Has anyone else had their 2012 Focus Tranny rebuilt? - Page 7 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #61
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The horror stories continue. I truly wonder when there will be a recall or when they will actually be able to fix these.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using FF Mobile 4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #62
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizayjm View Post
...Very happy with this dealership. Have no issues fixing the other minor issues I brought it in for also and know if they found or heard a prob with the tranny it would be fixed. Even got a free oil change and tire rotation. If you live in or around northeast ohio visit Montrose Ford in Alliance. Great place
Hi Krizayjm,

I'm so happy to hear that your dealership takes such great care of you! If you'd like to make your feedback "official", send me a PM with your name, VIN, phone number, dealership name/location, and any details you'd like to include about your experience. I'll get it entered into our system. :)

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 08-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #63
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Well, three days ago I was promised a phone call from my regional CSM. Apparently I have been either forgotten or I'm being ignored. Actually, I'm not really too upset because my car has been behaving itself pretty decently the last couple of days. Whatever happened last Friday must have just been an isolated incident. Hopefully the good trend continues.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #64
gostinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44867
What I Drive: 2013 SE Black Pack Loaded 5 Spd MTX

FF Reputation: 1 gostinger Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
Well, three days ago I was promised a phone call from my regional CSM. Apparently I have been either forgotten or I'm being ignored. Actually, I'm not really too upset because my car has been behaving itself pretty decently the last couple of days. Whatever happened last Friday must have just been an isolated incident. Hopefully the good trend continues.
Normal for Ford reps to "forget" or "ignore" . Didn't you get that memo from corp. It's printed at the bottom in invisible ink on the same dct memo.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using FF Mobile 4
Old 08-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #65
Etch.
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116485
What I Drive: Not a Focus anymore. Good riddance!

FF Reputation: 0 Etch. Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizayjm View Post
At the dealership now to get the tranny looked at for grinding in 2nd and 4th gear was doing it every time on the drive to the dealership. First thing they did before taking it on a road test was check for an update on the tranny and there was one and when they took it for a drive there's not a peep. I even rode along with..... Figures :( they checked the seals and said they weren't leaking so we will see if this update holds up. If not ill b right back here. Super nice people and super nice mechanic. Very happy with this dealership. Have no issues fixing the other minor issues I brought it in for also and know if they found or heard a prob with the tranny it would be fixed. Even got a free oil change and tire rotation. If you live in or around northeast ohio visit Montrose Ford in Alliance. Great place

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
My dealer just told me they believe my tranny was fixed with just the reflash as well. I too am skeptical, but we'll see what happens over the next few days.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Does it have any sort of version or date info for the reprogramming? I'm wondering if there are any new revisions in the last month. I have another service appointment on the 6th for a few things including the DCT...if I even still have the car by then...might be rid of it by the weekend. Just wondering if this is some new calibration you got. Gives me an idea if its something new they may flash to my car or if it will be more of the same bs as far as the dct goes.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #66
Krizayjm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102581
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Krizayjm Good Standing Member
I forgot to ask what the specific FSA code for this update was but I think it has been around for some time. The technician informed me that there has been 3 flash updates since the car came out. My old version was 12B37 which ford sent letters out informing of the update and to get it serviced ASAP but never received anything for the latest one. I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere where you can find the latest reflash (code???)
Old 08-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #67
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Well, three days ago I was promised a phone call from my regional CSM...
Hi Dylan1970,

I checked out your case and see that your CSM has a follow-up call scheduled with you tomorrow. If you ever have any difficulty reaching someone, don't hesitate to reach out to me so I can assist. :)

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply
Old 09-01-2013, 05:08 AM   #68
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Well, this will be my last visit to the forums. I finally had enough with the issues this transmission has and with the help of a family member I was able to trade out of my nightmare and into a used 2011 Escape. The payments went up but the transmission issues are over. I just got tired of Ford and their desire to keep tinkering with it, I need a car to drive.....if I wanted to see my car sitting on top of a garage lift I would've kept my 2006. I bought a new car to eliminate those problems but in hindsight it was the biggest mistake of my life and I will never make the same mistake again. I'm disappointed because I had to be the one to solve the problem myself, I would've thought that Ford could stand behind their vehicles better than what they did but they just seem to continue to turn a blind eye toward what is so apparently clear.....that these DCT's are nothing but trouble for the most part. Ford can say what they want but when I had to have my tranny rebuilt at 13,000 miles and then wait for parts that were backordered for three weeks there is obviously a problem, whether Ford ever gets to a point where they can openly admit there is a problem will be interesting to see down the road. Anyway, I wish everyone else who is having issues better luck than I had, hopefully Ford will eventually find a permanent fix for the problems.

Last edited by Dylan1970; 09-02-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #69
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Well, this will be my last visit to the forums. I finally had enough with the issues this transmission has and with the help of a family member I was able to trade out of my nightmare and into a 2011 Escape. The payments went up but the transmission issues are over. I just got tired of Ford and their desire to keep tinkering with it, I need a car to drive.....if I wanted to see my car sitting on top of a garage lift I would've kept my 2006. I bought a new car to eliminate those problems but in hindsight it was the biggest mistake of my life and I will never make the same mistake again. I'm disappointed because I had to be the one to solve the problem myself, I would've thought that Ford could stand behind their vehicles better than what they did but they just seem to continue to turn a blind eye toward what is so apparently clear.....that these DCT's are nothing but trouble for the most part. Ford can say what they want but when I had to have my tranny rebuilt at 13,000 miles and then wait for parts that were backordered for three weeks there is obviously a problem, whether Ford ever gets to a point where they can openly admit there is a problem will be interesting to see down the road. Anyway, I wish everyone else who is having issues better luck than I had, hopefully Ford will eventually find a permanent fix for the problems.
You did not make a mistake Dylan, you signed up for a new 20,000 vehicle from one of the worlds largest automakers and all you expected was a good working automobile.

You were treated in an egregious manner like many other focus owners.

What shocks me the most is all the owners I see making excuses to justify this lousy transmission. Someday they will all be reading about a recall and wondering why they didn't see the obvious .
Ford is now beginning to install a new design to address problems they said were normal and no one even points that out.

I assume each of them works as hard for their money as I do.

Good luck with your new car, my mazda-3 drives like a dream and I don't have to make or listen to any excuses for it.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #70
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
You keep posting all over the place about a redesigned transmission to address the problem, yet I don't think there are any facts to substantiate that there is in fact a new design or what the changes are. There is an updated part number, but unless I missed some vital info, that is all anyone knows for sure. Yes, I know a dealer told a customer that it was redesigned, but we have know way of knowing if that service person knew what he was talking about, or if he was just telling the customer what he wanted to hear. Please post FACTS about the redesign.

The dealers have been telling people, including me that the clutch packs and seals were redesigned, but I have seen ZERO details on what if anything was actually redesigned. We know for certain that quite a few people got the supposedly redesigned clutch packs and seals only to have the same problems return.

So . . . until Ford comes forward with some FACTS about what they have done, we have no idea if changes were really made or if Ford just slapped some new part numbers on the same old problems.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->