Plasti-dip my 08 foci - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #61
ShortBusHero
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117242
FF Reputation: 1 ShortBusHero Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickgt40 View Post
Well... he asked for everyone's opinion. It just so happens that I'm part of that everyone group.

I didn't attack him, I didn't call him names, I simply stated that the car looks bad this way.

If he continues to get only sugar coated comments he will get a false sense of acceptance. Plastidip sucks, especially when applied to an entire car.
It's all a matter of opinion. Some people like the look that dip offers, some don't.

For those who love to tinker and mess with stuff on their cars, I think plastidip is amazing. It's not permanent, easily changeable, comes in a variety of colors, and if you screw up it is easily removable. Not to mention the stuff is pretty cheap. It is a very simple way to express yourself and make something a bit unique out of something otherwise boring.

I personally find nothing wrong with your opinion. It's just that, opinion. I'm honestly not sure why people feel the need to respond to someone's opinion if all they're going to do is end up bickering about it (not saying that is what you're doing). Oh well, internet lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #62
Alptbird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109943
What I Drive: 2008 focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Alptbird Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusHero View Post
Can we all stop littering this man's topics with shenanigans?

As the OP stated himself, I'm not the biggest fan of the blue color, but I don't think it looks horrible. You can tell some time and effort went into doing a proper job with the dip.

I like the direction it sounds like you are wanting to go with the colors. I am curious about your red stripe. Is the stripe done with the dip as well, or is it something different? Was it difficult masking over the dip (as far as accidentally peeling anything off)?
The red pin stripe is a pep boys pin stripe. The masking of the car was learning process and I did lift dip in a few places. The fun behind the dip is to figure out how to ultimately paint the car for me. Trying something different like this gives me the ability to fix a mistake cheaply. Once I figure out my final color scheme I will paint. But in the mean time I don't have to worry about rock chips!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #63
ShortBusHero
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117242
FF Reputation: 1 ShortBusHero Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alptbird View Post
The red pin stripe is a pep boys pin stripe. The masking of the car was learning process and I did lift dip in a few places. The fun behind the dip is to figure out how to ultimately paint the car for me. Trying something different like this gives me the ability to fix a mistake cheaply. Once I figure out my final color scheme I will paint. But in the mean time I don't have to worry about rock chips!
It looks really nice. I'm very interested to see your final color scheme.

I've messed with dip on other things and for the life of me I can't mask without lifting the stuff lol one day we'll figure it out. How hard was the pin stripe to do?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #64
crice8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84830
What I Drive: 2010 Sterling Gray Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 crice8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusHero View Post
It looks really nice. I'm very interested to see your final color scheme.

I've messed with dip on other things and for the life of me I can't mask without lifting the stuff lol one day we'll figure it out. How hard was the pin stripe to do?
The trick is you have to remove the tape while still wet and relay your edges after each one dries
Galatians 6:14
Old 08-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #65
Alptbird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 109943
What I Drive: 2008 focus sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Alptbird Good Standing Member
^^ for edges you have to lift it while it is wet or design you scheme around a hard edge. As for the pin stripe it was fairly easy. But you have to be patient if you have never laid one down. I have seen professionals do a whole car in two minutes. I am not a professional at pin striping but it turned out ok.

There are videos on you tube from dipyoucarcom where they show you how to use the product and helpful tips for mixing color of dip and pearl flakes and so on. They some pretty wild dips out there.

Bookmarks & Social Networks