Fsw Stage 2 help!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Forced Induction

General Forced Induction The place to chat about turbochargers, superchargers nitrous systems and custom engine fabrications.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
King Hoonigan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100769
What I Drive: 2011 Sterling Grey SES

FF Reputation: 1 King Hoonigan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Fsw Stage 2 help!!

Whats up guys, im mostly through with my install but cant for the life of me figure out how to mount the intercooler. Anyone know how this thing is supposed to mount? Bolts and nuts are supplied, but how are you supposed to get a nut onto the bolts in that enclosed space inside the bumper? Also, for the water lines, do they connect to the old rubber lines or where they came off of? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
koke'sfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69779
What I Drive: 05 silver st

FF Reputation: 1 koke'sfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Well the intercooler u have to make the holes and u can put a wrench with the nut an put the screw on is simple or u can cut a piece of the crash bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hoonigan View Post
Whats up guys, im mostly through with my install but cant for the life of me figure out how to mount the intercooler. Anyone know how this thing is supposed to mount? Bolts and nuts are supplied, but how are you supposed to get a nut onto the bolts in that enclosed space inside the bumper? Also, for the water lines, do they connect to the old rubber lines or where they came off of? any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
team duratec #94
D23 crew #9.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
King Hoonigan
Focus Enthusiast

ok so im good on the intercooler, only thing im stuck on now are where the turbo water lines go.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
King Hoonigan
Focus Enthusiast

Alright so ive got everything together except the water lines. really rough idle on startup with white smoke,not a lot, but definitely noticeable with a strong fuel smell. any ideas?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
ZXthrizzle05
TURBO ZX3

Fan#: 24434
What I Drive: 2007 mazda 3 I sport, TURBO ZX3

FF Reputation: 6 ZXthrizzle05 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Fuel cell culd be tune related. Or a loose hose to fuel rail
RISE AGAIN EGGYOLK130 WHP 124 WTQ ZETEC CREW #271
RIFF CREW
TURBO DYNO COMING SOON
Old 07-01-2013, 02:03 AM   #6
King Hoonigan
Focus Enthusiast

thats what i was thinking, just finished the install and havent started tuning yet. might also have something to do with the empty space on the inlet. Anyone know what actually goes there? im pretty sure that would fix the wierd idle problem. Gotta resolve this quick seeing how this car is my only dd
Old 07-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #7
Jgrove998
i <3 my ST

Fan#: 45311
What I Drive: '12 Fusion SE V6

FF Reputation: 24 Jgrove998 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Did you buy the kit from FSwerks? Their instructions are pretty detailed IIRC.

Did you have a base tune before you started the car? The weird idle would be fixed when the ECU is tuned for the new injectors (and other things). Empty space on the inlet? Not sure what your talking about there.
'07 ST ; formally bewst'd - R.I.P
D23 Crew: #07
Old 07-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
King Hoonigan
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrove998 View Post
Did you buy the kit from FSwerks? Their instructions are pretty detailed IIRC.

Did you have a base tune before you started the car? The weird idle would be fixed when the ECU is tuned for the new injectors (and other things). Empty space on the inlet? Not sure what your talking about there.
No I don't have the base tune yet, I'm hoping that's what it is. I bought it brand new from fswerks. The 2.5 inlet branches out up near the turbine and looks like maybe a hose or some sort of fitting goes there I just don't know what
Old 07-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #9
Jgrove998
i <3 my ST

Fan#: 45311
What I Drive: '12 Fusion SE V6

FF Reputation: 24 Jgrove998 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hoonigan View Post
No I don't have the base tune yet, I'm hoping that's what it is. I bought it brand new from fswerks. The 2.5 inlet branches out up near the turbine and looks like maybe a hose or some sort of fitting goes there I just don't know what
If you bought the kit from FSwerks than you have the full support of the shop. I would not start the car until Randy tells you too or until you at least have a base tune loaded; you've changed the injectors, MAF location and added the turbo....there no way the car will run correctly with the stock tune from Ford. His remote tuning process if pretty particular and you should follow the instructions provided carefully.

The inlet you describe sounds like it could be for the bypass valve. The FSwerks system is recirculated due to metering the incoming air before the turbo. That means when you let off the throttle and the bypass valve opens, the air is returned to the charge piping AFTER the MAF (because it's already been metered by the ECU) and NOT vented to the atmosphere. You need to have to bypass valve hooked up correctly; if you don't its like have a giant vacuum leak.
'07 ST ; formally bewst'd - R.I.P
D23 Crew: #07
Old 07-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
King Hoonigan
Focus Enthusiast

Yep it was definitely the bypass. The bottom hose slipped off, and now I fel stupid lol. Idles smoothly, now to start tuning. Thanks for the help guys

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->