Fuel injector cleaner recommendations - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus First Generation > DURATEC Performance (2003-2007)

DURATEC Performance (2003-2007) The place to chat about any Duratec 23, 23E, and 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
CriticalMass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63989
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Coupe SES, Silver

FF Reputation: 2 CriticalMass Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowzts View Post
Hell no not $600!!!! I work at a shop that does injector flushes... its like $170 ish and the shit works pretty good

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using FF Mobile
This was Honda circa 2004. And yeah, my friend paid the $600.00 and was "told" that the injectors were physically taken apart and cleaned. hehe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #12
BowerR64
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 78699
What I Drive: 2007 ZX3 SE

FF Reputation: 12 BowerR64 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Basicley a fuel injector flush that shops use= disconnect the fuel line & hook the line up & then connect the leads up to the battery & start the car & let idle till the fuel runs out, about 20 minutes or so. It shouldn't cost no $600. for sure. Its a injector flush service.
I dont understand what your saying to do here.

Disconnect the fuel line & hook the line up? What line do you hook up? the fuel line? Connect what leads to the battery?
Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #13
Milton
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89715
What I Drive: 2007 Black Focus SES 2.0 L4 4 Door

FF Reputation: 4 Milton Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64 View Post
I dont understand what your saying to do here.

Disconnect the fuel line & hook the line up? What line do you hook up? the fuel line? Connect what leads to the battery?
- you have a bottle of injector cleaner with two connectors

- connector one is connected to your shop compressor and you pressurize the bottle to your normal fuel system psi

- disable your fuel pump

- disconnect fuel line from fuel rail

- connect the fuel rail to the second connector on the bottle of fuel injector cleaner

So at this point your injectors are disconnected from your normal fuel system and are connected to the pressurized bottle of fuel cleaner.

Start your car and run it until all the fuel cleaner is gone.

You are dealing with a fuel system that could result in severe burns or death. Perform at your own risk.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #14
RonMaiden
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 99230
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Metallic Hatch SE

FF Reputation: 6 RonMaiden Good Standing Member
I've had good results using BG's 44k once a year in all my cars especially my very raced and abused '93 turbo Eclipse and when the head was removed after 8 years and 80k miles things were surprisingly clean and had minimal buildup anywhere. And only about 20 bux a can.

Bookmarks & Social Networks