buying my first focus which one do you recomend. - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-19-2013, 07:38 AM   #11
rambleon84
So mote be it

Fan#: 51521
What I Drive: 2007 Dark Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 23 rambleon84 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quick autotrader search found this one:
2009 - 52k miles for $8,999
http://tinyurl.com/myl9tth

thats where you should be price wise, negotiate down from there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #12
CriticalMass
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 63989
What I Drive: 2009 Focus Coupe SES, Silver

FF Reputation: 2 CriticalMass Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The used car market is still really high in price because of the shortage. A lot of times you can get a new car for about the same price as a used car. Have you looked at the mustang prices lately? Prices on cars like that used to drop like a rock, now they remain sky high.

Once the used car market becomes more saturated again prices will begin to drop, but for now, it's probably a better bet to buy new.

People are holding onto their cars longer, and for a few years there people were not buying as many new cars.

Oh, also, Carmax lies about their agents not making a commission, they do.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #13
RemainFocused
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115882
What I Drive: 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee laredo

FF Reputation: 1 RemainFocused Good Standing Member
Thanks everybody for the help. Umfortunately my credit is pretty bad and roadloans is the the only company who would finance me. I know carmax is overpriced but i feel like i dont jave a choice.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #14
bile0026
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97349
What I Drive: 2009 Amber Gold Metalic Focus

FF Reputation: 7 bile0026 Good Standing Member
Might want to go right to Ford. I hear they will give just about anyone an auto loan...
Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #15
LensDriven
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 111184
What I Drive: 2006 Blk ZX4 SES, 2009 Blu Coupe SE

FF Reputation: 1 LensDriven Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemainFocused View Post
Thanks everybody for the help. Umfortunately my credit is pretty bad and roadloans is the the only company who would finance me. I know carmax is overpriced but i feel like i dont jave a choice.
If you're already approved for roadloans, you could try applying some other places, if you didn't already- it won't hurt your approval, or shouldn't.

Also, with road loans, you should be able to use it elsewhere too. For instance when we had tried it, we could have used it via eBay. We had also called them and asked about buying from an individual. They said you could, it was just a bit more paperwork and waiting, but you could, despite being affiliated with car max. Just when we didn't use it right away they started getting kinda huffy with us and all the other stuff started, that's when the red flags went up ;)

You could always look into buying new that loan route too- then the warranty and what not would offset the higher cost. Either of these cars I'm assuming is going to be a pretty steep payment, but don't forget about maintenance and insurnace and what not that will get added to the cost of ownership.

Bookmarks & Social Networks