My FoFo came home weird. - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
Vanquished
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114099
What I Drive: 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus

FF Reputation: 1 Vanquished Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1983 View Post
Classy move picking this up. I've been liking the Lincoln vehicles for the last few years. Those big glass tops are nifty but that's a lot more glass flying in an accident.

Is it a 4 banger hybrid? It looks like a pretty big car to have a 4 cylinder. Unless it's Ecoboost?
I think it's a hybrid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #22
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 9 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The Lincoln is snazzy.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #23
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by badazz2010focus View Post
It looks as big as a towncar LOL....at first I thought it was town cars replacement at first.
The MKT seems to have been the Town Car replacement. I saw a couple putting around Boston and the side of the front door has lettering spelling TOWN CAR at the bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterH View Post
Sweet car. I hope it wasn't too bad of a financial hit trading in your 2013 Focus so soon.
Yes and no.. I took a $4000-5500ish hit for 8 months and 15k miles I guess that is ok...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazz2010focus View Post
but that's also more to go wrong thought.....I'm sure ford has hours of r&d into it at least we hope LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
That is gorgeous! Love the clean uncluttered layout of the interior and the transmission selector on the dash. If the car is drive by wire, why waste valuable space by dropping an old style gearshift selector in the center console like they did in the Focus?
I'm surprised I got used to it so quick. But it can't be that bad... oh well doesn't matter, everything has warranty and all scheduled maintenance is covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquished View Post
Ha very cool. Was pretty shocked to see Owen Lincoln sticker on the back of that, where my mom got her 2010 MKZ. Small world I guess :p
Well we're both mass holes!
I just noticed... it's missing it's MKZ badge.. oh well. I'd like to get rid of that tacky L I N C O L N off the back too. I'd like a simple crosshair in the center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mix1983 View Post
Classy move picking this up. I've been liking the Lincoln vehicles for the last few years. Those big glass tops are nifty but that's a lot more glass flying in an accident.

Is it a 4 banger hybrid? It looks like a pretty big car to have a 4 cylinder. Unless it's Ecoboost?
yep 2.0 4 banger. it's peppy enough. not exactly fast but it works well with the CVT. It could be a bit quieter or have a better note though but then it's a CVT so they don't sound normal anyways.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #24
Arco-Zakus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 101658
What I Drive: 2014 SGM SE Sport Pkg Sedan 5sp-man

FF Reputation: 10 Arco-Zakus Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Nice car!

I haven't seen one in person yet but that car looks gorgeous in pictures. Ford usually seems to do a really good job matching alloy wheel styles to all its different models, as it did again with yours.

I doesn't look like there's a shroud above the touchscreen -- do you have any problem with glare on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phokus View Post
I wanted the mpg if the hybrid . I did play with the v6 awd. It hauls ass. ...
One of those V6's with the conventional 6-speed automatic and AWD should fit right into a Fusion. I wonder if it could be shoehorned into a Focus. (I hear Charlie Ryan singing in my head, as I imagine 300 hp and AWD in a Mk3 Focus going up The Grapevine.)
(http://youtu.be/e58NJU5B3v8)
(http://www.allmusic.com/song/hot-rod...n-mt0028713551)

Quote:
No panoramic roof. Not worth the $3000 after playing with it and looking at it. ...
I'd be curious how much weight it adds, too. Being that high above the center of gravity could make body roll on a winding road a bit interesting. (I'm thinking of an old-style mechanical metronome.)

Quote:
... oh well doesn't matter, everything has warranty and all scheduled maintenance is covered
The thing about warranty if you do have problems, and prepaid routine maintenance, is that you are at the mercy of the dealer to do it right. If you have a good dealer that's cool, but otherwise can be very unpleasant. A history of good reliability counts for more to me than a good warranty. This model is still too new to tell, but I have my fingers crossed for you.

Quote:
... I'd like to get rid of that tacky L I N C O L N off the back too. I'd like a simple crosshair in the center. ...
Since they did the crosshair on the front they probably thought they had to spell it out for anyone who doesn't recognize the crosshair. Looks tastefully done to me, though. Not tacky unless the letters get dried up car wax stuck around the edges.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #25
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

I filled up today and did the math. I did 44mpg easy. It's great! Always have thought I'd never get a hybrid but things changed and it happened...

The body roll feels pretty controlled with the ride mode in sport (lol sport.. lincoln... sport... ) But yes there's a pretty big difference from Comfort mode. I think that should keep it under control. Remember it's a Midsize car too. It's huge though the MKS is ridiculously big too

The previous year Lincolns had a crosshair up front and back. They also spelled it out on the trunk lid too.

But it's not as tacky as this on a 2010 MKS interior. Sheesh.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #26
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/waldo/mkz

2ish months and 3000 miles later

It's great! Fuel costs are super low surprisingly low.. The batteries or motor is breaking in and I can achieve the 50mpg+ mark more often now.
Not bad for a 2 ton car

I did learn, stay away from tan or light colored interiors/leather. I know I must have black next time no ifs ands or buts.

I also seem to have a spider issue. The white vanilla colored ones keep showing up inside the car and are pissing me off.

Considering the other vehicles in my garage look like this
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/waldo
The bike is getting worse in commuting mpg now. ~23ish but free parking is a plus

Old 08-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #27
Twenty
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17

Fan#: 90312
What I Drive: 2012 YB SE sedan w/ ST exterior

FF Reputation: 9 Twenty Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
These things are BEAUTIFUL. I want one really badly.
SR #74/SMk3C #17/YBOC #03
Bill M.

Bookmarks & Social Networks