Has anyone else had their 2012 Focus Tranny rebuilt? - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #51
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegachicago View Post
What happened? Grind, shudder, hunting, or all of the above? Been 2 months with my rebuild and all is well compared to what it was before. I can hear a slight grind only once in a while if I start off slow. Still switching gears smooth. However, it is still a DCT that can never feel like a slush trans and I realize this limitation. Just concerned about what started first for you after the rebuild and how soon after.
What I'm hearing is a lite rattling after the second shift and when I have to accelerate on an incline until it shifts into the next gear. It still runs better than it did before but I get the feeling that the problems may be creeping back. I'll keep everyone updated as time goes by, right now I'm just crossing my fingers that it's nothing more than maybe the new clutches breaking in from time to time. I mean it's been about two weeks since I got the car back so I'll just have to see if it gets worse or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #52
vegachicago
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89988
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 2 vegachicago Good Standing Member
Mine is the same way but the grind is much less pronounced. But the shifts are smooth and no more hunting. When going around a turn and slowing it would get so frickin confused, not any more. Shifts quickly into the correct gear. If it stays like this I will not mind so much. Also, the loaner they gave me was a 2012 Fiesta with 19 k on it which more or less behaved like my rebuilt trans does but I was happy driving it as a change to the Focus. Keep us posted.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #53
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

The problem is slowly becoming worse, the hesitation and shuddering is coming back too. I don't know where to go next, I'm over $4000 in negative equity, I live paycheck to paycheck, and my credit isn't all that great. I know what kind of response I'm going to get from Ford if I call them, the only thing I know to do is to try and get another car from a buy here pay here dealer and just turn the Focus back for repo. I'll deal with the consequences down the road I suppose, it won't be the first car I ever had repossessed. If anyone else has any better ideas please feel free to let me know. It's just that I can't afford to retain a lawyer and try to challenge Ford and their big time lawyers, hell they will pound me into the ground like a nail. I'm just so frustrated and upset, I can't believe that I got taken across like this. They have turned me against ever buying a new car again, damn I'd rather ride a bicycle than drive this car right now.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #54
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
1500 RPM going up even a slight incline and my tranny sounds like it is going to tear itself apart. Pretty sad for a vehicle that is not even 1 year old.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:56 AM   #55
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
The problem is slowly becoming worse, the hesitation and shuddering is coming back too. I don't know where to go next, I'm over $4000 in negative equity, I live paycheck to paycheck, and my credit isn't all that great. I know what kind of response I'm going to get from Ford if I call them, the only thing I know to do is to try and get another car from a buy here pay here dealer and just turn the Focus back for repo. I'll deal with the consequences down the road I suppose, it won't be the first car I ever had repossessed. If anyone else has any better ideas please feel free to let me know. It's just that I can't afford to retain a lawyer and try to challenge Ford and their big time lawyers, hell they will pound me into the ground like a nail. I'm just so frustrated and upset, I can't believe that I got taken across like this. They have turned me against ever buying a new car again, damn I'd rather ride a bicycle than drive this car right now.
I had a problem with a Dodge once filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the owner of the dealer called me himself and resolved the problem that week. You could also try your local TV news station consumer reporters. Good luck....
Old 08-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #56
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
Dylan, don't think about losing, think about winning.

Have you contacted Crystal, the ford CS rep here at this board? She has helped more owners than I can remember get their cases escalated and fixed.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #57
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
Dylan, don't think about losing, think about winning.

Have you contacted Crystal, the ford CS rep here at this board? She has helped more owners than I can remember get their cases escalated and fixed.
Well, I don't want anymore fix attempts....I want a financial solution so I can get myself out of this situation that I'm stuck in. I'm a reasonable person and I'm just looking for Ford to do what's right for me and get me into an automobile that is worth the money I invest in it.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #58
Krizayjm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102581
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 Krizayjm Good Standing Member
At the dealership now to get the tranny looked at for grinding in 2nd and 4th gear was doing it every time on the drive to the dealership. First thing they did before taking it on a road test was check for an update on the tranny and there was one and when they took it for a drive there's not a peep. I even rode along with..... Figures :( they checked the seals and said they weren't leaking so we will see if this update holds up. If not ill b right back here. Super nice people and super nice mechanic. Very happy with this dealership. Have no issues fixing the other minor issues I brought it in for also and know if they found or heard a prob with the tranny it would be fixed. Even got a free oil change and tire rotation. If you live in or around northeast ohio visit Montrose Ford in Alliance. Great place
Old 08-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #59
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
My dealer just told me they believe my tranny was fixed with just the reflash as well. I too am skeptical, but we'll see what happens over the next few days.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #60
Bigbot45
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87124
What I Drive: 2014 Q50 - Formally 2012 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Bigbot45 Good Standing Member
Well I've had my car back since Saturday and it's already having trouble making it into second gear. It's also shaking and vibrating horribly. I honestly don't know what's wrong with Ford, I don't know why they don't want repeat customers, and have such difficultly honoring something as basic as the drivetrain warranty.
At this point though I'm done fighting. I've put a hold down on a new vehicle and am just waiting for it to arrive. Honestly I'm just worried if the Focus will be safe to drive up until then.
1990 Mazda Protege <-- 1986 Subaru GL-10 Turbo
1986 Volvo 240 DL

Bookmarks & Social Networks