TORQUE app- post me some logs :) - Page 22 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current)

DURATEC Ti-VCT Performance (2012-Current) The place to chat about any Duratec 2.0L Ti-VCT engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #211
qweesy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 12042
What I Drive: 2004 focus Duratec 2.3 RS (DEAD)

FF Reputation: 3 qweesy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
will add mine later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 02:22 AM   #212
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another thing to remember is how much the station your getting the 93 from is selling who knows how long it has been setting in the ground. I checked with the owner of a small station and he hasn't ordered 93 in a year that he can remember sure they check for water and pump it out when needed but doesn't gas go bad after a while?
This must be where some prophet comes from us paying 40 cents more for 93 at todays pricing that was probable bought when it was 2.90 a gallon... LOL
Old 07-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #213
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminoles View Post
doesn't gas go bad after a while?
That is a good point. I've seen several sources that state that E10 will begin phase separation and water contamination in as short a period as 90 days.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #214
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjrommel View Post
i'm on my computer now.
1.) open torque
2.) go to settings
3.)hit "plugins", it's the 3rd down on the list under the settings map.
4.) hit "installed plugins..."
5.) at the bottom of the list, there's an option "get more plugins...", hit that.
(with the above, it will take you to their website)
6.)choose the knock detector off the list and download it, it will take you to the play store.

TESTING PROCEDURES:
open it up, and just go full throttle, i find it best to hit 15-20 mph and do a second gear pull till 5-7k rpms.

MY RESULTS:
with BP i had 0 detonations. I have done the pull 10 times and had no possible detonations. I made sure to do the pulls under different circumstances such as ambient temps, load variations and humidity. With shell i did 20 samples and the least amount of "possible detonations" I a had showing was 3 and that was with 70 ambiant/77 IAT. The log will show the rpm value it happens at as well as the correction (generally the correction was -1 degree of timing)
Thanks for the information. I downloaded and will check it out later.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque
Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #215
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjrommel View Post
I still am unable to post logs due to computer issues but: I switched from BP to Shell for gas and noticed some really bad things. At WOT, my timing stays 18-19 degrees advanced... I also used an add-on to torque to test detonation and noticed I have a lot of detonation (in a 0-60 run, I had 7 knocks.) I think it's about time to go back to BP as their 93 octane had the best results for my car. Has anyone else datalogged different brands of gas with the same octane ratings?
I ran two knock tests today while running 93 octane from a local-brand station. Each test showed 2 possible detonation events, and advance was running 21-23 degrees.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #216
mustang0
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96079
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy SE HB Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 mustang0 Good Standing Member
I did a couple of knock tests this morning 55 degrees ambiant no knock issues. Did a few more tests on the way home the air temperature at 73 degrees still no Knocks. Will have tk try later with higher temps. and humidity and see if I get any different results.
65 Racestang 96 Mustang 2012 Focus SE HB Sport Pac 5 speed man. NewMission Cold Air, lunchbox Delete,Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust, Steeda Rear Sway Bar, Steeda STS,Axis wheels, Blox shift knob,Focus elecrtic RMM, Injected 93 Tune V1 176HP 152Torque
Old 07-26-2013, 10:41 PM   #217
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Played with this Knock plugin today on way to work, it was 93 out and had a tank of Walmart 93 gas. There are no logs so had to pull over to read results showed 7 knocks but after reading the description for the app I believe this app is showing us false knocks on our car. First the 7th knock was at 115 mph not happening in third gear was only doing 70 mph. Second the timing was dropping 1-3 degrees when the knocks allegedly happened in the app description it said timing drops will cause false knocks, the logs I did timing was up and down a lot. I'll try it on the 2013 she runs 87 in it and after a few tanks of good 93 I'll try mine again.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #218
Tjrommel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114674
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford white Sedan 5M

FF Reputation: 1 Tjrommel Good Standing Member
Not sure if you all have any mods;however I just reset ecu to let my car relearn 93 octane to make sure it is not confusing maps (yes I know, 93 is much easier in terms of detonatoon). I was just seeing if I could open a little more hp and maybe have my ar run more lean vs the 11:1 are I have been getting. Hopefully I'll gain my timing advance back also... I'll keep you all posted
Old 07-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #219
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Forgot to hit "Start Logging" this morning. Did get this screen capture though. Nice cool morning with low humidity. Mostly flat straight section of road on the drive into work without any other cross streets for about 1/2 mile or so. I know it's not accurate but interesting numbers regardless.

Thoughts?

*edit*

Well it appears that Torque automatically logs for you. I went under "Map View" and exported this mornings run. It was a HUGE file, and while somewhat interesting, I thought it might also be interesting to see just the 1/4mi blast I did that resulted in the above numbers. So here is a chart that shows a couple different PID's during that run.

I find a line chart to be MUCH MUCH better in terms of analyzing what is happening. I'm very curious why TPS never showed 100%. It clearly leveled off when under full acceleration, but it appears to only show 89% or so. Not the 100% I was expecting. I'm curious if I should be logging "commanded" instead of "delivered". Any thoughts on that?

I'm considering compiling the data to show a 3D "map" of timing versus TPS and RPM. I'm guessing that would be a rather interesting table to see visually. I did something similar for a class project awhile back that CLEARLY showed the strength of a ceramic sample as compared to BOTH binder and clay percentage used. If nothing else it would be interesting to look at.

Last edited by 2kwik4u; 07-29-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #220
2kwik4u
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 102523
What I Drive: '12-Sonic Blue-5dr/5spd/203A/Roof

FF Reputation: 1 2kwik4u Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
Further illustrating my comment above...

Here is a log from this morning, with ambient temp at 73, relative humidity 90 percent:

...and a similar log from a few days ago, with the same fuel at about 90 degrees ambient (datalog ambient is incorrect). Note the difference in advance.

EDIT: Oddly enough, that log from today is the first time I've seen "normal" 12.5:1 WOT AFR from my car. The only thing that has changed is installation of a K&N 57s-4000 intake kit.
What PID's are you logging for AFR (Calc), AFR (Meas), and Fuel pressure? There are several available with the same names in my version of Torque, and would like to be able to compare apples to apples so to speak.

Thanks!

Bookmarks & Social Networks