount.

Now youll want to go back up top to under the hood. At this point youll want to move the coolant res. out of the way. This is only help in by two little tabs located in both front and back of the bottle. I simply was able to pull straight up but you may want to use your flat head screw driver. once you do this simply just set it on top of your motor.

Once you relocate the coolant bottle you can now start with removing the old mount. The nuts holding the mount to the motor are 18mm and the nuts on the frame side are 16mm. I used deep well impacts, a impact gun, and extension as to reach the 16mm easier. When removing the 18mm motor side nuts a bolt came out with it probably due to the impact gun I was using. But don't worry if this happens. it easily goes back into place.

Once the old is out of the way you can now install the new motor mount! If your motor bolt came out this is where youll want to reinstall it. (See pic)

Then you will reattach the coolant bottle.

And then remove the jack. Reinstall the motor guard. Take the jacks stand down and remove the wheel stops. Now its time to enjoy!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
darkangelism
Sonic Crew #04

Fan#: 85425
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 9 darkangelism Good Standing Member
Cool thanks
Sonic Crew #04
Steeda SRI/Newmission | Steeda RSB | SMC Replica ST Wing | SMC Aluminum Oil cap | Injected Tune | 2.5" custom exhaust
Old 07-11-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 Bliky Good Standing Member
From what I can tell from the pictures the 2012 and 2013s are different. You don't have, what I think are, AC lines in the way of your mount. See:

Shouldn't make it too much more difficult to get the mount out... just have to work around them.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #4
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliky View Post
From what I can tell from the pictures the 2012 and 2013s are different. You don't have, what I think are, AC lines in the way of your mount.

Shouldn't make it too much more difficult to get the mount out... just have to work around them.
No its not use to work for Toyota for years and there aluminum once you lift it out of the plastic clip take out all mount bolts with engine supported just use both hands on the sides of the mounts and push with just enough pressure to move it towards the engine it will give and not break or leak just take your time. Makes you wonder way they moved it planing on a lot of mount changes or A/C leaks.
looks like new mount might not have clip so take it off old mount you can try to glue it on or just clip it on the A/C line and use electrical tape or duct tape to hold it in place if you can just go around the sides from the bottom and cross to the other side at the top back and forth about four times or more if you want the purpose is to hold it in place and let it do the robbing if any why it would be better to glue unless the one you get might have a hole for the tab. Good luck take your time and let us know how it turns out.

I looked the two different pictures over again and it makes no since who would run the low pressure line over the mount to a clamp joint and back to fire wall in the 2013 just the high pressure line smaller line runes around the mount this is stupid I have both years and going out right now and look something else to give then two cents worth...
Old 07-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #5
Sampson12
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109557
What I Drive: 2012, Blue Candy, SE

FF Reputation: 1 Sampson12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Mine has the AC line running in the top since its a 2012. I just carefully pulled the line out of the clamp after the motor mount bolts were taken out. It made it a little harder to get the mount out since you have to work around it. I think the line will be fine with out the clamp to hold the AC line. I will take pics of mine today or tonight.
Steeda RMM
Turbo Tech Racing UMM
Old 07-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #6
TurboTechRacing
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 100913
What I Drive: Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 TurboTechRacing Good Standing Member
Nice write up!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
iceman05
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 107405
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 iceman05 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampson12 View Post
Mine has the AC line running in the top since its a 2012. I just carefully pulled the line out of the clamp after the motor mount bolts were taken out. It made it a little harder to get the mount out since you have to work around it. I think the line will be fine with out the clamp to hold the AC line. I will take pics of mine today or tonight.
Pics would be great!

2012 Focus SE Sedan
SR # 273

RR # 111
Old 07-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
Bliky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95135
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 Bliky Good Standing Member
For the record I wasn't worried about the install/removal with my AC line there. It's still possible I just have to be more careful... I guess i'm more curious about why the line changed from 2012 to 2013... Seems like that line that goes over the mount on 2012 is just a loop around and comes back twords the firewall but on the 2013s instead of the huge loop it just goes straight back around twords the bracket that's there. Weird.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #9
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
I though that when you said you would just have to work around them just though it in in case some had second thoughts after double checking theirs.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #10
Sampson12
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 109557
What I Drive: 2012, Blue Candy, SE

FF Reputation: 1 Sampson12 Good Standing Member
Here's pics of my 2012 with the AC line that goes over the motor mount.

Steeda RMM
Turbo Tech Racing UMM

Bookmarks & Social Networks