Has anyone else had their 2012 Focus Tranny rebuilt? - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #11
snow12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108999
What I Drive: Car

FF Reputation: 1 snow12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
Why is that?

Are problems with the DCT "gearbox" (i.e. transmission without the clutches) common?
Since the MTX is more "tired and true" its more likely the new DCT would have issues requiring a tear down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #12
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
It's a DCT....the tear down is complete, just waiting for the parts and praying for a good ride for the first time since I bought the car. It's encouraging to hear that some people had good luck after parts were replaced, it's been over a week but my dealership has been great including setting me up with a loaner free of charge.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #13
Shantheman2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98655
What I Drive: Fmr: 2012 Ti Sedan Now: '13 Taurus

FF Reputation: 2 Shantheman2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
It's a DCT....the tear down is complete, just waiting for the parts and praying for a good ride for the first time since I bought the car. It's encouraging to hear that some people had good luck after parts were replaced, it's been over a week but my dealership has been great including setting me up with a loaner free of charge.
Sorry to disrupt the flow of 'good' responses thus far...

Had mine rebuilt last month after slippage happened due to the faulty seal issue. Have 12,500 miles on it. Waited almost three weeks for parts...and since getting it back...it is NOT as smooth nor does it idle well anymore. Took it back twice...and all ive gotten is the 'it's normal' blah blah blah.

Negative equity is the only thing holding me back from looking at a different model.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:00 AM   #14
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Well, it wasn't great before all this work so all I can do is wait and see. If its worse and I can't trade it in I will just turn it back for repossession and lick my wounds. For now though I'm doing a lot of praying......
Old 07-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #15
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
Well, it wasn't great before all this work so all I can do is wait and see. If its worse and I can't trade it in I will just turn it back for repossession and lick my wounds. For now though I'm doing a lot of praying......
Don't miss up your credit over a car lemon law it..
Old 07-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #16
Userdenied
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 116334
What I Drive: '13 Black Ti Hatch 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 5 Userdenied Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminoles View Post
Don't miss up your credit over a car lemon law it..
This, I believe in most areas you have to have the car worked on for the same problem 2-3 times and then you can lemon law it. No reason to ruin your credit over something you can fix otherwise. :P
Old 07-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Userdenied View Post
This, I believe in most areas you have to have the car worked on for the same problem 2-3 times and then you can lemon law it. No reason to ruin your credit over something you can fix otherwise. :P
Car dealers and there repair centers are well aware of the lemon law and how to get around it. If they are clever with the wording of the repair report they can avoid the appearance of having the same issue over and over. I'd recommend bringing in the reports from previous service and make sure they don't get creative with the wording.

Brian
Old 07-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #18
UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
Well, my DCT is starting to make weird noises driving at slower speeds, especially when the transmission is in 6th gear. I have to use sport mode to eliminate the use of 6th gear so that it doesn't make weird grinding noises in the transmission. Just shy of 14,000 miles on this car.

No worries, my 2014 5.0 will be on the lot by the end of this month (trade in). The Ford dealer can worry about it. I'm done with the DCT, it's crap. Love everything about the car except Ford's faulty DCT. Supposedly, my car was the latest revision when it was purchased. Guess not.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 10 Kabigon Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnleashedBeast View Post
Well, my DCT is starting to make weird noises driving at slower speeds, especially when the transmission is in 6th gear. I have to use sport mode to eliminate the use of 6th gear so that it doesn't make weird grinding noises in the transmission.
It is the clutch assembly (not the "gearbox") that makes the "grinding" noise.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #20
DJ2BIG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49192
What I Drive: 2012 Winter Frost SE

FF Reputation: -6 DJ2BIG Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I bought an extended warranty 125,000 mile 7 years bumper to bumper $0 deductible there is no way I'm going to risk my car being in need of huge repair and not be covered by the end of my loan I figure its a protection for my credit and finances I can't afford a costly transmission rebuilt or being out of a car I also get rental if it needs to be in the shop I love my focus and really don't want to look at other brands I have owned a 2007 focus 2011 and now a 2012 I loved my 2011 but needed a family mover and traded it for a 2011 Ford Expedition I am loyal to Ford gave my family and I a chance getting car loans we have now bought 3 fusions 4 focus 1 fiesta and 1 expedition since 2007 I have never needed any major repair thank God!

Bookmarks & Social Networks