TORQUE app- post me some logs :) - Page 4 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #31
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminoles View Post
What fuel octane were you running 87 or 93 interesting how timing was reacting with the other readings wonder if any knocks were recorded, ambient temp maybe a bad sensor.
You have a good point there. It doesn't seem like I was getting full advance for 93 octane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesiel678 View Post
Did you happen to log commanded afr? I'm assuming no but thought I'd ask anyway
Nope.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #32
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
I have a bone stock car, 93 in the tank, and the torque app. I can log my 36 mile mixed drive commute on the way home if it will help.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #33
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
I have a bone stock car, 93 in the tank, and the torque app. I can log my 36 mile mixed drive commute on the way home if it will help.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Any data is good, but it won't be much for comparison to the previous data unless you run some WOT (wide-open throttle) at high RPM.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #34
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminoles View Post
ambient temp maybe a bad sensor.
Possibly. Wouldn't the gauge cluster have shown an incorrect reading if that were the case? It was showing 88 degrees or so.
Hatch Nation #90
Old 06-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #35
Deesiel678
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105147
What I Drive: 2013 white SE hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Deesiel678 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
You have a good point there. It doesn't seem like I was getting full advance for 93 octane.
Just to point out, I have the injected engineering tune... My car should advance more timing than one without the tune

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA
Old 06-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #36
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Quote:
Possibly. Wouldn't the gauge cluster have shown an incorrect reading if that were the case? It was showing 88 degrees or so.
I'll do some digging the might use different sensors.

Found that the gauge cluster's have been known to be off some updates to the cluster ecu the sensor in in the passenger side mirror
Old 06-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #37
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Aye aye cap't! I'll do it just for you!
Sometimes I think we get along great. Other times I think you argue with me just for the sake of arguing. Basically, you are the internet version of every girlfriend I've ever had.

Ultimately, I am pretty curious. I am more curious to see what OEM would look like on your car simply for the fact that it would be same-car testing. It removes the variables of manufacturers tolerances between cars. I also have the urge to buy the OBDII Bluetooth adapter and Torque just to datalog my car.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 06-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #38
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Sometimes I think we get along great. Other times I think you argue with me just for the sake of arguing. Basically, you are the internet version of every girlfriend I've ever had.
LOL! I've had similar thoughts.... It's funny that you mention the curiosity thing... It obvious that you and I are both curious "info seekers" if you will and I think that's actually where some of the "debating" (a term I prefer) comes from. My best friends are the types of people that will enjoy a good debate frequently, and, though we approach a subject from different angles, the ideas will nearly always come back together to meet in the end. I find that it's a very effective way to analyze details of a subject that may not come to light if we simply agree with each other. Therefore, I will even go to the extent of arguing an angle I don't agree with just for the sake of obtaining those details. For instance, say you make a conclusion that I agree with, but I want to know how or why you came to that conclusion. If I ask you directly how/why and you don't give me enough information to explain your approach, I might argue with you a bit to get more information. ...and it usually works.

It's strange, I know, but I hope that makes sense... BTW, I hope you caught my sarcasm in the "aye, aye cap't" comment. I'll do the testing of the stock intake on my car, but I'm going to do it for all of us, not just you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
Ultimately, I am pretty curious. I am more curious to see what OEM would look like on your car simply for the fact that it would be same-car testing. It removes the variables of manufacturers tolerances between cars. I also have the urge to buy the OBDII Bluetooth adapter and Torque just to datalog my car.
I understood your previous comment about same-car testing and validity... no need to repeat yourself.
Hatch Nation #90
Old 06-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #39
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Is there a difference in the ambient air under the mirror at whatever velocity it's at vs the temperature of the air at the intake?
Old 06-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #40
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Bookmarks & Social Networks