first official iasca event - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
first official iasca event

met up with a local spl competitor and got a box for a single 15 for free today. me met up at a iasca event so i said why not, through it all together real quick and entered.

equipment
1 t2d415
1 t1500.1bdcp
1 10farad cap
1 t400.4
2 punch pro 6"
2 punch pro tweets
tons of wiring
80prs pioner hu
stock electrical

box was about 3.5cuft after displacement tuned to 35hz. peaked at 45hz doing a 142.4 and taking home a 1st place trophy for my class. voltage drop down to 11.9. was almost a full 4db higher then the second place winner.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
freemind
Vince your Moderator

Fan#: 67513
What I Drive: 2002 ZX3 and a 2010 Focus SE (Work)

FF Reputation: 22 freemind Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (20)
Nice job man!

Hatch Nation #140
Caeci caecos ducentes
Old 07-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
alaskanzx5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 82699
What I Drive: 2000 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 6 alaskanzx5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
wasn't expecting anything more then a 140 to be honest considering i have stock electrical besides my 10 farad cap and it was all thrown together in 10 min with scrap 8gauge speaker wire for the subs. started off with a 141.6 at 45hz doing a sweep from 30-60hz then jumped to a 142.4 my next run doing a 40-70hz sweep. need to do the big 3 and replace the wire going from the cap to the sub amp fuse holder. its 4 gauge right now but i have 1/0gauge to replace it with. ground could be better to. using a stock ground in the trunk. if i had a drill i would run the ground to the frame. for now i need to get some sand paper and sand down where my ground is better. just need to get my voltage up the best i can until i can get my 250amp with the external adjustable regulator and some nice batts. dropps down to 11.9 at idle. if i can gain .5-1volt i can gain a few tenths on the meter.

i think i can squeeze about .5-1db more with tweaking and small changes. could have turned the sub up a bit more on the hu but im already overpowering it and want to make sure its getting as clean of a signal as it can. im sure a 20-30sec burp would have been fine though.

also got my 80prs in active now, been messing around with a little here and there. sub is set at 63hz with a 16db, slope mid is 100hz 12db slope to 3.15k 12db slope, tweet is 4k with 12db slope. eq is just about flat but i think i need to up my mids a bit or lower my tweets a bit. gonna start with lowering tweets first.

Bookmarks & Social Networks